Possibly good deal on black Trustfire 18650

I've four of them coming - and given the postal mess in the UK and HK probably everyone else will get theirs first. I'm reserving judgement till they arrive.

Anyone thinking of firecrackering them remember that burning lithium ion cells emit quit a lot of hydrogen fluoride, which becomes hydrofluoric acid in your lungs. Or anyone else's.

Make sure there is nothing downwind for a considerable distance and best kill them in the rain. When the wind isn't about to change direction.

http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/2004/03/03/things_i_wont_touch_1.php

Seriously, don't mess with anything that can emit HF - it loves fatally messing with you.

http://www.mnpoison.org/index.asp?pageID=151

I could give the Medline links but the one I have access to is behind a very high and thick paywall.

I always kept my one on this laser:

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/200mw-flashlightstyle-focusable-green-laser-pen-key-lock-18650-p-2476

Reasonably priced, battery type i like, keylock, focusable... 200mW...

I've never seen the point of high powered hand held lasers myself - remember that you only get one set of eyes...

yea. really bad for the eyes....

anyone get their batteries yet?

I saw midieval's laser picture and I said "oooooooh I want one!". Then I saw the $200 price tag and I said "ouch I guess it's not THAT important." Laughing

Imagine what can be done with the 1 megaWatt laser which USA had during the cold war (MIRACL)..................

As a pilot, Ive always marveled at this little toy.

More photos here.

Im still waiting on my 18650's... probably another month before I see them.

Always wear laser goggles when operating high powered lasers! Your eyes will appreciate it.

I'm from the USA too. Although they don't allow high powered lasers into the states, I've received them with no problems.

I bought all 3 of the 445nm on laserpointerforums from members there that custom build these lasers. I don't have the skills to build one myself lol. 445nm is widespread now because people found out how to dismantle the diodes from Casio projectors.

Here are the 3 units I have of 445nm:

The first 2 units offer continuous duty cycle. The 3rd unit gets pretty warm after 2-3 minutes.

My 450mW 532nm laser is from O-like. Green is more expensive than blue per $/mW. Green is more visible to the eye than blue even with its lower mW rating.

http://www.o-like.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=80

This one has a duty cycle of 100 seconds on, 60 seconds off.

I also have a 300mW 650mW (red) laser but the beam is not as visible as green or blue. It burns well though.

I have a bunch of the pen-style laser pointers but those are bad quality.

I don't think that's really 200mW. $20 is just too cheap for that kind of power. I have a laser power meter and I know the true output of all my lasers.

Can you see the beam in a well lit room?

Nope i can't. Maybe i could if i find a reason to justify the purchase. :)

If there were no safety concerns i would already have bought one. I can play safely (quality goggles mandatory) with, but i don't trust others get hands on it, especially when i'm not around.

For my cat a 1mW is nice enough, even at that power level i never shine it on my cat eyes or head.

I've just received my 4 (2 packs of 2), shipping was pretty fast for this time of the year. Just over one week,shipped on 9/12 received today 17/12 in Portugal.

They seem to be originals, compared to my trustfires 14500, I see no differences apart from size. (EDIT: I have seen them now)

The downside is that they are not protected, (I am new to this, but I cant see the circuit board at the bottom), and the label does not mention the protection anywhere, in contrast to the trustfires 14500 that I bought from DX.

Here are a couple of pics:

Compared to a generic unprotected a protected ultrafire:

These ones are definitely unprotected.

Anyone care to contact the seller about "item not as described"?

The seller doesn't even know what he is selling ^^ So it doesn't make any sense to contact him. Would be pretty cool if anyone is willing to test the capacity. Sanyo 2600mAh (unprotected) are only 4.5€ each, so I don't see the reason to buy any fake cells.

Well, i went for the protected factor not hoping for true 2400mAh but would be nice on top. I learned to live with unprotected long ago but i feel better with protected when lending a torch to not so experts.

That doesn't make any sense. The item title said "protec" which makes it sound like they are protected (not sure how you can be so sure they aren't protected from the picture). If they aren't protected, then you can certainly contact the seller and eBay will make sure you have done that before filing a dispute. So whether the seller knows what he is selling or not, you still have to try to work it out with him beforehand.

I imagine what I'll do is try to do a comparison runtime test and if they have the same capacity as my true Trustfires, then I'll probably keep them (I only bought 2). Is there a safe way to test whether they have protection and if it is working? I've had li-ion cells for a year and I don't think the protection has ever tripped on one of my batteries, so I don't know if protection is everything it is cracked up to be.

My true Trustfires say:

"High capacity without memory effect. Precise digital protection circuit built-in"

along one side just under the red stripe that says Rechargeable Battery 2400mAh

http://www.die-online-boutique.de/privat/un-protected-1.jpg

http://www.die-online-boutique.de/privat/un-protected.jpg

There is no protectection circuit for sure (100%)

EDIT: If you want to know whether yours are protected -> post some pictures and I'll tell you ^^

Upon closer inspection and comparing them to my 14500s and photos from DX, I think that these are really fakes

1) The logo is chrome but without the hologram

2) The flame is red and golden, in the DX ones the flame is red,yellow and white

3) They are not protected

4) "High capacity without memory effect. Precise digital protection circuit built-in" not printed in the label, (this is printed on the 14500s)

Unless Trustfire also produces unprotected with this different wrapping, these are copies.

If any of you have the originals please compare the above points.

My camera is without battery at the moment so I cant take any macro pictures now.

I own the real ones from dx ... will post some pictures later

Oh well, if they don't have that hologramic logo it's obvious these are fakes for sure.

I will also test the capacity and open a dispute if its below ~2200mAh.