Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Yes will update the list later!

there is any estimate date for sale?

No perche, we are getting there but I cannot give a time :slight_smile:

Hope the Chinese guys have SRK/Q8 - sized holsters.

They should fit in the ones that have been around for a while. You might have to look around but they are out there.

They also will fit in a larger jacket pocket no problem.

Here’s one: SkyRay King Holster

and another: skyray king holster

There may be more. I didn’t go very far in my search.

Hola, me podria apuntar 1 unidad.

The Miller, can you please put me down for one unit? Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi Miller,

I want one

Thanks

I'll take two:)

Welcome to BLF new members!
Will update the list later :wink:

Or you can use beer can holster :beer:

Hello Miller,

I would love to get one unit, if it’s possible.

Thank you!

I gave up on beer, so I’ll use Coke :smiley:

Proto #1 with a new full baked look:

The switch retaining ring was soaked in Greased Lightning to remove the anodizing, then polished up. Tailcap was left a little more red. darker. I used the rubber switch boot from the other proto that had the short stem (harder to press), and glued an extension- came out well. I'm using a thinner UCLp lens, and found a larger o-ring in the same position under the lens to make up the difference - tried some sanding on the o-ring because it's a bit too big, still can't screw down the bezel all the way.

The switch retaining ring scratches the black off real easy. All 3 I've touched got scratched up. I'd rather have it in silver/aluminum finish just so scratches don't show, and it matches the bezel well.

The tailcap came from another SRK clone. But keep in mind - for the real Q8, you won't be able to LEGO parts with other SRK's because the battery tube threads on both ends are true square, making them no longer compatible.

Inside views:

In pieces:

In the above, you can see the difference in color of the tailcap. The colors vary a bit from picture to picture. Near the bezel, apparently because it's thinner, it heated up a bit quicker, and started changing color to the next shade, slightly more brown, when I turned off the heat.

Did TF say if the anodization on the prototypes was just a quick and cheap job to get the proto out faster and that the production models will get the full on, more expensive and time consuming hard anodization?

I’m hoping the production versions don’t scratch real easy.

Wait, are you saying the black on the body or on the switch ring scratched easily? That’s a big difference.

BTW, that baked one looks real good. :+1:

Nice!!!
Looks really good

Only on the switch ring from what I can tell. The Q8 wasn't spec'd to have type III or equivalent. I'm probably not a good judge on anodizing, but I've seen better, and seen worse. I really like the MaxToch and Lumintop finishes, but of course you pay for it. I don't think the production finish will be any different.

My concern is the switch ring. I used a needlenose that has a nice rounded back side that usually does well in these type of rings. If the ring was an aluminum finish, the scratches would not show as well, if at all. I did notice from barely touching it with the needlenose, the black scratched or chipped off, but after stripping it down, looks like the aluminum didn't scratch at all. Could be the ring wasn't finished with the same quality of the light housing. Aluminum finish switch ring would match up well with the SS bezel.

On proto #1, I was impressed with the black anodizing on the LED shelf, where I tried sanding it down. Cheap anodizing would come off fairly easy, but on proto #1, quite a bit of sanding hardly made an impact - I could see the anodizing was more embedded in the metal, similar to what I encountered when trying to do the same thing in a MaxToch light. Basically with a good deal of sanding, you can get the surface smooth but the color remains impregnated - that's my test for anodizing.

Okay, that’s good to hear. Maybe we should ask TF to leave the switch ring raw or make it silver?

Then again, how many people will actually loosen and tighten that ring? Probably not too many.

The cleaned up ring looks pretty good. I don’t think TF will complain about having one less step in production.