Pm"s

Hmm, I don’t think uBlock Origin is the same as Adblock Pro. But there should be no need to use multiple ad blockers, as a matter of fact that will definitely cause more problems like the one you ran into here. I would recommend you disable all your ad blockers except uBlock Origin, and then enable some of the additional rule lists to uBlock Origin. If that still doesn’t get rid of the ads on your football site, then right-click on them and create a customized ad blocking rule, replace part of the file name with an asterisk so that it blocks all ads from that source.

Find out if it’s something in your Chrome .profile by creating a new one, and using it temporarily.
You won’t lose the old one.
It’s a standard way to debug: chrome windows create new profile? - Google Search

On my toolbar it is shown as uBlock Origin but when I go into chrome extensions it is called Adblock Pro.
Yes I have just been on my football site & individually blocked the ads via uBlock Origin.
The only problem is that the site is plagued with many new ads every few days (a problem with the web host not the site) & I will have to regularly block individual ads myself as they appear.
Adblock blocked them all automatically but it is Adblock that I have had to disable permanently to allow me to use chrome with this site.

My main browser is Chromium and I have Firefox and Chrome installed
In chromium I have flash disabled
Advertisements are no problem.
If I really need flash (very rare) I copy paste the link in Chrome.

The reason I have to use the Adblock & Adblock Pro extensions is that the hosting service my football forum is on allows lots of ads to fund it & there is no way my football forum can stop them themselves.
The ads cover threads, posts & buttons on the forum making it unusable without blocking the ads.
It is strange that the adblockers are suddenly causing me problems on this site though as they have been installed for years, well before I ever joined this site, & only started causing problems yesterday morning & only on this site ?

> It is strange

Google serves the ads
Google also serves the custom site search
Advertisers really, really, really wants to make sure you see all their advertising

The advertisers will continue to improve their access to you until the Internet is completely unusable.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Make sure you continue to have access to a Unix shell account and Usenet.
And don’t throw away your old acoustic modem.

We may be back to FidoNet in another few years.

Something at BLF did change — I’ve also had to recreate a handful of my uBlock filters for avatars and footer graphics that act like advertising (in being distracting repetition of stuff I don’t need to see)

No offense to those who like that sort of thing. I just need to be able to prevent it from bothering me, and I had it all taken care of.

Now it’s all taken care of yet again another time.

Meh I let ads play on here without ads we would have no blf…

Hmm, I honestly don’t know what could have changed. Possibly a uBlock update or an update to its list of pre-defined filters? I’m not doing anything to try to hinder ad blockers or force people to turn them off. Even the Google Search box that disappears with an ad blocker enabled is Google’s coding, which is out of my control.

No worry on my part, I make sure to click the ads whenever I do a search, which is often enough.
Not that I look at them.
Because my rule of thumb for advertising is, if it hasn’t been pushed in my face when I wasn’t looking for it, then I’ll consider buying it when I find it by searching for what I want.
But if I”m looking for something, and what turns up is something I”ve been having to ignore for a long while, I won’t touch it.

Bother me, annoy me, interrupt me, and I won’t buy your stuff. Simple rule.

This means by blocking ads, I protect myself as a possible buyer — because if I haven’t been annoyed by your product, I’m open to buying it when I find something I want.

Not that this convinces any advertisers, of course.

But it’s a darned good ethical reason for blocking ads.
I’m not letting advertisers rule themselves out of any chance I’ll later on buy from them, by keeping them from annoying me beforehand.

rant
Personally, my message to Google is — you hooked up to the Internet backwards.
Google, you should have put all your skill into improving descriptions of each product out there, so search will find the really good stuff when someone wants it.
Google, you should have put all your skill into improving search, so people get lots of help asking very good clear questions about what’s available to meet their needs

Search was a great idea.
If search helped me find what I want, it’d be working correctly.
When search helps spamvertisers find me to push what I’m not looking for, it’s broken.

/rant ……

Just disable flash and most annoying things one will not see and most dangerous stuff (mostly pit of control of site owners will also not be seen