Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Interested
Please add me to the list.

again, i am thinking about the candle light project from dbsar:
maybe we can take the same body, tail, lenses, ….
yesyes, i m thinking…

by the way, the miller thank you for your work at the gaw for us and sb.
whatever will come out, i ll wait for it!

I’m interested too, add me to the list please.

Please add me to the list for one.

Not sure what you are referring to - cant' find it in a search either. I'm interested in taken a look.

I believe this is what is referred to

DBSAR is developing a lantern with the SRK as starting point, it should lead to a quality newly (chinese) produced ‘BLF-approved’ lantern.

Personally I do not see too much overlap apart from the battery compartment which (thusfar in the plans) will not be much different from the SRK battery compartment. His lantern has a different type of led, just one, different output, different UI, and it has a lantern head

Count me in as interested in one, either with an XP-L HI NW, or a Nichia 219C.

I’m interested in one.

I’m in for a NW model, not sure which specific emitter I would prefer yet. Fantastic initiative here, thanks to all!

I think it would be good to add the requirement of supporting protected cells, which is something that often seems to get overlooked.

Hi all, my Sunwayman D40A with 4 AA cells is almost EXACTLY the same diameter as a D cell maglight. I think it is a very pocketable light. They used a battery carrier instead if the complicated inner milling style of the rook, which was a 3 AA or 14500 cell light anyway. So I vote FOR a mini version as well!

Send DBSAR a PM the other day.
I knew his project, and apologized for not talking to him first instead of starting this.

I do not know the manufacterer he is planning on have his light make.

The SRK based lantern and Q8 are different in a lot of ways, too many to combine them.

Very impressive build he has there, that is for sure!

Weekend, no email in the inbox this morning.

This gives Tom time to complete the driver components list.

And of course, as a community we can discus matters and well complete the specslist. All should be written down.
How bizarre, with all the discussion about the cll cofiguation it was not even in the specslist.
So
Added Parallel max 4 cell configuration (to use 1, 2, 3 and/or 4 cells)
Added Able to take the argest of protected button top 18650 cells

Please if things are missing, let us know.

While we’re on the topic of cells, it would be extra nice if it could work with flat top cells too.

Emitter options will make the GB more popular, but it makes the logistics tougher and might increase costs. Remembering that the SRK is about massive output, an emitter which gives us that should be option #1 (or the choice or a sole emitter type). You’re not going to pleae everybody no matter which choices are made with this. Just the fact that this is going to be a good host when so many bad ones are out there will keep the interest up for those who don’t like the emitter choice(s).

Liking how it’s all going so far!

Phil

When looking at the Palight Boss with those brass nipples I see more work, and something giving sideways force to buttons, OK there are springs but still not a nice thought though. For $2 one can buy heat resistant kit at AE
Put a magnet on flattops and use a bit of that kit to secure it. Can be removed it wished without leaving a mark and 1 tube suffices for several hundred times of doing this. Any normal kit could work ad well maybe idk, if so also dirt cheap and 1 tube is good for thousands of these operations.

Thanks Phil.

I’m interested, depending on final configuration and price.

The flat top adapter than comes with the Roche M170 is another option, but the M170 adapters were all defective, apparently (not flat) and didn't work well at all (review in German here: https://torchworld.wordpress.com/2014/08/12/review-roche-m170-3x-xm-l2-4x-18650-thrower-test/). Other reviews on BLF.

Put me down for a neutral white.

Put me down for 3 for now. I might go for more in the future depending on the final specs.