POLL: Yes or No, I want or do not want 26300/26350 Li-ion cells. Efest should decide by the end of April

04/22/16 - Supposedly, Efest will make a decision in a few days, if they are going to make a short 26650 cell. Their concern is low volume, resulting in too high of a cost, resulting in even lower volume. The spiraling circle. If they do decide, I will let you know and I will arrange a GB for the cells, as well as some testing of them.

Thanks,

Justin

Cool beans, it might take awhile for the word to get around.

I hope they do atleast one batch.
I would definitely get 4 pieces to put in a dual cell L2 with an buck driver and XHP35 HI. Should make a fun light.

As O-L mentioned above, this would not be a one-batch run. Because of the required investment, they will either make it a regular product or won’t make them at all. If anybody is on the fence or thinking only that they don’t have a use for them today, I’d urge you to think further down the line. With the Vf going up on Cree emitters and now having another line of ~6V and ~12V emitters (XHP Series) you may eventually need a minimum of two cells in all your flashlights. Efest is taking a small step here that may turn out very well for them and help us too. But, we need to let them know that we will buy the cell if they will make it. Maybe you don’t need it today. But, you may need it next week, next month, or next year. But if you don’t speak up for it now, it might not be there when you do need it.

Yes, it would have to be added to their list of cells and that would mean regular runs of thousands and desire from sellers, to carry it. I do not know if it will ever happen, but one can hope, for the Flashlight and the Vaping communities.

Interesting, just ordered a warm white XHP50 for my little 1-2S 26650s bludgeon and, since from now on it will be impossible to use it without the extension tube because of buck driver reason, this could be another option. :slight_smile:

Now that I’m chiming in:

• Any reason as to why 26650s are relatively under-developed? The ∅26mm footprint is more than twice the section compared to ∅18mm. Where are those for real 6200mAh 40A continuous 26650 HG4s/60Qs? Flat-tops only please, I already have a nice pack of ∅8×1’5mm neodymium magnets, and I’m pretty sure the way they’re attaching those LB tops hinders the overall battery resistance (detached ’em from my King Kongs); we would be at 0’01Ω true internal resistance league here.
  • 26320’s please, 2S 26320s would measure 65-66mm unprotected and magnet joined and maybe 69-70mm with both cells protected: that’s enough.

Hope some nice in-charge Efest smartasses read this. LOL!

Cheers up

Have no plans in getting flashlights using 26300/26350.

Put me down for the one’s BLightSam is turning down, I’ll use em! :slight_smile:

Still haven't heard a reply. I guess they aren't all that interested, or they would give a real answer.

I would buy some…

Was IMR the specified chemistry? IMR is a must.

With the new XHP70 LED, I can easily see the 2x26350 set-up as a good thing. It should outperform the 2x18350 for sure.

Old Lumens, thanks for doing this poll. Don’t know if it will succeed but thank you nonetheless.

The CPF poll results are telling: There are many more no’s than yes’. I assume this means more CPF dudes and gals aren’t as interested in modding budget lights because they’ve got the $$$ to purchase ready-made lights like the newly released high-end $120+ 1x26650 XHP Olights. Problem solved.

I would love to have a XHP70 light that was pocketable. That’s why I voted yes.

OL, if you built a light that could use the 26330 and did a review over “there” ,
then they may understand how good the new battery would be.

yes

I found this months old thread very interesting.

Last December, I purchased 8 - 26350 batteries from BG before I had or even knew that there was a flashlight out there that could use it. It cost just below $5 for each of them.
On top of that, I have never modded a single flashlight although I seem to be pretty good at killing them.

Now I am a proud owner of two BTU PK26.
Perhaps it is the only flashlight currently that can use either a 26650 or a 26350.
I love this stubby light. It has a long run time, high output of 2000 lumens and it fits in my pocket.

I found that FT has the 26350 for sale. However, most of the shipping methods are not able for battery.
I really like to buy some more of them. :frowning:

Yes, those are great batteries, with good capacity and current capability for the size. I still have 4 of them waiting for a cool modded light to use them in.

Sounds great! I would be in for some of those cells.

I recently used these to build 2 XHP35 based lights.

the first is a 1504 and the other is an L2. Works great in both of them.