Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Good decision :smiley:

Hm, just read this:

ā€œThe Olight S1R has a very nice (unintended?) feature I havenā€™t seen in any other flashlight. Activating turbo or high from off will cause a subtle, yet noticeable fast ramp up to the desired brightness. This is a lot less harsh on the eyes than instantly blasting out 1000 lumens in pitch dark. I would not of thought it would matter, but now Iā€™m noticing the lack of this feature on my other lights. The feature is also present and more noticeable in turning off the S1R from High or Turbo. The light rapidly ramps down until off. It takes about 750 milliseconds to go from Turbo to off.ā€

:innocent:

Iā€™m interested. Put me on the list please.

OP list updated

Welcome to BLF!

joechina, that reads nice, letā€™s see what Tom has to comment on this.

Iā€™m interested. Put me on the list please.
Thx!

That is an interesting feature... Makes sense. Not sure if it's been done before. On ramps quicker than OFF. It's do-able.

The Noctigon Meteor ramps on and off. Itā€™s a pretty nice feature.

Hi guys,
I would like to join to the first buyers group.
Please put me on the list.
Thanks

Please add me to the list. Looking good!

Iā€™m interested in. Put me on the list please.

Welcome to BLF.
Cool you guys dedicate your first post to the Q8!
I will update OP later.
Tom is that fast luxurious ramp to turbo and to off something that can be done?

Oh yea, it can be done, just dunno how involved it is. Good thing is a 250 level ramping table is built in already, so just a matter of timing and how many steps we want to do it in. You know I've been play'n with the Manker U11, and in the advanced modes there's a beacon mode I could swear does the same thing - seems to be a quick ramp and fade with every blink.

Oh wow, the more I think about it the better it seems
Would add to a premium feel on lights using Narsil right?

+1 Itā€™s definitely the little touches like this that make for a professional finish and premium feel to any product.

If seriously thinking about this ramping, maybe it can be done in a very general way, to ramp between all modes, not just off and turbo. I guess that requires matching up PWM and linear modes very well on a scale though. Maybe that's the table already discussed.

Well it is up to Tom if and how it is implemented :wink:

Ramping is ok for some applications, but its not one of my favorite types of output control, unless there is some ā€œsteppedā€ indicator. I always had a preference in actually set mode levels.

Since I can reflash things myself, I wasnā€™t going to say anything.

But personally, I do not like ramping UIā€™s. I like it even less when it is set mode levels but ā€œramp upā€ to them like Bistro does. It just seems really gimmicky to me, no functional purpose.

I forget what UI is like this (maybe Narsil already?) but I like the idea of being able to set your own modes in the firmware by ramping to a certain level and then saving that level as ā€œmode 1ā€ or something, then ramping to whatever level and saving that as ā€œmode 2ā€. Then when you are actually advancing through your modes youā€™re just going through your presets. Then you have any mode levels you want in any order you want. Takes a lot of code space though.

Haha things get a bit confusing :wink:
Narsil now has a wide variety of mode groups and ramping CAN be used if the user wants it.

The talk about ramping on this last page is between modes.
So double click for turbo or click for off not directly off or turbo but a very fast ramp
This should feel and look very nice.