Potential deal at tMart - you can vote

Ledoman

People in the US that ordered the G4 received the C8 knockoff. I am currently trying to get T-mart to take this piece of junk back and send me the G4 that I ordered and paid for. I honestly would not have minded if they sent me a real C8 but this thing is a poor quality knock off at best. Without the head being milled to accept a proper C8 pill it is pretty much useless to me. Hopefully Tmart will either refund my money or send me a G4.

That G4 pill is by far the best designed budget light pill I have seen to date.

I will be doing the same. E, does yours have “Ultrafire” printed on it like in the pics of their site? I can’t recall for sure but I don’t think mine does.

Mine says Ultrafire C8 on one side and Cree Q5 on the other.

I will know for sure in a few hours. Wish I’d have paid better attention last night. Let me know what they say when you contact them.

I just got done with a live chat with Tmart. They really are great to deal with. I asked for a refund since I would likely just get another lousy C8 if I went with an exchange. They gave me an RMA# and are sending me a return mailing slip so it costs me nothing to ship it back to them. Shipping it back to Brooklyn, NY.

The pill in this C* I got from them is aluminum and not plastic but is still useless as there is no metal under the emitter plate. It just sits on a small rim in the pill just like drivers do. Worthless shame, it is...I still would not hesitate to buy form them again when the opportunity arises as their service is above reproach and delivery is ridiculously quick!

So far I have done a live chat, e-mailed them some pictures got a return e-mail for more pictures e-mailed them more pictures and now I am still waiting. I wish i got as lucky as you did. Let us know how long it takes them to credit your account.

Well it is junk and I'm pretty sad. So much for a daily deal. Here are a couple of pictures of the pill in mine. I don't think that it is even resonable to modify. The electrical connection between the pill and the circuit board is made with a punch and not soilder. Just look. How could you even swap it out.Pill

Here are some other views.

c8 pill

c8 pill I can't afford to send it into the trash can so it looks like I'll try doing what some others have done and correspond with tmart and try to send it back. By the way the glass rattles around and the only way I see to solve the problem is to put a big O-Ring in there to take up the slack. Cry

All of my C8s and C2s rattle, you need to put the head together and then remove the battery tube and loosen the pill until it tightens the reflector against the glass. Unfortunately you have the same crappy pill that i got, so the loose reflector is the least of your worries. I am still trying to get Tmart to take my light back they are giving me a hard time for some reason I hope you have better luck.

I got that same light from the Tmart deal. Probably not so great a light to mod but as it stands its a pretty good $11 flashlight.

Thanks for the advice.That's one of the things that I figured out to try. The only thing is by the time it doesn't rattle the pill falls out or it's so loose the light doesn't work propperly. Yea, my main concern now is to try to get tmart to let me mail it back. They seem to be closed for the day and I'll try again tomorrow morning. This is the message I got in the email:

Wed 6/15/2011 5:03 PM

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

service@tmart.com

No Such User Here

So Tmart wants me to pay shipping for there bait and switch scam gone bad.

"Dear Erik,

For your questions,we need to confirm with our sales department first,
Below is the name and address for return guidance,pls send the item back via cheapest shipping method,and we are not responsible for return shipping cost as our return policy(hope you can value it,since it have been noted before purchase):
http://www.tmart.com/HelpCenter/Return-Policy.html

Shipping Dept
Yall Inc.
726 64TH ST
BROOKLYN NY 11220-4714
United States

Don't forget to write the following number on your return package:
Your RMA#: HF1106150392
it would be appreciated if you can inform us the tracking# once you send the item back.

(and pls let me know after you return it do you want refund or replacement?)
Warmest Regards,
Tmart.com Customer Service
Violet"

I would concur. This light really isn't that bad if you weren't expecting to mod it, not like the kinda crappy 502b. With the same rubber switch button, I suspect it's from the same fake Ultrafire place which made that one, but quality in general is better.

However, there is one mistake they made in the construction. The disk around the emitter needs to be thicker, instead of paper thin. This is why the lens is loose above. If you "fix" it by screwing the pill up into the body against the reflector, not only is it kinda ghetto, but the focus of the reflector is wrong.

To fix this that, I cut out some electrical tape to make the disk thicker (you can also place on the reflector side and cut out the hole), and perfect focus now. I get 1A on fresh batteries and I suspect direct drive, so too not bad at all.

The 3 modes though are ridiculously close: 100/50/25%.

I don't mind a 50% mode if high is overdriven like 1.5A or something, but mine isn't and lol on 25%.

I also noticed that the bezel is exactly the same as the one on my MRV. So if I put them head against head, they mesh and "mate" together, lol.

Order List
View Detail
  • Date
  • Order Number
  • Total
  • Order Status
  • 06/15/2011
  • #######
  • $13.36
  • Can't exchange
  • 06/10/2011
  • #######
  • $23.75
  • Can't exchange
  • 05/26/2011
  • #######
  • $10.98
  • Can't exchange

I had to go back in and change the numbers to ###### because the links were still active and you could log into my account. The formatting is messed up from cut and paste but why do they say "can't exchange"? Is it a foregone conclusion that you are not going to be able to exchange any item that you recieve? I'm trying to have a live chat with them but when I'm online they seem to be off line. I guess the person on the chat line is in China and not New York.

Who did you deal with at Tmart live chat. I'm afraid that our little chat is way too slow. Way over an hour and no headway at all.

The lady I worked with was “Sharon”.

I'm on live chat with Sharon now and It's been over an hour. What's your secret? Did it take you that long and what did you say to get a favorable response out of her. Others on the form haven't been so successful.

Here is our chat so far:

Sharon: Hi!
Sharon: What can i do for you ?
Robert : Hi
Robert : I ordered a UltraFire G4-MCU flashlight and I recieved a crummy ultrafire c8 flashlight. I would like to know about returning it for a refund or credit.
Sharon: What's your order# pls ?
Robert : It's order #Order Number: 21144133
Robert : Hello are you there?
Robert : pls respond
Robert : Hello are you there?

There was a pretty lengthy pause from her while she pulled up the information. She should be back.