Potential deal at tMart - you can vote

The C8 comes with strobe mode, so if you don't want that, you will end up buying a new driver anyway. Then if you have a neutral XM-L or U2 lying around that needs a home, this starts looking like a pretty good deal, only a few dollars more than an empty P60 host. Tempting for me because I have the upgrades already.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. I do get a Q5 emitter and driver afterwards but what would I put them in? Anything I have already has one or has been upgraded already to an XM-L. Then again, I was bummed the last time I missed out on this deal. At least it’s not a P60 host. Aside from 501A models I’m pretty much done with them. It’s either bigger ones like this light or smaller pocket rockets. sigh

If they did a deal on a TR-801 or TR-803 I'd be all over it like white on rice!

I have upgraded mine with a nw XP-G R4 and 4x7135 driver from KD. It's a very easy mod since you don't need to solder the driver to the pill. Still a very good thrower with the XP-G, less tight compared with the XR-E and some artifacts in the spill but more light altogether and a nice corona. Will order one more as a host for a homeless XM-L.

As JohnnyMac said, mod to XM-L and you get a spare emitter and driver. Besides, you get to choose what driver you put in your C8.

I switched my KD C8 to a Nanj AK105C almost right after I got it. I do admit the original driver isn't bad. But, the Nanj AK105C is certainly superior.

Of course, this is all assuming they're still shipping the C8 and not the G4....

I don't want to miss out again so I just ordered one for $11 bucks same price as the C2 host I got from DX that the protected batteries don't fit in. Hopefully I receive the C8 like every one else and I can pop in an XML with a 105c driver and be good to go. Thanks for the heads up on another great deal.

I hope you get the C8 too :)

Post if you do get it.

I may just order another to gift away

Lol, I got one but with my luck it's all going be purple aaa lights instead.

I ordered one, hoping for a C8, therefore it will definitely be something else.

What’s the difference between the G4 and C8? I’m really falling behind on all of these lights.

There is no differrence in looks but the quality may be better.

I was wondering that, too. I think the C8 has a little bigger and deeper reflector (if you believe the DX specs).

The G4 driver can goes up 8.4v.

Is anyone going to test it?

Even if you end up with a G4 it's still half the price that DX is asking for a G4 and quite the bargain...if you are happy with a G4. I really don't want a G4 and am hoping for a C8. Since I don't have a G4 size light it wouldn't be a total loss, I suppose.

The C8 reflector (same as in the F15) is 41.6mm in diameter and the G4 is roughly 34mm in diameter. The G4 is pretty much right in the middle, size wise, between a C8/F15 and a standard P60 light.

The G4 driver goes up to 8.4v

Is anyone going to test it, when they get it?

FYI. Reflector for C8 (from Manafont) fits perfectly in G4 from Tmart. The body is almost the same as C8, maybe little shorter, but I don't have C8 to compare.

G4 has a smaller head (36.5mm reported by some dealers) which puts it between a C8 (45mm) and a P60 (33mm). I didn't get this deal the first time because the G4 didn't seem like it was that much bigger than a P60 light, but some people said they got C8's from T-mart.

Well, Tmart's description says the head is 45mm (1.77"). So who knows? I'd like to get a 45mm light.

The G4 I got from tmart has 44.5 mm outer head diameter, bezel opening is 38 mm.

@how2 Don't think the driver is suited for 8.4 V. I tried 2 x CR123A briefly and the output was dimmer than with 1 x 18650. And there is nothing on the driver board indicating it is bucking.

edit: picture uploaded

tmart G4 original driver

Brted your right on the size

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-g4-mcu-cree-q5-wc-3-mode-230-lumen-led-flashlight-black-1-18650-2-cr123a-16843

Dx has the specs and size they say it can take up to 8.4v

One more clone here and better deal too.

Hey Huny, is that your cat in the pic?

That's not my dog, nor me I guess. :)