Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Interested in one. Nichia or NW would be cool.

OP updated with newest people interested.

A lot of NW.
It seems (and personally I think so) NW is the ideal color for a light like this.
better color rendering, easier on the eyes to compensate the little loss in lumens over CW.

Looking at the CW NW Nichia higher CRI the NW seems the sweetspot as a nice average of the three.

I’m interested, ideally for Nichia 219Cs.

It’s a tough balance but that seems like the best approach for a single tint option with this type of light. Not objectionably cold, but not so warm that you lose a lot of output just to get a nicer color and more CRI.

This kind of light is supposed to impress with it’s output- a “lumens bomb” if you will. IMHO the practicality takes a back seat to that but it does matter some anyway.

Phil

It was found around here that a resistor on the FET gate to slow down switching time a little made things more reliable for some people (others didn’t have problems in the first place). I believe the explanation was that it reduced the voltage spike on turn-off caused by induction in the emitter wires. My memory could be a bit off as I haven’t reread the whole thing. The value would need to be chosen carefully as too large a resistor will prevent very low PWM settings for the FET. Anyway, I think it’s something which needs some consideration unless we end up stuck with an attiny13a.

I usually use a 12K on the FET gate - it's been added. Pics here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/34900/655

Well another workweek is about to start
We got a lot to ask and tell Thorfire and are looking forward to the answers/input of Barry of Fridays mail.

Little update here, 284 hours straight on. Just a little check on high every 6-8 hours.
And it says 5 on high now.

Why not select toykeeper´s excellent and well known BISTRO FW and everybody can configure the light to their liking…BOOM!

K.

Bistro was written for mechanical switches. This is an e-switch light. It could probably be modified, even easily if I understand as well as I think I do, but its not just a direct drop-in.

I’d be okay with this idea too, but I do like the idea of a ramping UI. So if that’s an option I’d like to see it played out.

Why not having about the same options with added options like ramping? That is a boom we are aiming at now.

While we’re throwing ideas around, since this will be a fairly large PCB with lots of room, it would be nice to have ready to use places to solder some 7135 on the unused pins of the MCU. It would make it easier to add, say, an extra colored LED that way. Or a photodiode or some other weird mod.

Interested in a NW one.

I got e-switch firmware now with more configuration settings than Bistro - 12 sets of modes to choose from, optional moon, and ability to set the level of moon, etc.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yes! Tell us more! :slight_smile:

I call it Narsil:

Summary of Features

• Simple 1 click ON, 1 click OFF, navigate to next and previous modes
  • 12 mode sets to choose from, 1 to 8 modes/output levels can be configured, and then saved
  • Modes can be arranged for low to hi, or hi to low
  • Multiple strobe and beacon modes can be accessed, total of 5 special modes (16 Hz strobe, police strobe, bike strobe, 2 sec beacon, and 10 sec beacon), and you can configure all blinkies disabled, only one strobe, or the full set
  • Low Voltage Protection (LVP) – output is decreased starting at ~3.0v, shut off at ~2.7v
  • Turbo timeout can be enabled/disabled, and the time be set
  • When power is applied, 2 blinks indicate it’s ready
  • An Indicator LED (SMD LED) is supported as a locator LED and low voltage indicator
  • Battery Check – blink out the voltage level (ex: 3.7v would be 3 blinks, pause, then 7 blinks)
  • Lock-out feature for the side switch – enabled and disable by a special click sequence
  • Mode memory can be enabled to quickly restore the last used mode setting, but not recommended
  • A power tail switch can be used to change modes w/memory

Moon Mode?

With some members posting their interest in a moon mode for this light, and given that it has four emitters, inf a moon mode is to be part of the specs, would it be possible/practical to have the moon mode light only one emitter?

That would require quite a hardware adaptation. Instead, a nice way to create moon could be to make the led behind the side switch a nice warm white one instead of a colour led, so it can be indicator light, battery check and moonlight in one.

I get some crazy low output in a 3 LED SupFire M6, like sub 1 lumen, with this firmware running a FET+1 driver. And yes, you can make a indicator PCB LED as effective as a low moon mode. I got one of those too.

Dunno how accurate these #'s are, this is down in the dirt for the meter and light box, but:

SupFire M6 moon (PWM value of 2): 0.14 lumens

ZY-T11 clone moon (PWM value of 2): 0.068 lumens

Pics showing the M6 moon, and the indicator/locator LED's: