Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I donā€™t think thatā€™s ever happened before. Does anyone know of that happening?

If you look at the current market you will see they canā€™t price it much above $55 because you get too close to the territory of much more powerful lights like the MF01.

If they were to sell it at $80, no one would buy it. Look at the competition in the $80 range.

Now they may list the regular msrp price at $80 or $99 whatever, but the actual selling price has to make sense.

Then again, itā€™s China. Anything could happen. Lol

How about this? Dropped lumens to 5,000, but throw of only 400 meters is way too low. I'm just guessing they are using some sort of canned spec table - not sure row could be added or removed.

Specification:

Product name: BLF Q8 4X XP-L 5000LM Professional Super Bright LED Flashlight
Brand: BLF
Model: Q8
Emitter Type: XP-L CREE XP-L HD V6 3D
Light temperature: 4700-5000K 4750K-5000K
Light color: Warm white Neutral White
Material: Aerospace grade aluminum alloy construction
Total Emitters: 4x
Mode: updating Smooth ramping or mode set operation
Lumens: updating
Runtime: updating
Battery Configurations: 4 x 18650 protected or unprotected button top (not included)
Working Voltage: 3-4.2v
Switch Type: Clicky Electronic switch
Switch Location: Body side of the flashlight
Peak Beam Intensity: 30000cd 50000 cd
Impact Resistant 1.2meters
Max Output: 4500lumens 5000+ lumens
Range: 200meters (max) 450+ meters (max)
Lens: Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
Reflector: Aluminum alloy mirror reflective cup
Waterproof: IPX-8 waterproof
Color: Black
Weight: 400g without battery
Size: 132mm x 59mm x 50mm(length x head x body diameter)

Welcome to BLF, yes you are just in time :wink:

List order doesnā€™t mean anything, so indeed not going to change it :wink:
Thanks Dale, it is indeed the moment of truth in a short while.
It has been a big party, with only the slow progress as somewhat negative aspect.
But with so many being made and shipped all around the world, to be received by people with high expectations there is bound to be some troubles ahead, that is simple math :wink:

Emailed Marunce and M4DM4X with:
Link to your post Tom
And with request of our text and pic of beamshot in fog by J-Dub74 can be used,

Hey can you give some more information about batch processing? For now only first 500 people will get code for price adjustment? Or did they already produce all of them?

Almost one year and a half since this thread was started and there it is in the BG listings. The BLF Q8 has become a reality.
I remember i asked this simple question a few days before it all started: Has there ever been a BLF souped up SRK clone?

Great work everybody involved! :+1: :beer: (still canā€™t find a glass of wine in the emoticonsā€¦)

Now the next few weeks will be excruciating waiting timeā€¦ :person_facepalming: :weary:

That looks pretty darn good. One thing though, I can hear people saying ā€œWhat the heck is mode set operation?ā€ Maybe it would be better to change it to:
Smooth ramping or 1 to 7 preset levels

Not everyone knows our jargon.

Yes it seems they are going to be produced right after each other
It looks like all get the PM with instructions and code at the same time September 7th
The time of ordering and finalizing payment seems to be the factor deciding from what batch one receives their Q8.

This is actually very good news, a reason for doing a first 500 batch was so problems could be fixed later so I take this as a sign of Thorfire judging no such smoothening is needed for they are well aware of the exposure and repercussions problems would have.

+1, totally true, might be too late if The Miller sent it already though.

Specification:

Product name: BLF Q8 4X XP-L 5000LM Professional Super Bright LED Flashlight
Brand: BLF
Model: Q8
Emitter Type: XP-L CREE XP-L HD V6 3D
Light temperature: 4700-5000K 4750K-5000K
Light color: Warm white Neutral White
Material: Aerospace grade aluminum alloy construction
Total Emitters: 4x
Mode: updating Smooth ramping or 1 to 7 preset levels
Lumens: updating
Runtime: updating
Battery Configurations: 4 x 18650 protected or unprotected button top (not included)
Working Voltage: 3-4.2v
Switch Type: Clicky Electronic switch
Switch Location: Body side of the flashlight
Peak Beam Intensity: 30000cd 50000 cd
Impact Resistant 1.2meters
Max Output: 4500lumens 5000+ lumens
Range: 200meters (max) 450+ meters (max)
Lens: Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
Reflector: Aluminum alloy mirror reflective cup
Waterproof: IPX-8 waterproof
Color: Black
Weight: 400g without battery
Size: 132mm x 59mm x 50mm(length x head x body diameter)

Stumbled across this light online and finally decided to create an account just in time to make the list. Looks like it has been a long process but the end result will be a great light.

Please add twoleftfeet to the list. Thanks The Miller!

Yeah, IIRC the BLF A6 was often on sale at roughly the GB price long after the GB was over. So Iā€™d expect it to be discounted in the 60-70 range with the occasional sale around 45-55. Seems to be standard operating procedure at BG.

Please add me to the list. This looks awesome!

Add me for my 4th one. :wink:

Well Tom, if they just use our text it is good.

Interesting, canā€™t even remember that topic, but at the time I had time to read everything so I must have :wink:
Are there any "good" SRK clone left out there? - #27 by The_Miller here is the post that tipped things over.

Welcome more new members, tomorrow list gets updated.

Iā€™m with PBWilson a few posts back, is it possible that ThorFire did some ā€˜secretā€™ upgrades? AR coating and HAIII would not be anything to sneeze at. (Assuming they are well done.) Can we verify this prior to changing the listing? The other edits look right though.

I also saw that multiple entries on the list was possible so I would like two slots please. Thanks again, looking forward to it.

On behalf of patmurrisā€¦. cheers!

Iā€™d like to be added to the list please :slight_smile:

Please add me to the list.

Been lurking this thread since the beginning of the year and Iā€™m damn excited this is finally going to happen.

Wow! Itā€™s finally happening! :partying_face: :+1: