Pm"s

Just tried both of those & still do not have the box to type pm text in ?

Hi, could you please try a different browser? Thanks.

No joy either ?
It must be my laptop but seems strange that this is the only site affected & I hav n”t changed or altered anything.
BTW I can receive pm”s just not reply to them :person_facepalming:

Hi again, what browsers have you tried so far? Could you also please try to force-reload a failed PM page with Ctrl + F5 ?

I am using windows 10 with chrome & have tried IE & Firefox, neither of which will let me log into the site as they wont accept that my username is correct.

CTRL +F5 dosent change anything.

Hi, please continue to try using Firefox. Please make sure you are entering bella-headlight for the username, not your email address. If that still doesn’t work, then you are using the wrong password. In that case, please try the request a new password link.

I am not entering the password incorrectly or using the wrong password sb, chrome logs me on with bella-headlight as my username & my password fine ?

I imagine that Chrome is using your stored username and password. BLF works fine with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and pretty much anything else, so the login issues can’t be related to the browser. Please try to temporarily change your password to something simple and try again with Firefox. Thanks!

OK I have reset my password & logged in using IE & on IE I have my PM text box back but I still do not have it on chrome ?
I use chrome because it is the easiest browser to use to upload pictures on to my other forums & would like to continue using it for this forum.

I don’t blame you, I wouldn’t want to use IE either.

So it’s definitely an issue with your Chrome configuration and/or Windows 10. Please try to update Chrome. I’d also like to recommend that you do a complete wipe of your Chrome cookies and cache and active login sessions, but that might be a rather drastic measure.

Have you tried disabling all extensions/add-ons in Chrome?

Ah yes, that too, good tip.

I have already done a full system restore to before I had this problem & gone into chrome & “obliterated” my entire caches & login sessions.
This is really strange ?
I will see if there are any chrome updates available but as my laptop updates automatically I would imagine I am using the latest version.

Sorry I can’t be of more help. Did you try mapache’s suggestion too of disabling all Chrome extensions?

No I haven”t disabled chrome extensions but the only ones I am running are adblock & re-scroller, however I will disable them now & see what happens.

Right I have disabled adblock & got the pm text box back using chrome :+1:
Only problem is that some sites I am on are unusable without an adblocker which is why I had it installed :person_facepalming:

Whew, glad you figured out the source of the problem. My personal request would be for you to just disable the adblocker for BLF (usually by clicking the adblocker icon thingy and it changes to a different color) and leave it enabled for other sites. Also you might consider using uBlock, which is the best adblocker I’ve found.

White list BLF, that should fix the problem.

I am using uBlock origin (which is Adblock Pro) & Adblock.
Unfortunately it seems that the problem is Adblock not Adblock Pro.
I can disable Adblock Pro for individual sites such as this one but can”t see an option to do the same with Adblock & without Adblock my football (soccer) site is unusable due to the ads :person_facepalming: