[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

hope i get my tracking info soon….this waiting is killing me.

Yep…… :wink:
There may be one…… but so far I have not found one that got notice that ordered batteries……. :wink:

I thought most of us were adults

Not to be off topic from the GT being shipped, but I didn’t buy the optional batteries. I don’t have a good reason why, just didn’t. Does any one know where i can find these same or similar batteries to buy? Button tops seem harder to find, preferably a fast shipper, not from China. Don’t want to have the light before i have the batteries LOL. Thank you!

I think your right. I could have sworn I saw at least one order with batteries, but I just checked every single person who said they got a notification and none of them ordered batteries.

Suggestion is to see if the Russian women have any 18650s for sale :slight_smile:

USA, and I did order batteries

I got a set of Samsung 30Q button tops from www.liionwholesale.com for $5.09 each. They ship out of phoenixville PA so you should get them quick.

Packages that containing lithium batteries have a little bit different treatment then regular, and probably will be in separate fireproof container.
So yes that can be a reason why not everyone from US get notification.
Don’t worry it’s usually just one day longer than regular just to make sure everything is inspected and safe for delivery.

Cheers

Nikola

It seems those who ordered batteries have not got a shipping notice. Maybe they did not ship out yet?

Maybe orders with batteries could not be included in the big usa order that went out Sat?

Hard to say. We are figuring it out as we go along.

I think so to Jason. :wink: . No big deal, but at least that may kinda explain the order of things. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it makes sense that the lights with cells would have gone in a separate shipment. As said above they would need different handling and it really makes no sense to mix them in with the no-cell lights shipment anyways. They would be a different weight as well which would make things more complicated then all the packages being the same.

My guess is that the lights with cells will ship together at some point. No idea which location will be shipping next or which lights, just gonna have to see as they ship.

Yeah mine has batteries and no notification as well.

I got a the text earlier also. And I didn’t order batteries.

So, now that we are seeing signs that people who ordered batteries are not getting notices, let’s see why some people are getting email notices vs text notices. Has anyone gotten both?

Also, a good friend of mine also ordered the GT, was part of the top 555, got a DHL text earlier, AND lives less than 20 miles from me… And he got a text stating an estimated delivery of the 29th whereas I just got a notification saying they will tell me when it ships. I wonder what the difference there was?

BTW, this is not a complaint, just trying to further sort the Method in the Madness.

Mountain Electronics
Liion Wholesale
Imr batteries
Illumn

All usa battery sellers.

You ordered batteries so it might be a little longer wait. No worries though. It will get shipped.

I’ve had quite a few packages from DHL, from Saudi Arabia mostly. They’ve consistently amazed me with the sheer speed they handle things with, typically 3 days and that’s amazing from Dubai to Central Texas. Only had an issue once…. they apparently had packages opened at customs and the light coming my way got put in a package that previously held a heavy duty hoodie… I got the hoodie and if I’m remembering correctly the very expensive light went missing. Rare case though, all other’s came without a hitch.

How big was this light that requires a box that could hold a heavy duty hoodie?? Lol!

I’m a bit confused. Are we supposed to get a shipping notice or something? I ordered mine 02/12 but haven’t heard anything since the phone number email…

The light was a custom Mokume Gane from Sinner, the hoodie was wrapped in the DHL package, no box. Quite different parcels, nobody knows exactly how that happened. The hoodie was indeed inside the package with the label from Dubai to me, so it got swapped in customs somehow. It would probably be a good guess that the customs officer absconded with the very fancy light. Sinner, being the quality businessman he is, made his customer a new light.