Promo Code for PF01/PF02 and ask reviewers for PF04

How do you think about the new design?

Nice but able to include a stainless steel or aluminium bezel like this?

MORE power please. Upgrade to XP-G2 if possible.

Looks pretty much exactly the same except for the bezel. And for me the looks were fine as is, so this new one is good too.

My issues were more the other stuff. Are you going to replace that terrible plastic retaining ring in the tail cap?

Yes, the plastic retaining ring will be replaced on new PF01.

Any progress on getting a little better spring steel for the pocket clip?

Thanks for the idea. Actually we updated the current. New PF01 will be brighter.

Great. Let us know when it is out. Please do not seal the head if you want more flashlight hobbyists to collect it.

Clip will be thicker. I will compare new clip with the old one once I get the new one.

So, this is also one of yours? Found this one in a newsletter from ELV:

It seems this is a PF02 as a zoomie, at least it looks very much alike…
Somebody must have measured the lumens, it says 130 of them :slight_smile:

I know some sells similar but as zoomie, it’s not from us. I don’t know the exact lumen of PF02, but it gives 130 at least. I already told the engineer to make the flashlight as bright as possible on high, and as dim as possible on moonlight. Let’s wait and see how it will be.

Any chance of moonlight/high/low ?

It can be. But moonlight/low/high has been made.

May I know why moonlight/high/low?

I find that I most often need a little bit of light, or a lot. Moonlight and High are the modes that I use by far the most. Other modes, low, medium, rarely get used.

If a light had those 2 modes first, most of my needs would be met and I would be very pleased with that light that gave me those modes in that order.

Cool. Don’t know others’ opinions, but it’s easy to make the modes in that order. I wish we could make it perfect on time, but the truth is we always have to wait for the next batch. :frowning:

Pros:

• good clip

• good knurling

• bezel is a little sharp, but not half as bad as I thought it would be. Allows you to see if the light is on when headstanding.

Cons:

• strobe

• a small smo reflector combined with a xp-e gives a ringy beam.

• bad pwm on low 

• these things are very long for 1xAAA/2xAAA

At first glance, they are really long lights (compared to my olight i3s, my AAA standard).

Opening the tailcap to put in batteries is really nice, because the threads came pre-lubed, and are well cut. Battery fitment is just about perfect, but if you had a really long battery, there might be a few problems, as there is very little travel in the springs.

The switch is of the forward variety, and is a little too tall to tailstand. Modes are H>L>S, with about a 2 second reset time (no memory).

The beam is not so pretty. it has a much further throw than my i3s, but has about 4 distinct rings (the center one is barely visible). Tilt you screen to see the rings, for I have taken there photos with a smartphone, and have not figured out how to do exposure control. I had a go at disassembling the head, and luckily it came apart at the front of the pill

The closest related light I can think of is the Streamlight Stylus Pro.

Other points to note:

• no AR coated lens

• low mode has a frequency of 490Hz,50% duty cycle, as determined by a guitar tuner (thanks toykeeper)

• low is more of a medium, it appears to be about visually half of high.

• no TIM under the board, but not really a problem at such low currents

My ideas for improvements:

• a xp-g, for higher output and a better beam 

• drop of some sort of thermal paste under the board

• way higher pwm speed.

Link to imgur album

I have half doz of the Hugby. It is cheap, reliable, and a good gift to someone who needs a light that fits in a purse or pocket.
Jerry

Well, different people have different choices. Many people want to buy the best product by spending the least money, that’s how we make and sell products. We are trying our best and learn from other high quality products, not from cheap ones. Thank you.

New PF02 is approaching. Do you guys remember? Thank you for all your suggestions, some are fulfilled, some not yet. But we always listen and try.

I remember. What are the final specs/changes that have made it into this light?

XP-E changes to XP-E2;
Strobe removed;
Moonlight in;
Moonlight/Low/high, and always start from moonlight;
Clip is a little bit stonger.

I don’t know if it needs to be shorten. 150mm in length for now. Anything else do you want it better?