Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

That looks pretty cool!!! :+1:

Hello Miller, can you put me for 2 more lights, I am Nr 1006 in the list.

You mean 9P? :+1:

:wink:

Good to see the Q8 another step closer. Will hopefully beat the introduction of tax on imports to Australia on 1st July!

Back to the subject of flashy modes, etc. My ultimate light would have a setting to allow a timed delay for on (as per a camera 10 sec timer), and a set (or adjustable) period before turning off (e.g. 10 secs). This would allow for hands free light on/off for when doing light painting photography solo. Not sure many other people need that setting though - interestingly the lume cube, popular with photographers lacks a delay on function.

Looks awesome. Congrats to the development team.

Also, I think TKā€™s lightning storm mode sounds like a great idea. :slight_smile:

I would vote for strobe turned off by default.

strobe turned off by default

Here's how proto #2 and #3 came. They did come in a bigger well padded box though, but of course this is how it was shipped from ThorFire, not the retailer Banggood:

Notice the bulge? With that foam on the bottom, it doesn't quite fit.

Please put me down for one

Hi Miller, Can you please add one more for me? Iā€™m at number 213 in the list. Many thanks.

Makes a father proud to hear his son say

:slight_smile:

I personally think that getting your kids to something other than stare at the tv or smart phone is good parenting. As far as I am concerned your doing the Lords work Brother!

Amen to that. :+1:

Lightning mode? Seriously possible? That would be amazing.

Yes will do in a little bit
And welcome to BLF!

Yes updated, had to go through 200+posts, and some things needed a response so only the interest list updated, will do the PM group later.

OP updated with:
Impressions of prototype V2
Tom modded this one to have the Narsil version to be used on production Q8 and the XPL V6 LEDs. Canā€™t get closer to production then this. Reviewer J-Dub74 as somebody not in the team for objectivity, see posts:

ā€¦

So J-Dub74s impressions are easy to find, to avoid these kind of things:

:smiley:

Yes this color changing by putting it
1 in the oven (takes time to pre heat and is slow but heat coming from all sides)
2 on flames (2 minute job and first color change visible, easy to remove parts when at desired color)
is the reason for Type 2 anodisation.
Tom showed this beautiful bronze so I want to put my sample on flames to see what the end station of colors to be reached is, this could be grey but weā€™ll see :wink:

Yes a zoomie would be something that sounds really interesting to make a project of.
to keep other topics clean, these future projects can be discussed here:

Will do a little update on the zoomie, for it now say nothing but I do have a design in mind, just ned to search the GT topic to find it :slight_smile: ( done found the design )

Hello !
It is really amazing, how much time and effort you spend planning and managing such a project for the community.
I would like to be added to the list as a buyerā€¦could you add me, please?
Thank you very much!
Greetings,
Marothar

yes, will do, thank you (but it is the team such as Tom doing the actual work, and BLF as a whole with input on all aspects moving thing in the right direction!)
Welcome to BLF!

I dont know if this is something that is open to voting, but Iā€™d think that a lightning mode would be really bloody cool.

True, if it came out look'n like the real thing, which is probably a touchy/feely thing... Dunno - might take a stab at it, but I'd use TK's random # support, so as she said, might not be perfect, but could be ok for this.

+1 for lightning mode. Totally useless but sounds fun and thatā€™s what matters!