[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Maybe add some different resistors to the package as well as they are very cheap. Make it a complete package. :+1:

Agreed. It was just good natured humour. I appreciate that.

Hi, I would like to be added to the list if still possible. Thanks.

Coyotehawk will add you to the list. Your name will show up once he does the next update. It will be early January when you will get a PM (personal message) giving you all the details of where to go and how to pay. Welcome to BLF.

I thought it was joke also, but I cringed anyway. I could picture in my minds eye someone reading it and not getting it.

Just look at the number of folks asking the same questions over and over when the question asked was answered just a few posts previously. Thankfully the folks answering the questions haven’t had to field any posts (so far) from folks who have read it. They’re busy enough. For that reason alone I couldn’t get a chuckle out of it.

thank you, I did not know which words to use in ebay, AE… search, now I know = shoulder strap :smiley:

Thank you for your help, much appreciated! I will keep an eye on this topic. :slight_smile:

Please add me to the list. Thx

Coyotehawk will add you to the list. Your name will show up once he does the next update. It will be early January when you will get an email and PM (personal message) giving you all the details of where to go and how to pay. Welcome to BLF.

Here is a ‘novel’ idea……… why don’t we just drop the discussion about the claimed “joke” entirely. And then try to refrain from posting anything else that could be misinterpreted by anyone.

While I did take it entirely as a joke …… Jason did not.

And as BrianK said, many people on here apparently read next to nothing and ask questions that have been answered numerous times. Sometimes a post or two above where they ask even……

So why post anything that could be misunderstood by someone living somewhere that has no idea about ‘USA humor’??
Whether that be actually in the USA or some country I cannot even spell, much less pronounce. … :wink:

When I read this I took it as a joke right away. Since I cannot see the writers face or hear the tone of the voice, whenever I read an email, text message or post in a forum my first thought is to assume the best of intent from the author until I know differently.

I have been questioned about a perceived negative “tone” in my writings a time or two in the past and I assure you that I never intend malice unless I am VERY clear about my intent.

How great would it be if this could come pre-assembled like a P60 drop in. For non-modders like me it would be fantastic.

The Drama, it’s thick.

How about an XHP70.2 on mcpcb and spare driver with the resistor change. Swap it back and forth as you see fit. One light to rule them all.

If the Miller were here I’m pretty sure he would be furious about that joke. It tarnishes the reputation of Neil as well as of the BLF Forum. Miller takes the reputation of this forum very seriously and when someone comes in and makes negative jokes about one of the big BLF projects that he and a lot of people have been working on for over a year I can see him getting really mad and just wanting to leave. If not going that far, then telling ARsee to delete his post and possibly telling Neal to not ship his lights. Just give him a refund. It’s like he just dissed all the hard work that the GT team did and says it was all a long con to dupe forum members out of money. How is that funny? It’s probably going to hurt sales because some people might think it’s true.

If I were a mod I would have just deleted it when i saw it and tell ARsee not to do that again and that would be the end of the discussion.

Frankly, I’m not very good at interacting with people (robot brain syndrome) and I’d rather just move on and let TA or sb56637 deal with it. I’ll just stick to helping the new folks, if that’s okay with everyone.

The miller would probably be fine with that joke, he gets most of my sarcasm when nobody else does.

You just need to calm down a little and not take things so seriously, this is an english forum, people are allowed to have fun and make jokes in english which the majority of people understand.
Rat made a pretty good joke, he got a lot of people with it :stuck_out_tongue:
Arsee’s post was absurdly obvious that it was a joke, no harm done there.

I’m not going to weigh in on it anymore. I’ll let someone else deal with it. I am not a people person like The Miller.

If you are not a people person as you correctly said, give yourself a break by quitting reading this thread . This is an international forum and acting as a forum cop is not good for your health .

Here is another ’novel’ thought……….

WHY DON’T WE ALL JUST DROP IT………

Good grief…… this sounds like 2nd grade!!

My ’opinion’… YMMV.

Hi folks! Awesome project! I would like to be added to the list too :slight_smile:

I guess I can add some batteries to the order later when the time of payment comes?

If not:

1 x BLF GT
4 x 18650 batteries
and registered shipping in two packages

Thanks!