Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

The solder is much softer than copper, I too always use solder blobs on twisty torches like this will be - have even found that button top cells will wear the contact ring on frequently use lights - and use soldered coppers washer on cells for lights with battery carriers or single cell lights

I was thinking hard about the washer suggestion. It looks like it would work great too.

But, then I got to thinking more about the whole thing…… a solder boob (blob) will do the job by itself.

If I start soldering other things that is just something that could possibly come loose and short everything out. Not good………… :person_facepalming:

I’m thinking the boob by itself is much, much, much less likely to come loose than one of the above mentioned.

Button tops are spot welded and I personally have never seen one of those come loose.

I think I am just going to do a good boob job on my flat tops and be satisfied. :slight_smile:

That is part of what in making the Q8 a totally different critter than previous GB’s. It should end up with production lights having no issues at all :sunglasses:

Still not seeing TF’s response but when the next proto round happens I think it would be good for someone to let the PCMCB get super-hot for an extended time then check for bubbling. Otherwise it may end up being a problem over time which doesn’t show up in short-term testing.

Seems to be the last potential issue. 3 cheers for the Q8 Team! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Phil

Having multiple members getting protos was also a big help, because I missed couple things, though both these new issues with the springs and MCPCB seemed to be more of an issue in the final round #3. Round #2 had bigger, better springs and did not see any bubbling in the earlier (smaller) MCPCB's..

I totally agree, this is a very unique group buy.
Hopefully since both Neal & Barry are very connected in the flashlight world, and (is) apparently with Thorfire also; a response from Thorfire about the MCPCB’s will be coming very shortly.

And yeah, a problem showing up with the MCPCB a short few months down the road would be VERY BAD also.

Exactly…. no one person can or does usually spot everything. The more hands & eyes on something the better the chance of flaws or defects being noticed & found…… so they can be addressed before full production ramps up & it is to late. :frowning:

Good job TEAM!!! :+1:
:slight_smile:

And now the weekend wait :frowning:

Hi The Miller, I know that Barry works for Thorfire (if it is the same Barry I think) & that the Q8 is going to be distributed through Banggood ?
What relationship does this “Neal” that I have heard mentioned have in the process ?
Is this the same Neal that used to be Banggood”s flashlight expert ?
I am just wondering if this is the same “Neal” as didn”t Banggood come on here & state that Neal no longer worked for them after the Cometa fiasco ?

Neal was working for BG at the start and is now no longer involved in the Q8.
Barry and Swi (BG) directly with us
Marunce (BG) via Swi and M4DM4X.

Thanks for the clarification TM :+1:

Ok…. Neal is on the GT project, NOT the Q8 anymore at this point. :+1:

As was stated way back in post 3284… . Got it…… :slight_smile:

so is the general concensus that solder blobs are more appropriate than copper nubbs soldered on for the Q8? I had been thinking a copper washer with a blob center, not sure if that would be possible…

Bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, the Q8 steps up to the plate…

Good one!! I like it…. :+1:

The Q8 take a massive swing at the first ball, he hits, and its out of here.

BLF’s got another chance to make history.
Or to be history.

Yep… and if I take your meaning correctly…… Let’s hope it is “make history”!! . :smiley:

Don’t know if this has been covered but won’t Panasonic NCR 18650B 3400mAh button top work for the Q8?

Yes they work fine
See my beamshots a few pages back, it is a little less bright

Is there any GB of code for them??

not aware of that but the are not expensive

beamshots with Q8 on 30Qs and Pana 3400 protected