[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

May I know the basis of your answer? Have you seen it first hand? Or are you just speculating?

I am not dropping out. I am still waiting on PM.

I needed more light out my GT’s e-switch….

Ahhh much better now! :smiley:

Hello, If memory serves me I was number 975 on the list. I ordered the GT with batteries and I selected Registered mail Im in Indiana.I haven’t heard a word yet… Was your registered or DHL ? TY

Looks good, What resistor did you use and have you measured the new parasitic draw?

Registered mail is set to start shipping out in the next batch. Hopefully end of this week or next week. My guess is next week due to the extra work involved with the 2 package shipping.

Ah! You beat me to the punch!

• Yes you may.
  • I have seen a picture of it first hand.
  • My opinion is based on the picture of a ‘retail’ reflector I have seen.

In addition any speculation, by anyone either way; should be based on what we have actually seen from Lumintop…… would you agree?

And thus far, save except possibly a tiny fraction of 1%; all we have seen is top quality from Lumintop.

“Speculation” should not be based on some random thought that ran through someones mind, only to be posted in a thread full of tension already.

It serves no purpose & is counter productive.

Just ’my opinion & thoughts’ …… yours, as well as that of others; may vary.

This thread has outtalked even ME! :open_mouth:

No way :smiley:

You say you have a “picture of it first hand”… remember we are talking about GTs that are now offered by Lumintop to the public. That means Lumintop has told you and even showed you a “picture” of the reflectors for the general public for you to give definitive judgement.

With all due respect Mr, teacher, your pronouncement about the reflector is nothing more than speculative opinion and refraining from such speculative opinions yet given as facts will help this thread and steer it away from additional confusion.

Again, only the facts from the GT members, please.

To my eye, it looks like he found a proper sized clear cover. I’ve looked all over for them and came up zilch. Since its Kawiboy I’m betting he found one on one of his many, many project/parts lights. I’m sure he has a big stash. Lol

Kawi, if you found them at a store, can you share where?

Tatasal AlexGT, why would you even ask such a question in the first place? Are you hoping someone will say:

Yes, they are perfectly smooth like a mirror. The Led is even brighter in the direct sale lights. They measure 3.6 miles as well. My buddy was on the moon and he told me he saw the GT being waved around down on Earth”.

Is that the answer you want? Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

:person_facepalming:

Jason I believe he was trolling for just such a response. Lets all try to remain cordial here. Getting angry at our fellow blf members is at best hollow. It’s much better when we try to get along with one another here, after all we share at least one hobby with each other. Cheers

He asked a legitimate question, and got answered by speculation. And now is getting jumped all over.
There is no “retail” lights yet, so anything is speculation. Will they slow down the process to make the reflectors better when they are selling the light for full price? Who knows. Will they find a better process to make a smoother finish in the near future? Who knows. I do know that they will not get the LED much brighter because it is already being driven pretty hard. Will they put a different emitter in the retail version? Maybe.

Guys, a speculative question was answered speculatively.
Of course, speculative or not is subjective.

I agree with Joey, he (AlexGT) is just asking a nonsense question to be inflammatory.

Not once did I think he was asking a legitimate question.

I’m not angry, I’m laughing at it. It’s funny. I just got back from a motorcycle ride so I’m pretty chill. It’s been a while side I’ve taken a ride. The weather was pretty good today.

Or we could ask they might be selling to public with not so good reflector, since public don’t really know much about reflector.

Not speculation! Fact! Lumintop is selling the GT lights on facebook at retail to the public!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1338983446228601/permalink/1435727553220856/