Possibly good deal on black Trustfire 18650

Wiiiee! Even better deal then : ) Now lets just hope that they are all from a good batch.

Theese from DX and theese from Ebay are obviously not the same. The Ebay ones has flames after the word TrustFire, the other has not. Also there are no recess (from the prot. board) at the bottom of the Ebay ones.

I ordered two pairs before I saw that.

Yes I compared my two 18650 from DX to the ebay ones..... and mine are the same than DX ones.

Also the 14500 from DX are exactly the same as the 18650 DX ones.

Very good shight!

Unless they have changed the desing of the label (I beleive that not changed), they are not the same.

It also seems as if the logo text isn't done with metallic color on the ebay ones, but that could just be the photo. Well, we'll see it when they arrive.

If they turn out to be fakes we should open a paypal dispute stating the product is fake (it's an option to chose). I think that's better than using the generic "product differs from description".

Damn good point ..

I just noticed that paypal says my address is unconfirmed ..hmmm what's that about .. no reason for it whatso ever till you look at what it really means ..Pay pal says oh hey by the by ..if your adress s unconfirmed you're not under our protection services ..Same old song and dance ...you pay us ..we offer zero service ..we take your money and advertise more services to you ..whee..!! ....ain't life grand

sh... its not very significant difference, but now i guess they are fake :(

Fake or not, I suspect they'll prove to be quite good for $2 ea. If not... paypal protection. If paypal screws me AGAIN... I'll chargeback through my credit card AGAIN. OR - maybe I'll just throw them in the fire (all 10 of them at once) the next time I go camping and then run like hell. LOL! Its amazing what a 16340 does so I cant imagine what an 18650 would do.... X10. Redneck BBQ! More fun than a keg full of gunpowder going off inside the pickup truck. Sealed

If those turns out ok then great. If not i guess they are a bit expensive firecrackers.

That's perfect because New Years is right around the corner. Wink

I'm going to light all 10 of these fake batteries with my 1.6W blue laser :)

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!! 1600mW laser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup! Here's what it looks like at night. The 445nm blue is 1.6W and the 532nm green is 450mW.

You can burn a house with it? Point it to a plastic alcohol bottle and.............................. FIRE!!!!

Yes or not? if a 200mW laser can burn matches, a 1600mW can do inimaginable things!!

The 1.6W can burn everything.

• Lights matches from 25 feet away.
  • Cuts through electrical tape instantly.
  • Puts a hole through a CD case in less than 1 second.
  • Lights any color paper on fire.
  • Engrave your name in wood.
  • Burns any type of plastic.
  • Good for frying annoying and dangerous insects (spiders, roaches) in my garage.
  • I haven't tried lighting alcohol but it makes soy sauce boil :)

How much did it cost? 100 $?

I have 3 of the 1.6W in different hosts. Cost was $200 each.

Oh no! I will have to center into flashlights because my wallet will not be able to suffer this.............

Jeez... a 1,6W laser... anyway we should concentrate on a paypal dispute in case the trustfires are fake of all fakes. Let's not promote shady business as we might get filled with all the junk in the world if it turns profitable to sellers. If they have to refund 3/4 of sold merchandise they will surely be more cautious in the future and probably don't try to be "funny" again.

Let's not assemble a lynch mob before there is any hard evidence. AFAIK, no one has actually received any batteries, so there is no way of telling whether these are fake or not. If they really are different from the ones we know, we'd have to check with TrustFire to see if they made any changes to the product's design. And only after getting confirmation that these are fakes, it's time to grab the pitchforks and torches (the flaming kind). Let's not get into a frenzy over something that's not been proven yet.

Darn you Medieval!! Now I want one too! I've deliberately ignored lasers because they look so cool... especially the green one. I have this puny little one that I power with an 18650 and it easily puts a dot on a telephone pole 300 yards away while in the city lights. I can only imagine what a high powered one would do. Can you please comment on the advantages/disadvantages of the different colors of lasers, total continuous run time, power levels, heat sinking, cost, power requirements and options and where to get modules to easily assemble one? The US wont allow high powered hand held lasers through customs but will allow a separate host and separate emitter engine to be shipped and assembled by the user. I was thinking about something like this and this but would want better heat sinking and runtime.

If you would like to start a new thread, I'm sure there are many others that would value your opinions and comments.