Pre Order your 16mm sinkpads

you sent me this on the 19th>
“well Howard if you can be nice about it and send me your address ill have them out and keep an eye out please”
I sent you my address again, and asked you to please respond after mailing it out. no response!
have you sent this yet? this is going on two months.
H.

Mine never turned up either, I got on board with this GB at CPF.
Fortunately I filed a claim on the last day that i could, which has now gone through.
No response from the seller through out the whole ordeal which really sucks.
At least i was able to get a refund through pp, but, this has put me 2 months behind on a custom build.
Never had to make a claim against anyone on a forum before, very sad.
I feel sorry for anyone still waiting.

nitro did not even respond to the PP claim??? Has anyone heard from nitro recently? Any contact at all?
Edit: BLF says he was last seen 5 days ago…

Nope, no response.

What’s the difference between this and Noctigon XM16? :beer:

Noctigons have a slight edge because Sinkpads have a raised center.

More info/review here: INTL-OUTDOOR Direct-Thermal Copper MCPCB Review

:slight_smile:

WOW! still nothing from Nitro……
I guess I should have filed a claim.

I'm beginning to SERIOUSLY regret having played any part in Nitro's design/group-buy. I'm really disappointed in the way the whole thing was handled.

My condolences to anyone who got a shitty end of a short stick on this deal..

And I'm disappointed in Sinkpad's QC on these. If they were all the same it wouldn't be so bad, but each one is like a beautiful unique snowflake... depending on where it was on the sheet, some are perfectly centered, and others are way WAY off. It's almost like they got the scaling wrong between the different layers somewhere in the process. |(

PPtk, nitro’s absence from his responsibility in managing this GB in no way reflects on you. You did a great job with the PCB design, and SinkPAD managed to use it and make workable boards.
Since no one has heard anything from nitro in a while, it is hard to say what is going on with him. I will say that this is no way to run a group buy. While most of us got our boards, there is some important cleanup to be done here. It does not look good.

DragonHead, had I spotted your post before mailing your 16x7135 boards, I would have dropped a sinkPAD in the envelope so you would have at least one :frowning:

Relic, I’ve offered to send D replacements since I’m in Calif and shipping would be less. We were just giving Nitro some time but the glass is running out. I would expect to hear from Dragonhead this week if he wants them.

RBD, that’s cool. I looked back, and DragonHead did get his first order, so he has some anyway, better than none.
I would really like to hear from nitro, to try to understand why he worked so hard on this only to have it go sour over just a few orders. Sad really.

So I finally got my Sinkpads a couple of days ago, but I received 35 XML boards instead of the 20 XML and 15 XPG I ordered. At this point, I don’t really care anymore, I’m just glad I got something.
What’s surprising is that according to the posting label, it actually only took 7 days to reach me (June 20-27)… :~

i hope i’m wrong but i suspect nitro got in over his head and will never talk to us again and move on to another group where he will rinse and repeat

Probably true, that is what he did over at LPF...

Probably true, that is what he did over at LPF...

I believe in redemption & “no man left behind.”
We’ve all been through tough times.
I hope Nitro stay’s on this forum once the smoke clears.

Hi guys, I haven’t been posting here or even following the thread for a while. I live in Panama and before I placed my order I asked nitro if he could send the sinkpads through a company that would then bring them by plane to Panama, which is what he did.
since the moment I thought of buying the sinkkpads I had suspected a posibility of the sinkpads getting lost during shipping so I was prepared to get nothing, but some days ago this company emaild me, they said a package for me had arrived to the US addres without any notice and this many months later I didn’t think they where the sinkpads anyway when the package got here it had no sender and it was at the name of TILLO instead of my name, then I knew the sinkpads where in and indeed they where, I don’t think nitro has no reason to avoid us he never ment us any harm and maybe more packages could appear with some more time.