Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Hi Miller, Can you please add one more for me? I’m at number 213 in the list. Many thanks.

Makes a father proud to hear his son say

:slight_smile:

I personally think that getting your kids to something other than stare at the tv or smart phone is good parenting. As far as I am concerned your doing the Lords work Brother!

Amen to that. :+1:

Lightning mode? Seriously possible? That would be amazing.

Yes will do in a little bit
And welcome to BLF!

Yes updated, had to go through 200+posts, and some things needed a response so only the interest list updated, will do the PM group later.

OP updated with:
Impressions of prototype V2
Tom modded this one to have the Narsil version to be used on production Q8 and the XPL V6 LEDs. Can’t get closer to production then this. Reviewer J-Dub74 as somebody not in the team for objectivity, see posts:

So J-Dub74s impressions are easy to find, to avoid these kind of things:

:smiley:

Yes this color changing by putting it
1 in the oven (takes time to pre heat and is slow but heat coming from all sides)
2 on flames (2 minute job and first color change visible, easy to remove parts when at desired color)
is the reason for Type 2 anodisation.
Tom showed this beautiful bronze so I want to put my sample on flames to see what the end station of colors to be reached is, this could be grey but we’ll see :wink:

Yes a zoomie would be something that sounds really interesting to make a project of.
to keep other topics clean, these future projects can be discussed here:

Will do a little update on the zoomie, for it now say nothing but I do have a design in mind, just ned to search the GT topic to find it :slight_smile: ( done found the design )

Hello !
It is really amazing, how much time and effort you spend planning and managing such a project for the community.
I would like to be added to the list as a buyer…could you add me, please?
Thank you very much!
Greetings,
Marothar

yes, will do, thank you (but it is the team such as Tom doing the actual work, and BLF as a whole with input on all aspects moving thing in the right direction!)
Welcome to BLF!

I dont know if this is something that is open to voting, but I’d think that a lightning mode would be really bloody cool.

True, if it came out look'n like the real thing, which is probably a touchy/feely thing... Dunno - might take a stab at it, but I'd use TK's random # support, so as she said, might not be perfect, but could be ok for this.

+1 for lightning mode. Totally useless but sounds fun and that’s what matters!

I know it would be a cool feature (and I’m all for including it) BUT:

How close are we to production, and how easy is the path to get a new hex file to ThorFire? History has shown that version control is not a strong suit for other manufacturers. Let us remember the functional revisions that TK made on the BLF A5/A6 that did not make it into the shipped lights. I think there was a similar problem with the A6 (but I don’t remember what I had for dinner last night, so we know my memory is suspect). Plenty of people can reflash drivers, but let’s proceed carefully with ‘last minute’ changes that need to be shepherded into a production line.

I would say lightning mode are as valid as any other flashing mode, just a matter of attracting attention to yourself.
And for that reason i would prefer lightning over any other flash sequence.

So a strong and extremely local lightning storm should draw attention from rescue people as good as a beacon flash or SOS.

The human brain are wired to see patterns and also screwed up patterns, so when rescuers see what appear to be some one have opened up a major outdoor discotheque in the wilderness, they will know to go check it out,

:smiley: …. :+1:

Well, I would not call this a legit priority #1 change, and will not warrant a major upgrade. Something like changing the default timed stepdown from 3 minutes to 2 minutes, could be considered relatively important. I'm also looking at a timing issue. There's probably gonna be a couple more tweaks. The Q8 proto has only been in one set of hands up til a week ago. I'm expecting there will be changes as a result of the rest of the team having some time with the next round of protos, hopefully that's the final round.

What makes Narsil/Q8 fairly unique is it blinks out the firmware version #, so at least we will have a means of knowing what version # is installed on each unit. So after the final proto evaluation, and it's decided to go into production, hopefully we will have the chance of updating it. Also many, if not all, team members have the ability to upgrade the firmware, so it can be tested by multiple people prior to committing.

IMO, lightning mode isn’t worth a time delay. Heck, I have never used any flashing mode other than by mistake or just to check out how to access it.

After months of checking the project, I can’t stand it anymore… I’ll need one…

Please sign me for one

Doing some quick math, I figured that ThorFire will have a tidy $50,000 in flashlight sales when this one is finally released. I’m hoping that this project will lead to them producing more and more amazing lights in the future. Many good ideas being bounced around this thread might be good R&D for the flashlight industry. I wonder how many ideas will find their way into new lights in the next year or so.

And that’s just in immediate sales. They’ll go retail with it after the group buy.

Idk Tom, J-Dub74 said the head was too hot to touch but the tube and switch were hot but not too hot.

It doesn’t hurt to ask if a newer Narsil can be used and if it is nor causing delays yeah stepdown after two minutes seems a safe default.
Lightning blinkies though cool and all really don’t seem important, however would giving users the option to set strobe brightness be doable? For crossing the street a 5K lumens flash might be too much so I think this is a feature that makes sense on high powered lights right?