Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WSU-50-Wholesale-Retail-LED-Optical-Lens-4P-PMMA-materials-diameter-50mm-30-45-degree-Clean/734283254.html

Would something like this work with the Q8?

Jason, David asked me a couple pages back about the coffee I used to drink. I get fresh roasted coffee beans from Ethiopia and Panama and grind it fresh every day. Delicious! Kid I ain’t and Starbucks doesn’t know me at all. I spent 20 yrs drinking the muck they made at the lumber yard, time for the good stuff!

I used my Q8 out and about tonight, amazed my brother and just in general lit up the night. Works great, the lit switch button can really come in handy out in the night, easy to lose a light out in the open if you set it down and get moved away from it doing things. Not with the switch glowing! :wink:

All in all the best deal going.

I was just messing with ya. :stuck_out_tongue:

My Q8 arrived last night and all i have to say is …
YOU GITS HAVE RUINED ALL OTHER LIGHTS FOR ME !!
I think Narsil ramping should be mandatory on all other lights from now on !

Off I go to trip all the light circuit breakers at work ….

Seriously, this is an amazing light and I look forward to using it as much as possible - huge thankyous and kudos to everyone involved :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah everyone I show it wants one and are in awe of the sheer lightoutput and flood

Most lights that use an electronic switch can be converted with a new driver running Narsil. Just contact Lexel here.

Yes it is true
Use a clicky Bistro light or e switch Barsil and it pretty much retires the ones that don’t have it.
Only thing that amazes me is that manufacturers choose not to go for it.
Yes the drivers are little more expensive to make but it seems so worth it.

Got home to find Q8 had arrived, on full inspection I note the following:

1. Its Awesome
  1. Its Awesome
  1. See 1 & 2

Great job to the team, its a real accomplishment to drive something like this from conception to delivering on the design.

Respect to Thorfire as well for making such a high quality item and working with the team, I can see them selling a lot of these over time!

Now, off to order #2

One thing I must say, use burr grinders for best results! Burr grinders and French presses are my go-tos.

And an update on my three second batch Q8s, all are performing flawlessly.

I was intending to switch operation immediately to BLF a6 modes but one quick go with the ramping and it’s staying. Excellent, simple UI, love it!

Great work Miller and all the team :slight_smile:

Yeah, I usually like to “play around” with new lights when they arrive, check out all the features and such. I haven’t made any changes to my Q8. I haven’t even entered configuration mode yet. The ramping is so sweet!

I can second the burr grinder. But I rarely use my French press any more. I did use it last weekend while camping, though. I had to get up early to start the fire to heat the water to make my coffee. :stuck_out_tongue:

my Q8 just left NY, coming inland closer to me :+1:

Got my 30Q’s yesterday, im ready!

2 days from now its been a month since i made the Q8 order…

Someone recommended a polishing cloth to remove AR coating.

Two or three hours later, some of the coating is gone:

This is going to take a while.

Hehe wow, strong coating then.

I polished my watch and accidentally rubbed of the AR, minutes later I removed it all

You could also try a automotive things like autosol or brasso or something

Aren’t both of those abrasive? I wouldn’t use that on a lens…

Hmm. Perhaps So indeed. Sapphire crystals of watches are harder

My thought (having never done it before) would be to use a microfiber cloth and some sort of 100% liquid solvent. Acetone or Isopropyl alcohol, gas or kerosene, paint thinner/MEK/Xylene/Toluene, in approximate order of strength/health hazard…

whitecitadel that made me chuckle
Thanks for kind words all
But really please don’t say “Miller and team” it is the team despite my newbism that pulled it off and steered the project the right way.
In hours money and energy surely Tom has spend most, so if one want to name please say “Tom and team”
I only can compete with Tom on time spend but that could also mean I need to do things more efficient :wink:

I have a Wuben light with triple XPG3’s and the AR glass causes a tint shift. I’ve tried iso alcohol, acetone, and a Cape Cod polishing cloth. I let the lens soak in acetone for an hour. None of those three things worked.

btw, Rinse the acetone off with water first before using a microfiber cloth. Acetone will melt a microfiber cloth.