Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Yes, so changing the screws, please talk about it in the modding thread :slight_smile:
And please report here IF they do protrude, that would be not good at all and something we need to know.

Ahh, maybe? Pics here: photobucket Manker U11

SD26 here: photobucket Lumintop SD26. Simpler mod for sure...

The U11 mod is pretty nasty, or involved

Notice the pink in the UltraFire? Also got a Yezl Y3, Skilhunt H15 in pink, think I did an SRK too.

Did someone get a shipping notice for a second batch Q8 - preorder number over 500?

I read a few pages ago the second batch was due a few days ago…
I wish i managed to forget about this light and be happy when it shows up but i just can’t! :person_facepalming:

Problem solved. It was user error, not hardware. Procedure is described in posts below.

Dear The Miller —

Here is another case of failed green LEDs in the button. (Either that, or I’ve misconfigured the light — still looking into that). Light arrived in Atlanta yesterday. Tracking worked all the way from origin, but the label on the package looked as though the shipment had originated in California. No Chinese characters or reference to China locations whatsoever.

Button was working when the light arrived. If it turns out that it has failed, I’ll either replace the LEDs or the whole board.

Thoroughly enjoying the light, though. Thanks to all who made it happen.

Thank you TomE!
Very nice work! I will be losing the USB charging this way? I think I will copy it :smiley:

Yes, definitely - will be lost. Dunno enough about electronics to try to get charging circuitry working with most mods. Some lights have the USB charging totally separate, so can be salvaged. Think with this U11 light, it's all about space - it's a squeaker.

Probably should go over to the Q8 modding thread with these posts

I’m around order 800, and no shipping notice yet. I sure could use them this weekend as handwarmers. It’s supposed to get down to 13°F.

Completely understandable patmurris. :slight_smile: … It has been a long wait for an anticipated light.
Just keep checking on that shipping status & soon you will have the pleasant surprise that your Q8 will be headed your way. Just like This One . Sure it was a different batch… but he got a pleasant reward when he checked that shipping.
It will be there before long…… :slight_smile:

Ay thanks for letting know
Can you make some pictures?
Will update OP later.

THANKS for update, just Narsil config, good it was nothing :slight_smile:

That’s pretty darn cool for SoCal in September. :wink:

Thanks for the SMD LED info everyone.

I’ve placed an order for 20 pieces each of 10 different colors in 0603 size.

When they arrive I’ll create a thread in the “For Sale” section and sell small quantities for the cost of shipping.

I only need a few pink and red ones. :smiley:

To eliminate possibility of a mis-configured light, you can reset the light's configuration settings to factory defaults - not documented, accept in the Advanced Notes and Usage guide here.

Go to display the version number, and while the one blink version # is shown, press&hold the switch for a few seconds, til the light starts blinking quick -- this indicates it's done, and now it's reset back to factory settings.

Welcome back teacher, surely your q8’s have got to be close to being delivered. I only wish I could figure out what number my q8 is in the purchase order. If anyone knows how to find out that info I would be greatly in your debt. Thanks!

and it’s mentioned in the cheat sheet :slight_smile:

Ooops! Yes, sorry, forgot you added that!

Happy to report the button light is now back on. I was able to find the “Reset to factory settings.” Thanks to all who responded. (I found it in the micro-printed “cheat cheat” included with the light.)

Hi Joey…… :+1:
Yep… my first one will be here in a few minutes…. Tracking is and has been perfect every step of the way. 100% reliable. A great asset in knowing the arrival time of ones package. :wink: I highly recommend it for those with inquiring minds.

If you will give me the date & time of your order(s)… I will compare them with mine & I can give you a general idea of where you are in the “lineup”. It would be my pleasure my friend. :slight_smile:

What? Your location is listed as San Diego and Accuweather shows the low as 60+F (16C) and hitting highs of 80 by Monday. Even Big Bear is showing lows of above 50F.

Are you stationed somewhere else or something?

ARGH, you got me good :slight_smile:
thanks for the update, and nic no OP update needed :slight_smile: