Potential deal at tMart - you can vote

I ordered a couple.....So we can all expect more ultra violet lights .

ultra violet makes me wanna get ultra violent

JAS: Nice find. Never heard of Lanshi before, but the body is probably identical with all the other C8s (battery tube thickness and thread length visually seems to be the same as in my tmart's "G4"). A good host including a demo LED + driver I'd say ;)

agenthex: Yes, her name is Wienzi (would be funny to hear how you pronounce that in english) and she dozed off in front of the tv a few years ago in that position. Bigger picture here. I wear glasses, too, but I doubt they make me look as smart as your dog. :glasses:

Lanshi is an extreme low budget brand afaik. It's only 1-mode and you might end up with a plastic lens and plastic reflector.

I got the C8 today, great deal for $11 bucks. I have to put the XML and the Nanjg 105 in it and I will be super happy. Total cost will be $23 bucks so I didn't really save anything from buying the KD-C8.

Not sure what I'll be doing with mine, yet. I'm sure it'll be a C8 even if it was labeled G4. But, if the KD C8 came with an spare Q5 and driver along with with a "whiter" XM-L and the 105 driver, I would buy it again. right. now.

Is it the same one as in the pics?

Today I've got KD C8 and did some comparative pictures along with G4-MCU from Tmart. I've got G4 from first daily deal.

G4 pulls max. 1.8A (after 10 seconds) from fully charged "trustflames". Not so bad. I need to measure how much led is getting. If there is not much loses I might left driver as is and change only to XM-L.

Pictures shows KD C8 on left side and G4 on right. All main parts including reflectors are interchangeable.

Few more pictures can be seen at: https://picasaweb.google.com/mojmailbox/KDC8AndTmartG4MCU#

Mine is almost identical to the KD C8. Only difference is the tailcap. The g4 tailcap is a few mm longer allowing it to tailstand. I actually swapped mine over.

The tail cap is also different on my T-mart C8 from the KD C8, also the pill on the T-Mart C-8 is junk compared to the pill on the KD-C8 and the DX-C2 also. I will post some pictures later but they really cheaped out on the pill I am not even sure I want to do an XML swap now.

The pill is actually made of plastic what a piece of junk I can't do anything with this pill and to top it off the head is not fully machined to allow a regular C-8 pill to fit in, nice job T-Mart.

KD C-8 pill on left T-Mart C-8 pill on right.

K-D C-8 head on left C-8 T-Mart on right

I had a feeling as soon as Boaz tried to get in on this deal I was going to get screwed.

I just had a better look at mine, its the same, plastic pill too I think. damn!

You might want to take your clicky switch apart to, because there is no way you can push 3 amps through this one it is straight out of an X2000 like the pill.

I just switched it back!

The G4 I got from the first daily deal came with a nice aluminium pill and was shipped from China.

edc: Where did you get yours from?

I got mine from China. I'm not sure if the pill is plastic or alloy. I know there are plastics that look / feel like alloy. Seems to be alloy but it is very light. looks like e1320's

Looks like a simple direct drive xr-e. That pill also looks like cheapo alum to me. Kind of what to expect for that price.

Given that I run my flashlights for about a minute at time, I don't think heatsinking matters much. Not when I can bring along 10 of them. :D

Now, do we talking about G4 or C8 from Tmart? It seems to me we have different items. Did we all order G4 and some of you got C8 or some of you actualy ordered and got C8?

I've ordered and got G4 which you can see on photos above. Quality is on par with KD C8, but I haven't compared pills yet. Opened G4 pill and it's not that bad - sufficient for XR-E with thermal paste in place, plenty room for driver.

The "C8" shipped from the US seems to be junk. I haven't received mine yet. If it is like the one above, it will likely go flying into the trash can in no time. Best to forget bad purchases. The emitter probably is a P4 or a P2 anyway. LOL

Hmm. My first G4 had a nice alu pill similar to the left one in E1320's pic in post #68. XR-E sat on a round pcb on thermal paste. All in all I like it.

I just hope I'll get the same light again as before.

It does not speak on behalf of tmart that they send out different products under the same sku (happens everywhere now and then but here it seems to be systematic).

Made some pictures of KD C8 (left side) and Tmart G4 (right side) with it's driver in macro. Pills are very similar. G4 even little better and simplier to change the driver. No soldering to pill needed. Current to the XR-E led was measured at 1.25A max. with trustflame

G4 driver

More can be seen from https://picasaweb.google.com/mojmailbox/KDC8AndTmartG4MCU#5618096725743175330 onwards

ledoman: I got exactly the same.

Holding my fingers crossed!