People deleting their old comments -why?

I have now. ^ _ ^
Sad. And without another of her videos I’m free from the pain of burning eyes! I can actually hear the song!
Does she write her own songs though?

This version is better :slight_smile:

Guess what.

Chicken butt.

Some say that it’s useful and even healthy to have the ability to delete your own posts. I would agree. After all, who hasn’t said something to someone and later regretted it and wished it could be taken back? And in the magic world of BLF we can do that… Mostly. :slight_smile:

Some say that bizarre humour, witty repartee and the freedom to express it are a big part of what makes BLF so engaging and unique. I would agree wholeheartedly. Some of the best time I’ve had here has been spent enjoying the quick witted antics of my fellow BLFers. More than once it has brought me to tears. :smiley:

Others have argued that the person who is best known for deleting his posts is a respected member of the community and has contriubuted enough to it that we should chalk it up to his eccentricity and just enjoy it. :~

I have to admit that I think the on-going, systematic and deliberate deletion of your own posts is a childish form of attention seeking. I can’t think of any other reason for it. I doubt he has written offensive comments in all, or even a few, of his deleted posts. After the first few times the humour, if any, has worn off - a joke once heard is seldom funny the second time. So what is left then? Just the annoyance factor. :frowning:

Are they the same person? I was wondering why Dinoboy disappeared…
Gosh i missed him…
:stuck_out_tongue:

Are you kidding? :)

I created this thread the day you joined BLF:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/7478

Thanks for the link Racoon. I missed that one somehow.

I believed I missed that thread. Geez…

not know the reasons , maybe they have some special ideas ,or maybe warned by the forum ,maybe

Maybe they’re afraid that their “old” comments will be used as evidence against them.

J)

Well, I think Kreisler’s is a form of playful attention getting and not really a “troll”. Wikipedia (yeah I know not THE authority, but useful): troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

I dont agree with the “accidentally” part above…if its accidental, you arent really a troll either in my book.

To be able to delete your own posts is important, there are lots of reasons to do it, I’ve done it before too when what I said seems mean or suggests something I didnt intend sometimes. I dont see why everyone cant just delete their own stuff at will, but everyone who does should know the internet does have stores of whatever was posted of course and its not really a way to ensure privacy/make yourself more anonymous :wink: Plus yes, I bet the NSA does read and archive this (and its more legitimate than reading peoples emails).

Why do YOU delete your posts brosef ?

I appreciate that some delete their posts due to the possibility of commercial in confidence agreements or to sanitise their online footprint around the time they’re seeking employment as two other prospective factors.

Might explain the quote of her sleeping less than an hour a night !

I don’t know about her earlier material but her last two songs were written by various producers and songwriters which is not unusual. Although she is credited, We Can’t Stop was originally written for Rihanna.

Yet we like classic attention whorists around these waters.
Unfortunately, there are no classic posts of yours for us to whore you over :wink:

You asked:

(be sure to mouseover the smileys).

I am still not convinced they are the same person. I miss Dinoboy too.

Can’t turn your back on those evil smileys!

Yet Another Really Good Reason For The Delete Post Function…

(But I love it!!! Thank you again, Sun-god!!)
(PS: I adulterated your post in the quote. The new mouseout image is so big, there’s a point where the two flip from one to the other w/o moving the mouse. It only does that in a quote, at least in the Preview.

I promise to stop doing this now.)

If you look closely dino boy is actually a girl hence the bow in her hair ....

I think she got knocked up and is taking a small vacation ..