Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Awesome …

Are you using 30Q batteries ?

Yep 30Q BT's - only cells I tried so far. Might pick up more VTC6's, or add the buttons myself. Dunno how it would do on SANYO GA's because the amps must be nuts.

Hahah so nice
You have real nice looking 35K lumen light and last month I saw a pic of that 30K lumens light from Vinz
Your has both more lumens and looks so much nicer with just one type emitter, respect!!

BTW what a huge spindle of solder you got there.

VTC6 is a 15 amp battery too .

A 30amp battery wouldn’t be better ? (I only know VTC5 and VTC5A that i use …) Less mAh but i think heat is the first problem that comes and not runtime :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit : For sure VTC6s will be better than the 30Qs

Tom, that’s insane! I like it! Don’t know what I’d use it for if I had one, but I like it.

Ha, what a conundrum! :smiley:

Yeah, I guess the subscribe button isn’t all that well placed. But the fact is that once I finally got that custom built notifications system working, I was so sick of messing with it that I didn’t feel like trying to move it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Once someone knows where to find it it’s no big deal IMO. Plus it’s only used if someone doesn’t want to post.

at 35k lumens it should be around 350W of power. 2s3p means that each cell should be providing around 60-70W worth of power. Or ~16-18A per cell roughly.

With GA’s the output would be less naturally although not sure if it would be enough less to make it “safe”, although I bet it would be ok since the amps would drop off pretty quick as the voltage dropped.

Either way, it is a proper amount of power.

I keep debating on how to go about building a monster light, my 17k lumen SRK is fun but I need more. I have plans for a 100k lumen monster but now that vhin (SP?) has crossed that barrier it kind of took the wind out of my sails lol.

I could be wrong, what with my memory and all, but seems to me that research done before I baked a light showed that the ano layer was being destroyed. So keep in mind that a baked light won’t be as durable in regards to surface hardness and oxidation resistance. If you look close at the baked surface you can see thousands of nearly microscopic cracks where the anodization was busted by the intense heat.

As far as the copper vs aluminum vs stainless vs Titanium thing goes, well, I didn’t spend $40 on a 3 pound chunk of copper for my triple XHP-50.2 just because it’s red. Copper allows more. Really that simple. SinkPAD knows it, Noctigon knows it. MaxToch knows it, and I know it. Anybody doubts it, build a few hundred lights with and without it, you’ll come around… (Like Nitecore and Thrunite)

I like Titanium everywhere but the pill. It is so much stronger that it can be made thinner, keeping weight to a minimum while maintaining an amazing strength ratio, and it almost acts as a blanket, not pulling heat from a copper pill and thus protecting the cells from overheating. That’s what I find, that’s what I like, everyone on the planet may have different opinions of course. For me, personally, I made and carry daily a full Titanium light with a copper light engine. It’s a quad 219C at some 3400 lumens running on an 18500 Efest IMR cell. With all the lights I have that I could carry, this is my preference. I don’t (and won’t) eat Lobster, Crab or Oysters. All this just is what it is, to quote Justin.

Hhhmm - Dale, I'll take a closer look at the surface. Actually got a microscope ordered, on the way.

vinh has the RC40vn40 using 32 XPL HI's and 4 XHP70's here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?426797-RC40vn40-40-000-Lumen-), does 40K, 165 kcd - little better than mine, but mine could probably get there with a UCLp lens and maybe the VTC5A cells, and mine would probably show 165-175 testing outdoors.

He's got a 100K light now? Ooh, yep, here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?430717-X65vn2870-100-000-Lumen-Light

Hahaha 28 LEDs for 100K, insane not practical but still hahahaha

Dale I’d like to know if you are as annoyed as I am with that Prince light, using insulated (by carbon fibre) copper tube while stainless steel would be nice heavy but much less good at getting the cell warm.
I love the looks but hate the material chosen for the tube such a waste since I like cool cells so no sale for me.

Of course copper or at least aluminum near the led matters, where the thermal path is narrow. Hmm, it seems stainless or Ti are actually useful elsewhere.

If it’s not too late please put me in for one Q8

Yup, the weight of aluminum and the strength of steel, that’s exactly why it was named Titanium. As in the Titans.

Of course low weight generally means less thermal buffer (total heat capacity), so lower turbo time. It's all tradeoffs.

Well
The strength of hardened steel
The weight of titanium
The cooling of silver
The ease to work with of aluminum
Isn’t that called unobtainium or wishnium? :smiley:

Will update list later :wink:

Perhaps wrapped in a piece of superman’s cape.

Tindrum42 here wanting to get in on this GB! Sign me up for one, maybe two. Thank You.

Welcome to BLF!
Will update list later.

Yeah also a rather strange material :wink:

With superman retina emitters. The biggest cooling effect comes from your hand so a thermally insulating tube probably isn’t the best notion unless it were insulated on the inside and conductive on the outside. Sort of the opposite of my wood tubes. :person_facepalming: