Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I like the way narsil has implemented ramping, it is the best I have seen for a single button UI. That said I tend to agree with PD, not sure if I will end up using the ramping feature much myself. I can’t wait to at least try it out though!

I do think the idea of being able to set your modes via ramping would be quite an interesting idea though, but very hard to code I imagine.

The thing I truly do love about narsil is the fact that is has options for everyone, actual mode groups for those that want it and ramping for those that don’t.

Agree TA!

PD know I have read reviews on setting modes via clicks and ramping
It did not appeal to me at all.
But I am just a simple guy, and after playing with the mode sets Bistro gives us I have them all setup in moon lo med high (memory and reverse med click possible)

I think we're still talking about different things here, but that's ok.

Many of us have not gotten into flashing the firmware to change it to a modes set up, (as i dont have the time to work into doing that myself) a ramping light usually means i will not purchase one with ramping only to control brightness. I have a couple lights now with ramping only firmware, and they sit in a junk box collecting dust.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that for this light. The thing we were talking about (I think) was standard fixed modes/groups, just that when the light changes between modes (or at least between off and turbo), it will do so by ramping smoothly and quickly from one to the next, where it will then stay. It's just a smooth transition between modes. I can't imagine this would bother anyone (well someone is always bothered I guess). It's just, well, smooth.

Yeah Flintrock, it is almost as if DBSAR missed my post above

DBSAR and PD68, post 2 of this thread is about Narsil :wink:

Ah ok now thst makes more sense. I did miss thst part.

Made an account just to sign up for 3. This looks like it’s going to be a hell of a light.

Welcome to BLF!
Cool yet another first post for the Q8!
Will update OP later!

Oh boy. Yes, the ramping issue got a little side tracked. There's the ramping UI, then there's the fast ramping to make a mode such as turbo come on gradually and fade off rather than instantly, but ever so slightly - we are talk'n bout milliseconds here, maybe 200-250 at most I'm think'n.

Narsil originally did not have a ramping UI, but it was added from requests made here in this thread. If you don't want ramping, its all good. You will still have the following choices using the mode set UI:

• 12 sets of modes to choose from, up to 8 modes total max
  • low to hi, or hi to low
  • moon mode or not, configured separately from the 12 mode sets
  • mode memory or not

So in classic terms, you have a choice of 96 mode configurations to choose from, not including the ramping UI, from only 1 mode (max/turbo) or up to 8 modes.

Just fyi, before this, I was never fond of ramping UI's that I've used. But this one, as it's been tweaked by direct BLFer input, I've gotten to really really like. It gives you easy quick control to exactly the level you want to use, plus with simple memory, plus double-click access to max/turbo. Dunno, but for me with simple usages of taking out the garbage, walking the yard, or walking trails, I always find it hard to get the right output level I want, but with ramping it's darn easy to get exactly the level I want for the situation I'm in.

I'm using it in lots of lights:

• Skilhunt H15 (14500 - TIR NW) headlamp I carry as an EDC
  • Manker U21 small thrower, dedomed XPL V6 0D
  • 3 different SRK's (3X, 4X, 5X)
  • BLF Lumintop SD10 - compact 32650 light
  • SupFire L5 - nice quality/price 26650 F13 style but better
  • SWM C20C - nice quality pocket EDC
  • SupFire M2-Z - C8 size w/-eswitch, XPL V6 w/dome
  • ThorFire JM07 - similar to L5 but better quality, w/tail power switch
  • Yezl Y3 - classic larger thrower, HD2010 size
  • ZY-T11 clone - budget, but nice pocket EDC w/some throw
  • SolarStorm S02
  • I'm sure there's a couple more I'm forgetting...
  • there's a whole lot more I'm wanting to do if I had the time: COURUI D01, 3 Crelant's, UranusFire 818, Manker U11, SolarStorm S00, S01, S03

The lights with relatively stiff switches are a bit more difficult for doing lots of press&holds, but mostly it's getting used to it. Typical SRK style switches are easy though, and great for a ramping UI's.

I also want one.
(First I said, that I don’t want one without XP-L HI - but now I changed my mind… I was 115 in the list)
ciao
wunderhe

Count me in for two :+1:

Put me down for one please.

Yep, that’s mostly what I was talking about when I referenced Bistro, since it does that on mode changes. It’s not my cup of tea at all. I like a crisp change of modes.

But again, doesn’t make much of a difference to me in the end. If I don’t like it, I’ll just reprogram it.

Thanks for clarification Tom, on a thread this long always good tobjave the most important things scattered around on more pages.

Will update OP later

Yes I think you still are so I edit your entry there :wink:

I’m in for one of those puss*blasters…

edit: c’mon guys! what happened to this world?.. why do you feel offended by this? Its just a joke.

How many “rude” points did you get?

Seems like every time I post some useful info we get a surge of new signups, so it's a good thing - I should do it more often

lol, curious myself.

Oh man! just when I stopped seeing the eye of mordor in the Thorfire logo you jam another image in there :stuck_out_tongue:
I thought it is funny btw
And well the rude thing will go down.

OP updated!