[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Can I get mine with “Convoy C8” on the side? I want it to be a sleeper.

It will be OK for the Customs inspection…

Liitokala 402 4bay charger on sale for 4,99$ if someone wants for 10$ to grab 2pcs go to GearBest and use code

USLED8

Cheers

You have my support in this!
“Giggles” fits perfectly for this light!
Maybe in a low contrast font? …for people who don’t want to have the letters “giggles” too much visible?

And in addition “BLF [logo] GT” on the head.
Short and simple, like with the Q8…

No, you can’t fake the manufacturer, write:
Lumintop Tool AAA
and put a key on one of the holes for the shoulder straps. :slight_smile:

If you want giggles on it you can engrave it. TA has the template in the OP.
The font is Comic Sans

Ansonsten googel mal in deiner Nähe nach Laser gravieren oder Laser Cutter oder Fablab

Is there a built-in way to attach a shoulder strap, like the Thorfire S70?

Yes, I actually used my thorfire S70 strap on it.

Just a question, I don’t see these logos on the outside of any of my other lights (the Emisars, M43 and C8s), why is it different for this light?

you ask why it is different?, LOL, isnt it obvious that this light is very special, we are talking about one of the highest throw commercial flashlight :smiling_imp:

All those lights you mentioned have branding on them, Emisar and M43 on the tailcap and C8s on the side (usually)

The Convoy L6 originally was blank, but later the name was added. It did not make the light ugly at all.

I think the key for the GT is not to use white like on the Q8, but to use a grey so that the bigger logos don’t stand out like a sore thumb. Low contrast, but still readable. It makes for a more serious and better looking light.

It’s great that we’ve reached the point where the logo seems to be the only hurdle left! :partying_face:

Thanks for all the hard work, GT Team! :+1:

To be honest, I have no idea. I am not a fan of them being on the light myself but it seems they are needed for customs in some areas???

Big companies like Nitecore, Lumintop, Thrunite are paying for licensees and standards that are required,so they have to put that on their products.

I really like the bunny in a circle, but I don’t feel that this personifies Lumintop to everyone at this time, so I’d like to see the Lumintop name under the bunny logo so it’s more recognizable. Yes, BLF team members designed and proved it, but Lumintop built it and is really doing us a solid with this light, hence having their name bold and proud is not too much to ask. BLF GT could be under the switch, or on the same side as the switch, with the logo and Lumintop on the other side. Seems a shame to have all that real estate wasted on the large head and bezel, ought to be a way to index it so it’d line up, even if they waited til the light was assembled to laser it on there.

Brand recognition sells lights. Selling lights keeps the manufacturer happy. A happy manufacturer is much more likely to build us our next BLF Special. :wink:

If they put their name on this like they do their other large lights, the branding will be located as usual, staying consistent, with the model number underneath their name…

So SD-75 would be replaced with BLF GT, that would keep it concentric and also simple, while showing manufacturer and BLF credit simultaneously.

Ultimately, I wouldn’t care as it’d be dark when I’d be using it and the text wouldn’t be visible anyway. :wink:

(the picture I used was one posted in a review by Selfbuilt)

Very sensible…

I think this may help , the Lumintop brand story…. (I’d never seen this before a few moments ago)

“Brand Story
LUMINTOP is combination of “luminous” and “top”. No need to speak more, yes, our target is to be one of the top leaders in flashlight field. As for the LOGO, it’s inspired by an artistic concept. A man was hiking in a dark night while the moon was hung in the sky near the horizon, suddenly a rabbit jumped out, it caused his alarm, and in a blink, he instinctively lighted on the rabbit with his flashlight, the rabbit got scared and became frozen, right at the view angle in which the rabbit looked like frozen in the moon, like the LOGO shows. That is how our logo born. Interesting, lovely story!

The founder Mr. He of LUMINTOP is a hiker and off-road fancier, joined many sports like “Hundred-Mile Hiking” “Long distance ride” and “Tibet off-road driving”, etc. In these sports, flashlight is an essential tool, but what made him and his friend fanciers disappointed was the flashlight lacked personality and aesthetic appearance. Then LUMINTOP was born, born for fanciers, specially produce high qualified, exquisite, cool, luxury, useful flashlights with unique style. The founder united another 3 professional flashlights experts who already mastered the advanced technologies in the field at that moment, thus LUMINTOP formed. Until now, we have developed and produced many new special models welcomed by our customers, and got many patents. We have grown from zero to be one of the top brands in this field because of getting the strong support from our loyal customers, heartily thanks for their trust and support! We devote to provide you better products and service as always!”

The company started in 2010, so in their 7th year they create the BLF Giga Thrower and their fame was cemented for all time! :slight_smile:

I'm missing something.

If there will be a logo/brand name on the head or below the switch..

What is going to be in the flat area on the Tube?

100% agree with you Dale, well said! (Just had to quote you)
I don’t know how much room there is under the switch but it should fit a logo in the same style as shown on the sd75.

Also a very nice story from lumintop. Didn’t know that.

Nothing. :wink: