Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

That’s not a strobe-with-PWM setting.
That’s the entire exorcism ritual, encoded in Morse, playing out in the flickering PWM behind the stutter strobe pattern.

Didn’t know the spawn of the hell dimension was susceptible to Latin encoded in Morse, did ya?

But hey, it works. Look around. No elephants demons.

Yep!! :+1: Ya’ get them at Wun Haung Lo SpringWerkz Emporium.
They have 2 grades to choose from… “Proper Good Ones” in one huge bin. The other choice in the other bin is labeled…. “Mo Betta”.

You also kinda butcher up what I said when you quoted it above hank. What I said was implying they (TF) would be sourcing, as well as using; the correct spring. My complete sentence is quoted below…. In context… it was a question to TK.

:open_mouth: …. Naaah, not a word I would ever use to describe you… no way.
…………

……………

I would not “assume” they know anything concerning the Q8 That would be why I wrote what I did in post 8845… quoted below. :wink:

Perhaps something about “friend with benefits” was lost in translation? It seemed a particularly odd thing to bring up on BLF.

In any case, I think pretty much everyone is probably a little tired of staring at the Q8 pot, waiting for water to boil. It has been just-around-the-corner for months. Maybe there will be some news soon.

The “Craigslist” post was still funny! lol

Seems like he still doesn’t get what “friends with benefits” means…
Maybe you should give him a LMGTFY link instead, maybe he will figure it out easier that way xD

BLF has people from all over the world. Unfortunate translations happen sometimes, and although that can be lots of fun in the right context, it’s not nice when it’s at someone’s expense.

I hope we can go back to the Q8 now? I wonder what changes Tom made in the latest version. He fixed and changed some things, but I haven’t heard details yet.

Isn’t the “proper spring” the same one they used in Prototype 1 + 2?

When did they switch from the longer to the shorter spring, was it between 1 and 2 or between 2 and 3? My memory is fuzzy on this.

Or maybe they can use the spring thats in the S70?

O i know, and the movie was actually on the TV when i typed it, so it was just me trying to be funny typing something totally non related.

The proto1 spring was really bad according to Tom, the proto2 spring was a bit longer and stiffer than the proto3 spring.

Thorfire has suggested again to use the proto2 spring, we think that one size larger would be even better and Thorfire thinks it is just right. We are debating among the Team to agree with it or not.

Also it seems that Thorfire has found a new ledboard type, but nothing is physically made yet.

Good question Jason. I can’t remember either & it is so hard too keep up with all this off topic chatter cluttering up this busy thread…… :cry:

BUT……. IF , TF will give Wun Haung Lo SpringWerkz Emporium a visit & choose springs from the Mo Betta bin; all will be well.

All the potential problems & questions associated with the “Proper Good One” spring, mentioned in a somewhat contradictory statement posted earlier ; will be eliminated for sure by choosing springs from the “Mo Betta” bin. :+1:

“Trust, but verify” — R. Reagan

Test, test, test.

Please.

Slow it down. New is not necessarily better.

You don’t know what you’re going to get til they send it to you.
I hope they’re going to test* this new LED board source.
————

• test with a checklist and repeated full power cycling

I can do nothing but agree completely with what is said above. :+1:
:slight_smile:

Really I don’t expect a real in depth answer about materials or fabrication :wink:

:+1: ….
That’s pretty much what I figured, but had to agree with hank anyway; cause in a perfect world that is how it would be. :slight_smile:
But alas…. we ain’t in a “perfect world”. :wink:

All you can do is what you can do The Miller & Q8 team…… and you all have done a lot. :beer:

I guess the ball is squarely in TF’s court to get it right. :slight_smile:

At least get some springs in tester’s hands before approving if they’re using a design we’re not fully familiar with. I think TF can be relied on to solder them in place well enough :wink:

Narsil should update OK, seems to work smoother than silk. Dam# fine job w/ Narsil :crown:
TF can ‘torture test’ the new board for heat delamination as well as anyone- just make sure they do that.

Yep. looks like the waiting will soon be over so we can overcome the darkness during the upcoming solar eclipse :stuck_out_tongue:
Phil

My associates and I like to eat poached eggs on english muffins for breakfast.

You could say we’re friends with benedicts.

Okay, that was bad. Moving on.

Maybe with enough people in the Q8 group buy, we can cancel the eclipse!

… or not: Laser Pointer

It should be a fun event regardless. I hear Wyoming is expecting its population to double overnight, and is totally unprepared for that.

Now there’s a useful icon

“What if we tried more power?” could be the official BLF theme song!

Hey, TK, waddaya think? Is there a possibility you could… you know… come up with something? :wink:

Hmm that pic
First thought, mail the maker, ask for permission and try to get it inside the tailcap of a BLF special as Easter egg :smiley: