"Pure Copper" Aliexpress S2+ generic. (Edit it's BRASS!)

Interested what the true weight is. Also if the button is as cheezy as it looks.

This :wink:

You got my attention now that it is confirmed to be brass. Still, I wonder if it will always look that goldy (which I don’t like that much….) :stuck_out_tongue:

Congratulations!
and thank you
happy to hear, hope you enjoy it

uncoated, it will oxidize (patina)
more slowly, and less dark than copper

or it can be accelerated in various ways. One of the easiest is to coat with dish washing liquid.

is brass any good?

i dont understand why people likely it rather than the gold look. It is heavy and not much better thermal conductivity than aluminium.

interest to see real pic from the flashlight received.

as heavy as copper and worse conductivity than aluminium… but conductivity never stops people from buying shiny things… Titanium for example, conducts worse than brass.

Brass is shiny

I admit Im curious how much the light weighs…

I got a brass MT01 Mini and love it. Seems to get hot fast. I got an all alum mini as well.

Copper is great but a bit too soft - heaviness and soft are a bad combo for a drop. My copper lights (FET based) get so hot so quick, they are useless at high levels.

I’m having a really hard time posting images. I think the problem is me.

Does this link work?

Basic features/first impressions.

High/low with no memory.
Cool white LED on aluminum pcb
Aluminum pill.
Reverse clicky switch.
Aluminum OP reflector and glass lens.

I don’t have a scale to accurately measure the weight. But it is noticeably heavier than an aluminum S2+ when compared side by side.

Does not Lego with Convoy S2+

The knurling is very coarse and with no coating it feels very raw in my hand. I kinda like it. I wouldn’t want every flashlight to feel that way. But I appreciate it in this instance.

I think it’s a good host candidate. I already have a plan for it using a better donor pill I happen to have that fits.
Happy with the purchase. Would buy again.

Oh yah.
17mm driver
16mm led board

And the body tube has 2 milled flats 180 degrees apart. One side is in chinese characters and one side shows a western name brand.

I reposed pics for you.

doesnt look to bad really

things id do to it

1 put it on my lathe at work, roll of heavy grit sandpaper, set lathe running, sand it down a bit to make it less nurly and smoother
2 try make up a copper pill
3 mill it down to make it look as close to a s2 as possible
4 dirt it up a bit so its not shinny ( vinagar or some other accelorating pattina substance)
after ive got the pattina , clear coat it with some matt varnish or clear coat

turn it on and be happy

its looks quite an ok light

Nooner, can you check if convoy pill fits?

Hum…looking at the photos…I’m not sure… The aluminum pill, does it have a shelf or is it hollow?
Also, is it smaller than the S2+ or is it the photo perspective that makes it look smaller?

With some patina, it can turn nicer, still… I guess it will not be the kind of light I will “want”!

Convoy pill does NOT fit.

This pill from Kaidomain does http://kaidomain.com/Flashlight-DIY-and-Tools/Misc-Parts/S024126-DIY-22mm-x-9mm-Aluminium-Driver-Pillar-Set-for-LED-Flashlights?sort=p.price&order=ASC

I bought some of these awhile ago for a different build. A bonus of this pill is that the retaining ring is low profile enough that a 7135 x 8 driver can work with it.

Thanks Nicolicous for properly posting those photos.

MascaratumB
I think there may be a few more photos of pill if you follow the link I posted. Scroll down.

I would definitely describe the light as cheaply made. That doesnt mean bad per say. The host has potential.

Stoopid me :person_facepalming:
It was the first one with the PCB! I didn’t notice there is a shelf! Sorry for the dumb question :partying_face:

yes
excellent photo album!

and thanks for all the detailed info about the host
I hope it brings you many smiles :slight_smile:

Thank you. I have some of the same size in copper so that will be perfect :slight_smile:

Where can a copper pill be bought in that size?