Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Mmmm, maybe but not for me. I can’t imagine how difficult that would be to drive on snow and ice covered Maine roads*. Then the tires that would be required to put that power onto the pavement. No thanks, I just want a nice sedate and easy to control vehicle and I always have desired that after selling my ’68 AMX in ’74. I had all sorts of trouble keeping exhausts together on that until I had the shop weld it together. Phooey on that. Yeah, they’re fun, but a car is the worst “investment” anyone can make. It’s maybe worse than a boat which is a hole in the water that one throws money into.

In Maine very few of that sort of vehicle is seen. There are some, but very few. They simply aren’t practical for here; maybe the snowbelt. I don’t know about that though. When I do see them the sun is shining and the weather is warm and the owner has dusted it off and has taken it out for a “Sunday” drive. I saw one today, yeah, on Monday.

Last things first…… I don’t believe they did mention “how” they were testing the new boards.

And since you felt the need to bring up the car thing again……… nice opinion you have. To be placed right along with the rest of the opinions. :+1:

And I whole heartily agree with what you said here too… “It’s extremely amusing to see a lot of the more mature members be dragged into the internet debate muck…trollers gonna troll…”

They sure will…… no matter what form they take, or appear to take.

Where should those opinions be placed?

We don’t know how Thorfire is going to test the new board and we are not testing it before the Q8 goes into production, but again: we have to trust that they are dedicated in making a good flashlight as much as we are. Having to trust them maybe things will not be as good as we wanted it, but without that trust there would not have been a Q8.

You know as well as I do where they should be placed…. I don’t think you actually need a whole lot of help in answering that one.

But………. if you really do……. Ask someone else.

Any answer I might give could possibly be looked upon as controversial should it not agree with someone else’s. :wink:

I’m sort of confused as to why you are taking the stance as some type of authority here, especially on this thread. I was attempting to increase the understanding of the lexicon, not looking for a debate. Personally, I think that everyone’s opinion is valuable whether it adds to the discussion or shows what type of person they are. Who am I to decide if anyone’s statement is opinion or fact? Am I in the minority here?

I don’t post very often, and only do when I think I have value to add, but I will not devalue the position others hold even if it is opposite to my own. Looks more and more like CPF around here…

I don’t think that post was aimed at you anymore than djozz’s post was aimed at you. I’ve been wrong before though. Maybe djozz has it in for you. :smiley:

Just in case it went over your head, I don’t think that at all. What I posted was humor. Lighten up was my point and don’t take things so seriously or personally. I would backtrack and read back posts before posting anything more.

Sorry you are confused.

Your opinion carries no less nor no more weight than anyone else’s opinion… as far as I am concerned.
They are all just that…… opinions.

And as far as me taking a stance as being “some kind of authority” here… that statement is laughable.
Why would you even say or imply that?

You are the one that brought the car theme up again after we had been asked to drop it.
You seem to be the one who knows who is “mature” and who is not.
You seem to imply you know who is a troll & who is not.

Your opinion seems to be that the term daily driver & street car is interchangeable as far as this discussion goes.
That all works just fine with me if that is what you think.

But to say & imply the things you did about me above could also mean you have a bit of Projection going on.

Please note I said “could”……… because I have no idea. And really do not care besides the fact that if you imply those things about me…. you will get a response.
And this has been it. :slight_smile:

Hey who let the kinder-garden kids out

And here is me with no popcorn

Cheers David

Wow…… this is getting comical now. I am in uncharted territory. :wink:

Someone is now marking RUDE any and everything I post.
At least one person must have got their feelings hurt real bad yesterday……. or something. :person_facepalming:

Oh well, the number has probably grown as I wrote this………. :wink:

I think I will just retire for a while and go drive my little pitifully under-powered, but pretty economical to operate; daily driver out on the street a while.

Or…………… I might just fire up one of the M-1028’s and do some serious off road & leave the street behind.

Who knows………… :smiley:

Oh well, perhaps it’s a consolation it’s not marked as Spam!

…well it weren’t me! :innocent:

I’m just here for the flashlights, and the Ghost pepper chips, and coffee, and cars, and knives, and solder boobs, and funny jokes, and moon goddess electronica, and benefit auctions, and the occasional grump!

I don’t like hitting the SPAM button, though I occasionally do hit it. And I don’t like hitting the Rude! button, though I’ve done that also (but not recently). I do like arguing, but just for fun. When the fun’s over, I just want it to go away, like everyone else.

EDIT: Oh yeah, by the way. I don’t know exactly how it works, but I think if it’s just one person marking your posts as Rude!, it’s not too big a deal. You and the other person will probably both hear from SB about playing nice. But if it’s multiple people marking your posts, you’re probably in trouble. Just a guess, based on what I’ve seen. Like I said, I don’t really know.

Quarrel Hate… Oh now I get it… Q8… :person_facepalming: :beer:

Thanks. :slight_smile:

There’s a certain je ne sais quoi about products which come with source code and a screwdriver. The screwdriver, of course, is metaphoric, while the source code is quite literal. This transforms it from a product to a platform, something on which people can build, where everyone involved can benefit from everyone else’s efforts. (not that it needs any changes; it’s pretty close to optimal straight out of the box)

In contrast, I’m not sure what happened lately in this thread but at a glance it has a certain c’est quoi ce bordel about it. So I have a request to broadcast. When things get contentious, particularly when it’s enough that the ‘rude’ button gets involved, don’t take that as a challenge. Instead of posting while angry or frustrated (or responding to such posts), try to find something else to do. In particular:

• As a general guideline, please don’t escalate conflict.

And, in any social context, whoever talks the most may want to consider yielding the conch to others. I ran a script to tally posts per person over the past 10 pages and I’m #5 on the list, so I’m going to take that as a hint I should post less. I recommend that other top posters do the same.

That is terrible pommie! What a time to run out of Corn…… popcorn that is…. :wink:
(oh yeah… I have a call in to the Dr. for a refill of that med I ran out of too… :smiley: )

But in the meantime here I am…. somewhere in DarkTerritory, out past the Rude Abyss……. wandering aimlessly…. battery in my P-30 now dead & no backup. … :open_mouth: …… :person_facepalming:

Could someone in Alabama or at least the Southeast USA shine a TN42 skyward so maybe I can find my way home. :smiley:

On the good side however… it has been well over an hour since my last RUDE mark! I have been holding steady at 17 of 10…. …. so far. :+1:

You make a valid point above tatasal……… :wink:

DavidEF…. you never even crossed my mind. You do not seem the type person to do anonymous long range sniping. You seem, to me; to be the type person that says what be has to say and then that is that. I like that…… :+1:

Interesting take on “Q8” hIKARInoob…… looking at the last 24 hours or so, you might be on to something. :smiley: … Hopefully not though…….

And to think…. all this apparently started over a relatively short & peaceful discussion of the meaning of “daily driver” & “street car” and what the terms actually mean to differing people in differing segments of society. And even that was an offshoot of a discussion of gasoline, E10, E85… with a small dose of NitroMethane thrown in for good measure. My… my. :slight_smile:

Oh wait…. I see something that looks like a Goddess holding a light saber…. standing on a big rock out here in DarkTerritory.

Maybe…. just maybe, it is TK & she can show me the way back.

“As far as I know”, I have not peturbed her…… :wink:

hmmmm… how is that done TK? Just curious mind you. :slight_smile:

I can take the hint without it, but I would like to know how it is done.
As long as it does not involve super technical skills that is…… :person_facepalming:
Edit: c’est quoi ce bordel ……. that does seem appropiate.

Sooo, you think higher on the list is bad?
Maybe it’s good? When you remove the context, it’s meaningless numbers. Don’t you agree?

I assume The Miller is number 1. How could that be seen as a negative?

Oo, oo! I just had an idea to seperate on topic talk from off topic. Does the forum software have that setting that can hide text unless you click on it like websites use to hide spoilers? If not, maybe all off topic text can be written in red or a certain color and all on-topic stay the same black or white?

Grrr, I can’t find a way to do that either. Hmmm, maybe all off topic stuff should be underlined?

Is this confusing or does it readily look like something off topic?

As I was requested to give notification of any post edit…. here it is.

Post #9060 was edited. Reason is explained in post #9060 edit.

That is all for now.
Thank you for reading,
and have a nice day.

@The Miller: sorry to bother you, i still dont have my name on the interest list.

Thanks.

Maybe it would be best to just delete the post instead of editing it.