Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I know I know but I still have to ask… any idea when we might get the green light on this? My wife’s brother in Mississippi saw my ramping SupFire M6 at 5200 lumens and was totally blown away, just HAS to have one! So I figure this Q8 will be an even better deal for him, his birthday is Dec 8th. They just lost their father on Nov 16th, my wife’s birthday, and buried him on the 19th, the day after their other brother’s birthday. So they’re going through a lot and if I could make his day with an intense flashlight it’d be pretty cool. I know how unlikely it is for this to be ready this year even, but am asking for his sake and the comfort of my wife….

Sadly I do not see this being ready for production for at least one or 2 more prototypes. So this year is not in the cards I am afraid.

Dang Dale, sorry to hear.
You best wrap up that M6 of yours :wink:

Hhmm. I got several ramping/Narsil SRK's at this point - 1 5,000 lumen M6, 1 6,000 lumens 5X Fing SRK clone, 1 5,400 lumens 4X Securitylng SRK clone. The M6 and 5X have a indicator light via a light pipe next to the switch.

Got others to do, like 2 SupFire L1's, a 7X SRK clone, a 3X SRK clone, and one more stock M6.

Dale - I wouldn't mind parting with the M6 or 5X Fing. Might still need the 4X SRK Securitylng for a little. pm me if you might be interested.

Yeah, I actually have the BLF A6. Awesome little light too…

EDIT: How do you reply to someone, ive been a lurker for a while new to posting….

If you want to quote someone there is a “quote” button in the bottom right corner of the post. Simply click that and it will bring you to a reply window with the message quoted.

Hi,

I’m interested in this light. Is it not too late to join the list?

Thanks!

No, not at all, and Welcome!

I took the Q8 proto with me for a 40 minute walk on some trails, mostly along an old concrete road. I could use it at ~1/4 power and have more than enough light to see the trail out a ways and full width of the road, but for a few minutes with no one around to blind, had it on max - it's just a spectacular amount of light. The glass breaker attachment I had in the tripod thread comes in real handy to find the switch, predictably on the opposite side. Really wasn't a bad carry light - before darkness set in, I had in my back pocket and it did fine there.

Ok thanks!

Count me in on the group buy of the Q8.

Great work by the way on the prototype!

Hi there

Long time lurker, first time poster…

If it’s not too late for me to get in on this then count me in please

Cheers

Thanks, and Welcome! Sure, not too late. Will be some time yet, but all looks very promising.

GITD front O-ring sounds like a great idea to me

If you can please put me down for a second Q8, I would appreciate it.

Count me in for one!

Count me in for second one please! :smiley:

I took the liberty to email Nitecore on their general mail address and asked if I could do a review on it.
They just replied that get have forwarded the mail to marketing.
Hopefully we can find out more about it :slight_smile:

Another problem I see with the TM06S is NiteCore's theme that tint don't matter - appears to be only available in CW. It's also been out about a year now, and is an upgrade to their TM06. I do like the shorter overall length though, at 117 mm, our proto is 135 mm, but of course ours has better heat sinking.

Looks interesting and I love these kind of lights.
Amazon.fr has it for €170 ($190) thank you tax hungry EU governments :smiley:

Thank you Tom, PM sent.

(excited in two ways, my B-I-L will be stoked and I will get to keep the Q8 I had originally ordered for myself. My S-I-L will still get his Q8 in the end, all is well with the world :slight_smile: )

Edit: Gifting this type of light to noobs is expensive! Just remembered I’ll have to give him a 4 bay charger and 4 top cells along with the light! UGH!

OK we need a little help:
We’ve not found a free way to convert files into a .pcb file, it seems there are some programs that can do it but they cost $. .brd files are what Eagle creates, .pcb looks like the files a competing software creates. I have Pilotdog68s .brd file and gerber files.
If somebody can do it, please pm me so I can email the files!