Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Good reports!
Nice!
So cool how well received ramping is.

Had to get a new one, the old, traditional model just was too old and made some parts too small,others too big.
I ordered this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ferris-Wheel-Design-Vintage-Manual-Coffee-Grinder-With-Ceramic-Movement-Retro-Wooden-Coffee-Mill-Coffee-Bean/32787751010.html
I thought it would look nice in out kitchen.
Works like a charm, nice fluffy grounded coffee.
And I can fit my battery powered drill over the top to make grinding faster in those cases I need more then just enough for the French press or stove top espresso maker (yeah sometimes they are being used at the same time, and then i grab the makita to let that do the work :slight_smile: )

Wait, a burr grinder and french press are not metal fab tools? They are coffee related things?

Whew, I was wondering why I’ve never heard of these tools before. Lol

You are not alone, I had to search “french press” with Google … and it was the coffee again. :slight_smile:

It is to burr grind alu-arabica which increases the Q8 runtime a lot :smiley:
But it is true, coffee comes up in the “what are you drinking topic” a lot as well so maybe better if somebody makes a new thread about it :wink:

There’s a fine thread about coffee already, you may have missed it ? :slight_smile:

Haha thanks, should have drunk more coffee today :wink:

Thank you for the recommendation & link. This is a neat looking grinder…… functional as well as decorative. I like it…… :slight_smile:

Has anyone had this problem? After ramping up or sometimes down when I click the light to go off it won’t go off. It will take multiple clicks sometimes. Is this the way it’s supposed to work or is there something wrong? It usually happens after the light has been on for a while.

Tight tolerances between click and what is registered as click hold

Question for the group - I see there is a 1/4” hole to screw something in on the side of my Q8. Is there an add-on that I can use to have a wrist strap with this? I’m too afraid of dropping it on a nighttime hike to carry it.

Just got these…work like charm

Excellent, thank you!

Should I click it quicker or slower?

Shorter :wink:

Streamer…. this looks real good. Are they made from Stainless, Alloy, or something else?
Thanks for sharing……. :+1:

They are made out of aluminum. So is the Q8’s threading insert. Aluminum will avoid possible stripping as stainless would be much harder than aluminum.

Thank you my friend……. :+1: … I just ordered some. :wink:

My Q8 (2nd batch) is basically perfect, but I might want to tweak my tube indexing so things line up just a bit better, but only if it’s easy to do. Any advise on how to do this, or should I just reign in my OCD? Btw, a big thanks to The Team for making this light possible. Very happy with it :+1:

G'Day fellow BLF'ers, &/or Q8 addicts,

I am having difficulty stepping through the different strobe/blinky modes/types (using ramping).

I can get to the 1st blinky, and with more difficulty to the second blinky mode/type, but no success when I then try to get to the other blinkies (3rd, 4th, 5th).

So I use from on/off: 2 clicks take me to max/turbo, then 2 clicks take me to 1st blinky, and then sometimes I can successfully get to 2nd blinky, but from

there very seldom can get to the other blinkies, as the single click turns it off.

From off/on, I suppose I can do 2 clicks, then 3 clicks to get to 2nd blinky,

& from off/on 2 clicks, then 4 clicks to get to 3rd blinky,

& from off/on 2 clicks, then 5 clicks to get to 4th blinky,

& from off/on 2 clicks, then 6 clicks to get to 5th blinky,

But I thought that once in blinkies I should be able to step through the 5 blinkies with single click (& step backwards with click-hold). But that doesn't seem to be the case. Or??

Any help Greatly Appreciated.

Best Regards,

George