Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Hello Miller, Are they asking for gerber files? If yes many software can create gerbers.

The gerber files should be all they need to make the drivers, that is what they will be sending to the PCB manufacture anyways.

If they are demanding another format for a particular software (which PCB must be a proprietorial format, never heard of it myself) then that means they are wanting to make changes to the driver. In which case you have to ask yourself why they need to make changes?

If you let me know what software it is that uses this I can see what I can do, didn’t turn up much in a quick google.

From doin some online research, sounds like it could a few PCB design apps using this file name extension. We need more information on what program it's for.

But as TA said, they seem to want to change something, so would be nice to know their intentions - may be something simple or minor improvements, not necessarily a radical change. OSHPark imposes a few restrictions that they might not have with their fab house.

Thorfire send us how the Gerber files look and they seem comfortable with .PCB
Our contact is no engineer and only conveys what he is being asked.
So simple, maybe somebody on BLF actually knows .pcb and has accesss to software to convert Gerber files to that. If so fantastic please drop me a PM?
I see no need for speculation why ATM.

Sounds like a Program from Altium. Quite known for PCB design.

Hm, maybe the eevblog forum knows to convert for FREE.
@miller have you tried this Google search ?

“.pcb” site:www.eevblog.com/forum/

I am not familiar with Altium products, but out of my head I would say .PCB is the whole project file and from that you create the Gerber files.

I don’t know if this backwards work.

Joechina

If anyone can do torrents, check unto downloading altium designer that way- it’s supposed to do ,pcb from gerber.

Phil

Both Protel 99 and Altium produces .pcb files .

Can you ask what software they use ?

Protel needs the schematic in order to be able to create the pcb , the .pcb file means nothing on it’s own .

Q8 Prototype Updates

I swapped out the XPL's that were probably in the cool white range to XPL V6 3D's from Hank at IOS here. Shown here under UV, the orange glow means NW's, the old ones showed as white:

Re-soldered the wires:

But turned out they apparently were making contact with the reflector - hour or so of trouble-shooting (), one blown 7135, then replaced, so tried to flatten them down as much as I could, then the ol kapton tape came out:

I also lightly sanded the back of the MCPCB, and the shelf, but only light sanded shelf with this and 800 GRIT:

This is how it came out - only lighter black but somewhat smoother by knocking down the machine marks:

I did 3 separate tests and results indicate it's slight less than before with the originals, so I suspect the originals were V6 CW and even though the 3D tint is the same bin, I believe I usually see them measure less than CW at the same bin, but no real tests to back that up. Here's the results:

On Samsung 30Q BT's fresh off the charger (not rested) @4.21V:

• Lumens: 5,890 @start, 5,560 @30 secs
  • Throw: 52 kcd (429 meters), taken at 5m (may be higher at 10+ meters)

Using the battery tube with bypassed springs, on Samsung 30Q BT's fresh off the charger (not rested) @4.21V:

• Lumens: 6,360 @start, 5,950 @30 secs
  • Throw: 57 kcd (477 meters), taken at 5m (may be higher at 10+ meters)

Finally, same battery tube with bypassed springs, on SONY VTC6 w/solder blobs rested @4.22V:

• Lumens: 6,530 @start, 6,070 @30 secs
  • Throw: 58 kcd (482 meters), taken at 5m (may be higher at 10+ meters)

Here's the LEGO setup:

Closeup of the SONY tops:

Thanks djozz. Again nice testing. :+1:

You’re welcome, Steve! (always ready to accept a compliment :innocent: )

Good tests Tom, so much for taking a bit off I see :wink:

Nice! And with 4 XP-L W2’s on there the numbers only go up! :smiley:

Hey Tom? Did you get a PM about the light for my B-I-L?

Oh, yea! Been think'n bout it, didn't get back to you pm'ing now.

Prc8 it! I’ve already got a charger and cells coming from Illumn on the black Friday sales. :slight_smile:

Wow the bypass Lego was awesome. I still reckon it’s the way to go on the production run. Who doesn’t want more lumens for their $$ ?? :smiley:

I’m in for one.

YEAH! OP updated, passed 800 total.
Welcome to all new BLFers, great honor the Q8 made some lurkers into signing up :wink:

I’ll take one

Welcome to BLF!
Will update the list later!