Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Mine arrived today as well. Running the 30Q’s … this is an awesome setup. Thanks BLF and all that helped created this beatiful beast.

I recieved my button top 30Q from Banggood as well and got the same raised flat tops.

They also had an extra partial wrap of clear plastic which covered the positive posts (maybe to allow for air shipping?). I had to remove that.

Then I noticed that one cell had the clear wrap not centered. It’s got too much on the negative and not enough on the positive. It looks like it’s falling apart. Do you guys think its alright or should I contact banggood about it?

Hopefully no one else has this problem.

Well. Mine arrived today. Went back and read through the Two Hundred Fifty + posts to get caught back up on this, before posting anything. Sure makes it hard for anyone to keep track of relevant information. That was 250+ in less than 2 Days.

Ordered on Sept 7 with the Free Priority Air Mail
Shipped Sept 8 with some YT tracking
Arrived at FedEx location in CA, USA Sept 12
Arrived in PA Sept 17
Turned over to USPS Sept 18
Out for delivery today (Sept 19) and received.
Yeah it took longer to cross USA than it did from China to USA including Customs. But 12 days is faster than normal for me.

I have not taken anything apart other than the tail cap and tube. No glue so far is a plus.
I haven’t read the destructions… and 4 fast clicks killed it, so I thought…. unscrewed batts and it was alive again.
Switch LEDs are uniform brightness. Seem to work as they should in some of the previous discussions.
Screws are set under (lower than) the brass contact ring. This is something to check Before inserting batteries. A cross threaded screw, not threaded down completely, could be Dangerous.
All emitters are equal brightness on Lowest mode.
Anodize is nice and uniform on all separate parts. Even down in the fins. I wish it was less glossy but the knurling is just right for good grip.
Ever so slight gap under the bezel to head but that assures the parts retained under it are good and tight. No gap could mean things are potentially loose.
No finger prints under the glass or on the reflector.

Overall, I am very impressed with it so far.
Thank you to ALL that participated in getting these made for the price point.

All my 30Q are flat top so I found some Brown HG2 flat tops that are slightly raised. LG ICR18650HG2 - Hi Drain 18650 - 3000mAh Not saying to buy them there for $7ea but the description and pics are there and they work well in the Q8. Just thought I would mention them as I haven’t seen these listed yet. If anyone that has some and could post outputs with HG2 I would be greatful.

And a couple teaser pics

This is an obvious assembly defect. I would not use the cell like that. I’d just rewrap it but that’s because I already have wraps lying around. If you don’t, I think you should contact them for a replacement. Your Q8 can run fine on 3 cells for a while.

Always annoying to receive batteries with wrapper defects although since this is an unprotected battery it’s relatively easy to fix the wrapper yourself if you don’t want to deal with having BG replace it. Since the wrapper is too heavy on the negative side, it’s easy to remove it - just snip (perpendicular cut) a part of the excess so that you can peel the rest off with your fingers then put on a new wrapper and just use a hair dryer. If you don’t already have spare wrapper it’s only around $1 shipped from China for a small roll but you’ll have to wait a couple weeks to get it.

Thanks xCentrino! That double click, double click, click to police strobe is perfect! :slight_smile: I have Narsil in a little FandyFire Rook running an 18500 cell to an SBT-70. You know, practice. lol :wink:

Mi light is almost here, Fedex has scheduled to deliver it on Thursday 9/21 by the end of the day, I thought that USPS was the one that was going to deliver it? For the people that already have it, Who delivered your package in the USA?

Thanks!

USPS

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1425/10012801/2157400

Fedex to USPS.

USPS to my house.

I found them scattered on the floor, behind my gate. Appeared mail lady dropped them over the gate same height if not more then the drop test on first page. I do have a no trespassing and beware dogs sign, so I understand safety first.

Thanks! :beer:

Received my Q8! Love it very much, especially the no step UI. Thanks all for make this happen :+1:

Many thanks all for the click guidance to get the strobes.
I was timing out partway through while trying to read the instructions ….

Three doubleclicks for bike strobe, two doubleclicks click for police strobe — perfectly useful info.
(thank you interface designers for not programming in nine-one-one for the police strobe …)

I can’t see the difference between “police” and “bike” strobes — both seem to be the “stutter strobe” invented here, I think by TK, which is very attention-grabbing.
Nevermind, I was just too slow on my third double-click

Tailcap — my two have felt a bit rough — alternating smooth/scrapey sounding as I tighten them.
I think maybe they’re just slightly oval from however they were clamped to cut the threads.
A little lube on the threads helped.

I found one fragment of metal visible alongside the red PCB in the tail of the light, lifted out with the edge of a business card. Scraped off something and just floating there.

Just ordered my first Q8. Expected shipping date is Oct. 19…

Bike strobe, Seen here

Police strobe seen here

Edit: you ninja edit on me :smiley:

correct. what u need to do is go past the first strobe to the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. Then you can long press and go backwards to the others.

Got my Q8 today, and apparently there’s another hidden feature, at least according to Banggood:

spark it up! I’m sure you’re no stranger, “Herb”…

My Q8 arrived today! A comparison shot with a can and a Meteor: