Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Yes - will be working on it, hopefully can get it in.

Parts layout:

Showing the part labeling better:

Basic parts list:

R1: 220K

R2: 47K

C1: 12-15 uF cap

C2: 0.1 uF cap

D1: Schottky Diode

R-FET: 12K

FET: SIR800DP

MCU: Atmel Attiny85

7135: 0.350 mA version

Thanks for your kind words!
Can you link to boxes on Banggood you are thinking about? Sounds like a good idea but will be a separate item, maybe a set or something recommended while placing the Q8 in cart.

Good work PD68! That’s a really nice board layout.

No sorry
After thinking I like to keep KISS (read sweetheart for last S :wink: ) our adagio, the light is complicated enough and packaging should simply suffice for it :wink:

I like how the vias spell out Q8. It’s a nice touch! Good work, PD68, you always have the best board designs. I’m so excited for this light!

If it’s a separate item then BG might not ensure the light actually goes into the box, or if they run out of boxes they might ship lights without them. If it’s a required part of the deal there should be a far better chance of compliance and thus we’d all get better-protected lights as shipped.

This could be integrated into the process of light testing without much ado since the lights are being handled individually at that point anyway. Good lights go into boxes for the rest of the process, failed lights don’t. Helps eliminate mistakes which nobody wants. Plus it gives BG another item to sell which I’m sure they would like rather than them being relegated to only handling the retail end of this deal.

I’ll look into what boxes BG has to offer later. If there’s going to be a problem I think it would be with obtaining the die-cut foam insert. Does anyone know if ThorFire has any experience shipping lights in foam insert boxes of any kind in the past? I’m pretty sure that BG has done boxed sets with our GB’s before but if they drop-ship from ThorFire directly to us that would add steps and costs to the process. Somebody over there is bound to be doing die-cut foam in the quantities we’d need, so I’m just airing my ideas to the group at this point to see if it might be a better way or desirable for the masses. I’d like it if it’s cheap enough but I’m just one voice in this crowd.

Phil

Now just throwing this out there, merely a suggestion, so NO booty jumping! :smiley: And since this is a premium SRK, wouldn’t it be nice to have a raised nickel plated copper battery contact ring , like on the Supfire M6? My original SRK is almost 2 years old and the contact plate is wearing,chipping and lifting off? The ring would last a few lifetimes, an heirloom if you will? :smiley:

please add me to the list

Missed your post as I was writing Miller. I’m good with whatever, I just thought others might like a cheap box too and that it might help solve concerns over shipping damage more easily.

Phil

This is shaping up to be an awesome light. You guys are doing a great job and I’m very excited for the finished product, maybe too excited. So I’mma just put this out there — don’t jump all over me, but I’m starting to get a bit nervous. This is looking like way more than a $40 light, with premium components everywhere, fantastic performance, top-notch construction, and all for peanuts. I know its what we all want here, but lets be realistic. Can you guys really get this light built and delivered for $40? Cause maybe its just me, and I know it goes against what BLF is all about, but I’d rather see the price get raised a bit than for corners to get cut at this point.

kawiboy, there are no plans on incorporate a ring like that.
It is going to be a challenge to get it GOOD as is so adding that ring would not only raise manufacturer costs but also add a change in spes while Thorfires EEs have now only to driver design to look at where the rest of the specs are clear, I prefer keeping it clear for now.

Dont get nervous, just be patient, we will not rush.
When we started we had a couple of extra features included for the same pricepoint.
The charging would be a lot more internal parts and a complete redesign of the button AND an part extra to put into the light.
Also the lighted switch to show cell status would hae meant more parts.
This is all cut back just so that the focus ould be put on the main parts for this price.
At the moment we think it is doable, especially for the groupbuy, but what Thorfire will ask for it afterwards we do not know and we think that will be maybe much more :wink:

Will the mcpcb be copper dtp ? Searched in the OP but i didn’t see it somewhere .

Also , count me in for 1 !

How about a ‘pure’ non-anodized version which leaves the aluminum bare!? …

Oh yeah I’m in, need a bookend for the M6 :partying_face:

Wow! Nice board and layout plus components. It looks like a winner already. Great job so far to all involved.

Add me to the list please.

Hmm skipping a production step AND have a very cool look….
But ano helps dissipate heat and keeps it in the same condition
Interesting idea though but need more input on it :wink:

Ah yes DTP stars is in specs put it back in op where it should have been.

Thanks to The Miller, Tom E and PD68 for these good news :slight_smile:

btw is that part for bat level indicator (not listed yet in “Basic parts list”) ?

G'Day The Miller, & team,

I have been watching this project with Great interest. And it is looking VERY GOOD.

Please put me on the list for 2 of Q8 BLF Special SRK (Neutral White).

Thank you Very Much,

George