Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Get real guys… a spam filter?? :person_facepalming:

This thread has been off topic so many times on so many different subjects it would almost be impossible to count. Batteries, solder boob jobs, solder stations, caves, tool belts, off topic posts about off topic posts, medical problems, surgeries, and the list could go on & on. These are just a few I recall at the moment.

Several hundred posts back there was even a long off topic discussion about off topic discussions & how they had alwaye (always) been a part of this friendly forum. Especially when there was a time of no news concerning the OT. (Original Topic)

Remember…… People just interacting & having fun??

And now during this time of “no news on the Q8” a few posts about cars has the thread police wanting a spam filter??

YMMV… and that is just fine. But my personal opinion of that idea is that it borders very close to ridiculous.
…………………….
Edit: 1 for spelling correction, 1 for clarification purpose. Explained in depth Here

:smiley:

No there is a clear distinction between some off topic chatter and a real new topic that gets lots of answers and discussion. So it is very logical that such things (soldering equipment, car lamps, groupbuy/discussion on aftermarket ledboard and now high HP cars) get a new topic, when it is done as is today on the car thing please post there about that and refrain from dragging up discussion on off topic for some light off topic chatter is nice, pointing to things one find ridiculous and is a passed station can be done via pm son to keep this topic light and friendly.

Djozz just emailed Thorfire about the springs which is nice before they start their working day.
Thorfire is testing the ledboard so we expect some results this week hopefully Tuesday (the day most emails are send from Barry)
Narsil is going to be downloaded from the google share.
So pretty close but uncertain when

We will just have to agree to disagree The Miller…. or not.
Semantics about what is or is not “off topic” is nothing more than a game of personal opinion.
IMPO of course.

That is cool Mr.T :wink:
Ah I have another request for you, please can you refrain from editing older posts and just write a new post with correct info?
Reason is that I see for example 28 new posts, only to discover 5 new and one edited post by you 23 posts up.
When I see a lot of new posts it kind of worries me and with your often long posts it can be confusing to see posts below your edit with info I know I have read before, giving me more worries for i misread it as a repeating discussion thst can lead to not friendly and nice things, only to discover how it is (an edit of an old post)
I have used up my GB of data so the next couple of days it all goes slow (kb/s vs mb/s slow :wink: ) on the phone (main way of reading and posting now) so the slowness and small screen makes it a bit tricky.
Would be greatly appreciated!

Then it seems we are cool Mr. TM. :wink:

As far as the remainder of what you are “asking”…. I am somewhat at a loss.

I know what you are referring to, it happens whenever someone edits a post in any thread.

But I edit so rarely I cannot for the life of me figure out how this is an issue to you or anyone else. If however it is, maybe we should just visit with sb and ask him to do away with the ability for anyone to edit their post.

I surely can relate to the problems associated with a phone…. I am on one as I write this. :person_facepalming: If I run low on data… I just buy some more.

As far as not going back and editing a post that has spelling errors in it or something that were to turn out as incorrect or mis-information. It just gives me pause to not continue doing that. Continuing to do it as I always do of course… making a notation of the Edit so it is plain for any & all to see. Or making notation at the bottom of the post if it was for a spelling correction.

In keeping a clear conscious as relating to accuracy…… I just find it hard to not do that should & when the ocassion arises.

But, if it helps you out; I will be most happy to create a new post linking to the post I might have had the ocassion to edit. :+1:

:slight_smile: To:…. Whoever marked my post #9052 just above as RUDE. You are a real piece of…… work. :+1:

Kindest regards and as always, remember to Keep Moving Ahead. :slight_smile:

Thanks. Yeah it probably is tgebcombo of slow internet and small screen causing the confusion at my end.

If it weren’t for this thread, I’d have never learnt bout Ghost Pepper Corn Chips! Yum. Cars? Yawn…… Shut it down!

Sure. I know, for me; when I have to use the phone …… it is usually a less than pleasant experience as well as confusing.

Add me for a second Q8.
My first number on the list is 467.

Thanks

yep will do next list update :+1:

Thanks, I want to see myself on the list too.

/\\\\
(EDIT: The post this was referring to has vanished… so this does not make a whole lot of sense at this point…… to most anyway. :slight_smile: )

I was not disappointed……… :wink:
Thanks ‘little guys’, enjoy that meal mommie fixed for you…….

Now now Teacher, take your meds and have a lay down :sunglasses:

Cheers David

Edit, phat fingers

In keeping with the apparent spirit of things David, I started to mark what you said RUDE! … :rage:

BUT… it was just too darn funny to do that…… :+1: … :smiley:

Hmmmmmm… come to think of it I did run out of one a few days back. :open_mouth:
But it just helps me ignore … …… .
Wow…. maybe it really does work!!! :open_mouth::smiley:

Think I might go take that nap now……. :wink: … Take care friend…. :+1:

So having popped in to check the shipping date, as I saw 252 new posts… in summary to save other’s time:

1. Springs being worked
  1. This forum needs a moderator

Notification of Post #9047 Edit

As Requested & and Agreed to by me, this post is to inform anyone that cares to know that I have made a slight edit in post #9047.

The edits are:

• A spelling mistake corrected. It will now appear as this in post #9047…… alwaye (always)
  • Clarification of the abbreviation ‘OT’ used in post #9047… the following will have been be added…. (Original Topic)

That is all for now.
Thank you for reading,
and have a nice day.
:slight_smile:

I hear you my friend, but only as they might relate to the Q8. :+1:

It seems the question was asked back here in post #8334 , and the term “boob” was used when it was asked. Much to the credit of the asker of the question I might add…. the term seems to have stuck.
It has continued to be used right on up to post #9048 so far.

Much good information relating to the Q8 was discussed in the ensuing 714 or so posts since the first mention of solder boobs.
And as was so aptly pointed out by a member in this Post …. when comparing button top batteries to boob top batteries……… boobs always win. :wink:

I personally……… whole heartily agree. :+1:
……………
This post with links is provided as a service to anyone who does not have the time nor inclination to search out the answers as to button top vs. boob top battery performance in the Q8.

It’s extremely amusing to see a lot of the more mature members be dragged into the internet debate muck…trollers gonna troll…

Also, “daily driver” means exactly that, something that is driven daily. It does not mean economical from a fuel consumption perspective nor from a financial one. It does not mean “stock” which it seems like some think that they are synonyms. For the population that most frequently use the word (automotive enthusiasts), it doesn’t mean that it is a car that anyone else would consider practical in the common perception, but simply that it has merit enough to drive every day, putting the slow miles commuting in rain or shine.

If one were to claim that nobody is interested in a 500hp “daily driver”, imagine if Toyota or Ford said the next hot-hatch would have a turbo 2.5L making 500hp for the same price as the 1.6L making 190hp… I bet they sell like hot-cakes. Even the Ford Raptor is 450hp stock and those sell like crazy.

But I digress from the topic at hand: the Q8. Did TF mention how they are testing the new led boards? Just curious… Thanks.