Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Most places that I’ve spoken with are back to work tomorrow (2nd)

I’ve got an automatic reply from BG,which says the following.
“During Chinese New Year holiday(Jan 26th - Jan 31st ) there will be a delay in our response times”.

And the Convoy store still has a banner saying:
Spring Festival holiday time: January 11, 2017 to February 15, 2017

So it depends on the store. Regardless, it’s going to take some time to recover the backlog.

yes the chinese new years day was last friday but holidays differs from company to company but they will most be back by the end of this week or latest next week

Yeah wanted to send an email Sunday evening.

Off topic, somewhere in the 150 pages of this thread someone posted a picture & link to a 4 x 14500 mini soda can type light with a post title of something along the lines of “somebody beat BLF to the Q4” ?
I can”t for the life of me find the post & am just wondering if anyone can remember what the light was or the post ?
The only light I can think of is trustfire tr-a9 but that is 4 x 14500 in series light & I am sure the light mentioned was a 4 x 14500 in parallel light ?
We have a very good deal on Sanyo UR14500P 800mah cells in the UK at the moment, £1.50 each or about $1.80 Sanyo UR14500P - £1.50 each in the UK
It just seems a waste to pass up this deal so I wanted to check out this light to see if it was of interest.
Sorry for the off topic post but I just can”t find the post in question.

Please add me in the list, I ’ll take one)

Yes will update list later

BH that wasn’t the Thorfire TK4A? (Not using 14500 but 4 AA cells)

I am in for one. Thanks!

Ian, check out post # 4208

Definitely put me down for 1.

$40 for a possible 6,000 lumens? Can’t beat that.

Thanks Etex, indeed a Thorfire TK4A, really nice light, like really really nice loaded with eneloops
No Q4 though, the challenge for the Q4 will be have it run on either AA or 14500. Been talking to people about what this would require but have not got an answer, it will be a project for the future though :wink: but ground work will be done via PMS I think now.

No no we spec it at 4000 lumens (better deliver more then promised right :wink: )

Yep, that’s it Ian… Post #4208 . Just like ’Etex’ said…… :+1:

Texas_Ace made the post. Below is the link to the light he mentioned in post #4208

https://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-Sofirn-Moonlight-Batteries-Including/dp/B01LKUTPWC

If that get to hurting to much, this might help…… :stuck_out_tongue::wink:

Thanks everyone for the heads up :+1:
Damn AA”s only :person_facepalming:
It”s eating me up not having a use for these really cheap Sanyo 14500”s we can get at the moment in the UK as I hate to miss out on a bargain & it is rare for us to be able to get cells cheaper in the UK than they can in the States or from China :open_mouth:
Even though I suppose I really have no need for a 14500 light :frowning:
I am not sad or addicted honest :slight_smile:

Go ahead and get the cells ……… the light(s) will follow. :smiley: …. :person_facepalming:
Oh yeah, it never even crossed my mind you could have an “addiction”, you are just being practical…… or some word like that. :wink:

How much are they?

Here is the thread that they are in Sanyo UR14500P - £1.50 each in the UK the link is in the first post.
They are £1.50 which is about $1.80.
They are normally about £6 a cell this side of the pond or $7.50 so they are 20% of the usual price :+1:
The seller is UK based though so I have no idea how much shipping would be for you (if they will ship to the states that is).

Bella Headlight
Don’t like the small 14500 cells so gutted a Kronos X5 that did not baked shiny
Your good Cometa parts should fit and maybe the tail PCB doesn’t bit I recently ordered one with LEDs on AliExpress for €1,23.
And when build it is a giggle maker for sure :slight_smile:
Shall I send it to you?

TK4A is indeed a nice light, great mode spacing with hidden strobe a double click from any mode except moon. The driver has a QX9920 buck ic but I don’t know enough about the rest of it to tell whether it’s buck only or buck boost when the voltage gets lower. A liion compatible Q4 would be icing on an already sweet pocket light with decent throw. One thing I can say is Thorfire makes good stuff. We won’t know for sure until the Q8 goes into production if all the preliminary work done is backed up by reliable QC but the pedigree is there.