[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

It seems that all those badly damaged cardboxes were from the same group of shipment. I noticed that they all have the “lumintop” adhesive tape.
Another group with only minor damages, or no damage, to the cardboxes was sealed with a translucent adhesive tape with no brand name.

Thanks, is work now. I used temporary small magnets insert between all 8 cells.

Mine also got some scratches on head part. could be caused by transport.

From the group “Flashlight Fanatics” on FB is becoming e-shop BLF GT … :smiley: Another for sale is in Norway.

No issues yet and I’m pulling 22.3amps, but its a pure copper braid. Got Silver coated braid too that’s heavier if needed.

Oh.
But you can already get it from mouser without any other contents…just the LED.
The discount from buying multiple units is very small, only a few dollars.

What’s the shipping company? I wonder could it be due to the lowest cost of shipping Lumintop has found to solve previous high shipping cost issues. We should tell Lumintop to avoid using this very unacceptable shipping company.

Mine is Preregistered since 7th of february - no news at all,should i worry?

no, you shouldnt, because mine is since mid dec last year

Just wondering, are we still going to receive a PM for the 3rd round GB?

Yes, I’d expect it towards the end of this month or even early April. Things have been delayed by Chinese New Year. There’s also around 50 folk from the first round awaiting their light plus a few problem orders. These really need to be sorted before we can get to buy ours.

Thank you.

+1 …. Totally agree with what you say about tint Joey Adams. :wink:
It is a personal preference… no “right or wrong”.

Personally, I prefer something on the cooler end of NW. The Q8 just about nails it in fact. Maybe even a slight tad cooler. BUT not the harsh 6500k many people seem to always bring up when speaking of a cooler tint.

But again…. personal preference. No right or wrong in the tint game. Whatever floats ones boat…… :wink:

You have two Q8’s Joey?? Both of them ’in hand’ . :slight_smile:

The BLF GT Bag was Neal’s project from the start. He had them made to sell himself. Not sure who he had make them.

As far as the “”lawsuit”“…… that looks looks a bunch of BS from LEVI’s to me. There are several differences I see in the bags at first glance even.

Hopefully Neal will be able to sort it out soon.

Check post #1 of this thread every now and then. TA and myself try to keep it updated.

I keep thinking optimistically it will be soon, but it keeps getting pushed back further and further. We think the last 50 orders will go out this week, so I was thinking the PM’s might go out next week.

BUT, TA also wants any meased up shipments, missing shipments or damaged orders to get sorted out as well before sending out the PM’s. I have no idea how long that might take.

So I want to say “early” March, but it could definitely be later than that.

On the plus side, it gives Lumintop time to receive more reflectors and box up more lights. Then when they go on sale we might see 300 to 400 lights get shipped at once. Then we go back to about 150 per week.

No teacher one of them is still somewhere in TomE’s work area. 11-13-17 he pm’d me that the modifications were finished, and a success. I have not received a reply from him since. I have nearly lost hope of ever seeing it again. I hope he is ok, it’s been over a month since he has posted on blf. That means 16 weeks have passed since I got confirmation that my light was ready to go. No idea why it hasn’t been returned to me. I don’t know him personally but you can bet I will be more careful in the future responding to a pm with an offer to help, when I don’t personally know the person. I’m sure he just got busy or something medical even but a status report or reason for the delay would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I am not going to rush the next round of PM’s this time. Let them stock up on reflectors in the mean time and deal with the issues at hand before adding more order to deal with. I don’t want these orders and issues to get buried under a bunch of new orders.

Last I heard they are still on track for shipping out the lights this week (which generally means they actually go out on Monday if the past shipments are any indication).

Communication has been very slow since CNY. I don’t think they are back to 100% yet, as I expected, most places in china are not truly back up and running till mid march.

I got my tube a week ago. My head is handled by customs and I don’t know when I will get it. :frowning:

Wow Joey Adams, that is sad. I don’t even know what to say. :frowning:

115 days or 16.43 weeks & no response???..… :person_facepalming:

You didn’t send your only grenade pouch with it too did you??

I hope TomE has not died or something bad happened to him! He has always seemed like such a nice guy here on BLF, I do hope he is alright!!

Yea that’s my honest concern more than anything. The flashlight is just a thing and 100 percent replaceable.