Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Well I cant even explain what I want to convey here
see the top side as a ring, then from the outside of the rind 3 cut outs are made, shallow and just so much untll the inner side of the ring is just opened up so light can escape.

I hope this helps al little

Mmm I don’t know if I like that as much. Seems like the inside of those dimples could end up very sharp to the touch

yeah it probably would need extra work to round it down smoothly

For looks I prefer one without any dimples/holes/grooves
But it must have at least 3 to have some light shine through if placed on head.
I am out of ideas here, gave two different designs
Like the Thijsco as well but that has more openings

And Djozzes is what I kind of was going for here but with the smallest possible opening and the cuts from the outside so to not create artifacts in this floody light, taking material from the inside out will make more edges for light to bounce of.
please help i am dry on this part.

What about just 3 very slim notches… easy to machine and little/no beam artifacts?

How about four small cuts in the head exactly where the lens sits?

Same size (width) as the small dimples in the fins and aligned with them.

Bezel flat.
Still able to see light

You ask I deliver: (imagine that the smaller part, on the right, are the threads)

It would be difficult to keep it waterproof.

EDIT,

Another one!
Some dimensions, (these are not based an a actual SRK or this Q8 design, they are just for illustration purposes)
O.D. 50mm
Cutouts are only 0.5mm (!) deep.

I like a lot the second one thijsco ! Even better of it had 4 (a little smaller) cutouts instead of 3.

So isn’t this what everybody is talking about? Looks great to me. And then make the nothes the shape of the A-sides, but as small as drawed by Djozz. Or is this idea discarded?

Like this? :innocent:

Dont worry, I go to sleep now.

That’s it :wink:

Oke, just one more….
Dutcheee and Djozz, did you mean this?

P.S. sorry for all that spam :innocent:

I love all the collaboration and attention to detail that is happening here.

Cheers to you all!!

Love it!

Haha, huge discussion about the “crown”

Yes THIJSCO ROCKS here!

I see two possible options here.
First this is a point where we cant have all
we cant have a flat bezel AND a way to see light
It is going to be a choice.
I do like the little holes for their function, but it makes the bezel too high.

It has to be an uneven number of cut outs, that is established to counter alignment issues (uneven does not align, no issues ;))

So it is between these two for me:

and 2

Thijsco told me in the second one the elevated part is just 0.5mm higher
I like this one if the pic on the right can be made just a tad flatter as it is in the pic left.

I’d be concerned with holes directly in the side of the bezel as it may produce artifacts with the light being used normally. Could be wrong though.

Yes I think so too, a reason for still thinking option 2 will be less of an influence on the beam because its small elevation and not so sudden cut offs.

Sidenote, V5 with a little tweak (changed grey at tripod mount to black) is send to Thorfire. Current V5 to be found in OP

If choice between 1 and 2…I like #1 better

+1

Maybe you should start a poll The Miller, to elect the new :crown:

If anyone cares, I’d also rather have the series resistor than the pulldown. It’s purely for mod/experimental purposes; my firmware won’t work with a pulldown.

Well I kind of hope for some more input/insights
And for now I try to not think about liking but what is best
(I mean a very low flat bezel now that I would like most in terms of looks and beam. Yet the point of being able to see if it is on is too practical to ignore.