Pre-order--BTU. Shocker 3xCREE XM-L U2 3x18650 Super Thrower Flashlight

Who is BTU? What else do they have out?

This is a rather silly question. That’s like asking who is Fenix? Can you produce an answer that’s not ‘a Flashlight manufacturer’? Because that’s what BTU is. The shocker is their first product, but I guess we’ll have to see what their lights are like. I’m definitely looking forward to receiving mine.

That is all people were asking. At least I was. I have not heard of them before. Good luck with your purchase!

What I am saying is they have no reputation and no clue who the maker is, Fenix on the other hand is great to deal with and a great rep

nobody has

So who is Fenix made by?

Actually I will eat my words BTU actually has a website

Actually, I wouldn’t eat my words just yet. Take a look at this…

That’s pretty interesting

Wow. Ric sure does get around. Take a look… What a maze. We’ll never figure out who makes what for whom!

I don’t really care, but it is interesting. I’ll wait for the reviews before I invest in the BTU…

hmm so I guess its his company he started and hes prob got another oem company making the lights, similar to K3 Illuminations and Supbeam. I agree though just wait and see how this light turns out, at the current price I would just go with the tk75

Apex, K3 Illuminations, BTU…. which is it?

I think for around the same price I'd get a Fenix instead. Until his lights have a reputation and the warranty and reliability are just as good, he should start out closer to $100. The simple fact is his lights are unproven and pricing them about the same as established top brand lights right out of the gate is a mistake that will hurt him. I know Ric is ambitious and he wants to start making big bucks right away but he will make more money by selling more lights at a lower profit then a few lights at a higher profit. Once the BTU brand is synonymous with quality the way a "Fenix" brand is he can start charging premium prices.

I would also prefer if he drummed up more interest by getting more pics out! Does it use a batt carrier? Who knows?!

To be fair, this is a niche light and expecting low low prices isn’t reasonable. A thrunite TN30 is 150 when heavily discounted and this seems better albeit no warranty.

I doubt it will have good battery carrier like Fenix does. Let’s see. It will incur more cost to build battery carrier. To me, TK75 is a much better value.

**ric needs to advertise better with more pictures….
if she was holding a BTU most of us would have ordered one by now lolzzz :heart_eyes:

RiC please be sure to let us know when you ship these out… anxiously awaiting this light :slight_smile:

Same here !!

Hey Ric, any update? Have they shipped yet? I’m really looking forward to getting my BTU Shocker.