[Poll] Convoy drivers with “reverse” or "backwards" select level (like BLF A6)

I love so much the reverse function in BLF X6/A6 driver I love to select previous level in my flashlight so I hope @Simon_Mao can implement this cool feature in some of your drivers
Thanks Simon in advance for all your work

An interface like Bistro UI (Thank you Toykeeper)

• Yes, I wish I could select reverse mode in all drivers
  • No, I want always the next level in all drivers
0 voters
3 Thanks

Doesn’t The Cometa do that with a longpress?

So that’d be… Bistro? Bisgotti? Bilbao Baggins? Something B-ish?

Imagine it might be a nice add-on, but dunno if I’d want it to be “mandatory”. Selective, maybe, like configging it to be L→H/H→L, mem on/off, etc.

2 Thanks

I prefer L→H, but if H→L is also available, that’s fine with me.
I voted for the first choice, but I’m kinda on the fence. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not in only one version, you can go L to H or viceversa with press and hold without click

I don’t know because I don’t have a Cometa

The Cometa used the BLF x6 driver

The idea is to use a Medium Press to go backwards, like the A6 Firmware.

A short press(tap) (<0.5s) goes forward to the next mode
A medium press (0.5s–1.5s) goes back to the previous mode

3 Thanks

I would prefer if it retains the 12 group biscotti mode selection instead of the 7/4 style of A6 firmware, so that the light can be programmed with more mode options.

1 Thank

I agree! I only mentioned the A6 Firmware because the OP used it as the example for the reverse feature.

I believe the OP is just trying to get Simon to add the reverse feature, not replace the firmware altogether.

1 Thank

I thought so too, but I just want to be very clear, after the mistake of building a driver with Anduril 1

3 Thanks

Thank you. This is the idea

1 Thank

But with 12 groups you can only go forward and no backward, so every time you need first or second level you have to cycle to the max output.

Not with my Cometa. That’s a 12-group.

Dunno from the Convoy driver, but if it’s the same UI…

Nice, so you have 12 groups and backward?

If you turn off memory holding a soft press takes you to the lowest level from any other level. But you gotta decide how much you want mode memory. Can’t have both.

If I could change one thing about the convoy UI it wouldn’t be this. I’d probably change the modes up, maybe add some kind of double click function. Idk. This wouldnt be high on the list for me. I can already go back to 1 with memory off, all this feature would really do for me is save 1 click when I go from a high mode to a medium mode

2 Thanks

Yeh, haven’t used it for a loooong while, but there was something I “had to” go backwards, think it was to hit the battcheck. Like click to max, then backward to check.

Might be misremembering, but it definitely had 12 groups, and backwards.

Group… 8?.. sounds familiar. Think that was 100% only.

I think you might be talking about what I described above. If you turn off memory a long press takes you to the first level in your group

Unno, I always keep memory on.

2 Thanks

Wait…I might have this backwards lmao

Ok, when mode memory is on, meaning it turns on in the last mode you were using, that’s when you can do the long press thing.

Bistro had the “medium press” thing and a bunch of mode groups and an option for memory. It was similar to the BLF-A6 interface, but much more configurable. In both cases, a short press went forward through modes, a medium press went backward, and a long press went back to the beginning of the sequence (unless memory was enabled).

Biscotti was a heavily trimmed down version of Bistro, with medium press removed since the driver lacked the necessary hardware, and other stuff removed to allow it to fit onto a smaller MCU.

4 Thanks