Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Then 5 or 6 days more to “Arrivée en France ROISSY HUB BSCC PIC (93)”
And then 1 or 2 days more to “chez le meunier” for your photon shower :sunglasses:

Ça va déchirer grave!
I’ll be watching north-west… see if anything strange shows in the night sky… :smiling_imp:

Glad for that. Just a small suggestion: maybe make the “factory reset” procedure a ittle more prominent.

Heheh I am not going to check it now that it is on route
Just it is the only one of which it is certain what place it has in the avalanche of orders
So with all the excitement I broke my own rule of order and forget.
Can’t wait to have the proto and production next to each other with 30Qs and Panasonic protected to see if there is a noticeable difference though :wink:

Oh ehm, awaiting an answer from Thorfire, I have prepared an important update / statement but can’t post it without confirmation all is 100% correct. What I must say to stop people from checking their shipping status is, stop checking your shipping status, it is not likely to change, give me a day and I’ll post how things are going.
For now, just relax, enjoy the cool beamshots of those receiving theirs.

AUUUUGGGHHHH!

I feel like this dog. Just replace the voice talking about “Food” with The Miller talking about “Q8”. If I had the talent that this youTuber has, I would redub the vid.

hahahaha. seen it, funny every time :slight_smile:

Sorry for another battery life question, but, The Miller, are you going to use Panasonic NCR 18650R in one of yours?

hmm think the basic green Panasonic protected 3400mAh they are called ‘B’ right
not for long, just to see the difference!

Somewhere, also in those pages back, Martin (M4D MAX) mentioned the next batch was expected to be ready for shipping at the end of this month.

Just received my Q8 and I have to say, it’s one good looking light! :+1:

Ordered: Sept 7 at 1100 (the morning the messages went out)
Received: Sept 19 at 1500 (Atlanta, GA with regular shipping)

I’m really surprised at the ship times. Normally shipping from Banggood takes 3-4 weeks; I got mine in about a week and a half with regular shipping.

Well done to The Miller and everyone involved :beer: :beer: :beer:

Ordered on the 7th, showed shipped on the 8th, arrived today on the 19th. 11 days. Ordered it with free shipping. Everything looks great. Using 30Q button tops from Liionwholesale.

I was expecting mine today according to Fedex, but it got delayed until tomorrow. It is in town, so I’m excited.
I may be wrong, but I think I read, these first lights were drop shipped. So it was outside of Banggoods, normal shipping. I’ve ordered from Thorfire in China, and it seems more in line with their shipping, than Banggood. Not dissing Banggood, I’ve received items in less then 2 weeks from them before. My record is 9 days :+1:

So if I am in ramping mode and i go to the first strobe and pause at all I cannot move on to the next strobe?

My batteries on the charger but was inspecting the light. The lanyard attachment that I got works fine if I put a washer between it and the rubber washer.]

Does anyone elses tail cap feel really rough? I almost thought mine was unable to be removed it felt REALLY bad. I cleaned it up a bit and added super lube and it feels better but not great. The anodizing is scraping off some of the threads. The threads into the body feel great.

That’s correct. Because the “fast clicks” used to progress to the next level have to be executed within about 1.2 seconds. Which is quicker than you would need to identify which blinkie mode your in.

I find it easier to:
2x to turbo
2x to 1st level strobe
Then 4 quick clicks to progress to #5 long beacon.
Then you can pause to recognise the level,
Then slower medium length press + hold down to go the level #4…3…2…1 ea with pauses in between.

NOTE: the above described medium click and hold is just one push of the button, not 2.

Once you learn the blinkie you’ll use, you can quick click right to it, for example, #3 bike strobe =
2x turbo
2x strobe (#1)
Then 2 more quick clicks in less than 1.2 seconds.

When you say medium clicks up go to 4,3,2,1 you are not in ramping mode?

@davidkappelt
No you can’t. Because the lamp locks itself into a mode. The strobe modes behave like normal modes. The timout for this is around 1.2 sec… If you pause the next click turns the lamp off.
But you can go backwards through the modes with a click and hold (and go then forward)

It doesn’t matter if you enter the strobes from RAMPING or from MODES.

No, not ramp just jumping between blinky modes. 5 thru 1

Each time you press and hold down button it advances to the previous level, you would have to repeat action to advance to each level, separately. But you have no time limits in between.

Check out JasonWW video

Nope. :expressionless:

Edit: with a little practice you can click right into the mode you want. I have my klarus xt11s for my insta strobe needs.

Of the Q8 blinky modes I like these two.

Bike strobe: Double click > double click > double click

Police strobe: Double click > double click > click

Just saw the postman driving off this afternoon, so I can pickup mine tomorrow (and 2nd one comes tomorrow too).

Postman wanted to drive back to my house, but told him not to bother ;) I had to charge some cells first anyway :)