[Preview] EDC18 by Lumintop - FIRST LOOK of a Anduril sideswitch EDC flashlight

So if I understand correctly, if I buy a turbo glow gasket, I need to also buy a seperate lense for the EDC18? If so, what thickness should I pick? Or is it just a matter of removing the bezel and inserting the gasket in between?

If you just want to put in the glow gasket then you don’t need anything else. You take out the optic then the glow gasket goes in between the optic and leds, same as the FW3A. Only if you want to switch optics then you’ll need to get the glass too.

Oh great. One more thing, I managed to take out the optic, and o-ring fell out. Does it go between the LED and optics (more likely), or between optics and steel bezel?

i’m curious, people bill this light as a side switched FW3A…In this configuration, is it going to be a little less prone to …wonkiness?
so to speak?

Should be. The double tube construction for the tailcap switch in the FW3A has been finicky. A standard side switch is actually wired and should be more reliable.

If you were to buy one for the first time, would you go with this or the fw3a?

For a newbie such as me - what do I order to get one set up like that?

Had the light for 10 days now, i have changed floors, ceilings thermal calibration, checked out the aduril ui fully, ran it flat out and left the bunny glowing since i got it. No glitches, great light works perfectly and just as reliable as my collection of emisar D4 V1,s .

Agree. Have not touched the FW3’s since this arrived. But the FW3Ti/Cu will get a lot of use along with this light.

You can order the parts from Neal.
Install is easy.

Which switch type do you prefer?

Really liked the light.The highlight difference is the side switch with backlit green bunny.

Was curious to see the standby drain and found it to be very low at 111.2micro ampere .

Size is similar to fw3a,will do a complete review later this week.

In my initial observation the tailcap magnet feels little weak for the purpose.

I just ordered one, but am still a newbie with batteries. Any recommendations? I know it only takes unprotected and needs high drain. Thanks!

I like the 35E/36G or GA for a light like this. Good for short bursts of max/turbo (10A+), has the max capacity in the 18650 size, still can produce high output, but great for low to mid level usage

Or the 30Q or VTC6 for all around hi output and performance (30Q can be gotten fairly easy and cheap), or the 25S or VTC5D for absolute max amps when fully charged.

I'm not a fan of the LG's but LG has comparable cells to the 30Q and 35E.

Thanks for the advice! I’ll pick one of them up…. Or a few, haha.

+1. You can get 30Qs for cheap at Illumn.com and they are great! I have about 20 of them.

I am new to Banggood too and clicked for a group buy. Says it needs one more person. If anyone wants to get in for $36.99,let me know.

Participants needed!Come group shopping together and save more!
https://banggood.app.link/4HjILjpC10

Thanks. I just ordered.

You can ask Martin for the code