Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Put me for 1 please @The Miller.
cheers,

Sorry to ask but how do I reserve one please I am newly registered on this forum.

I think you just did :wink:

Edit. Cristhemuso,
To be more specific, typically a simple post saying something like, “put me down for 1”. Or simply “I’m in” will get you on the list.
Sometimes there are payment options or accessory options that need to be specified. That information will always be listed in in post number one. You can also check and see that your name has been added to the list in post number one or two.

Honestly you should just send me all of your money before China takes it :wink:
Welcome to BLF.

Welcome to BLF!
Cool first post for the Q8!

I will update OP later.

Just so you’re clear the list that The Miller is keeping is simply an interest list, no real commitment is made. Either tommorow or an eternity from now, depending on how patient you are, there will be a next step where you actually need to find some cash to commit.

Sounds quite similar to DrJones lumodrv firmware in the UI.

As I recall Lumodrv had the following interface:

• long press from off: low. Will then start ramping up if you continue holding The light had something like 17 ramping brightness steps.
  • quick click from off: last used mode
  • quick click from on: turn-off. Only works if light has been on for at least 2 seconds.
  • double-click from off: turbo
  • triple-click from off: medium (20%)
  • quad-click from off: strobe
  • 5-clicks from off: battery checker
  • click and hold from on: ramp-up. Release and then click-and-hold again to ramp down.
  • If you ramp all the way to low and continue holding the light will flash after a couple seconds and then enter momentary mode. Disconnect battery to exit momentary.
  • If you ramp all the way to turbo and continue holding, the light will flash after a couple seconds then enter optional strobe modes.

Overall, Lumodrv is one of my favorite UIs. About the only things I’d like improved:

• Reduce the time period the light needs to be on before a quick click turns it off from 2 seconds to 1 second.
  • Add a temp sensor
  • Increase PWM rate to inaudible levels.

Would be nice if Narsil in this light had the same UI.

Hhmm, ok, gotta study that more. Yea, lot of overlap there. Actually I didn't try to copy or emulate that, but went off of posts of people describing their preferred ramping. Our ramp level count is 128 right now, ramps in about 2.5-2.8 secs.

Ohh - I see. Couple of things there I would not do, but think I understand it. With Narsil, when ON, one click always turns it OFF - no wait time at all.

Also in Narsil, dbl-click from OFF or ON will go to max/turbo (adding from ON, currently does from OFF only)

PWM is at 15.6 kHz.

There’s really only so many actions a person can make when picking up a light and asking it to deliver ….especially with ramping .

I’d try to avoid #1 the press and hold for moonlite mode or like Olights U.I… Every time I play with the S-15 I seem to be fumbling with it …If i used it all the time I’m sure it would be easy . But I wouldn’t say it’s at all intuitive .

1. sounds like the better choice

Looks to me like “hey that car has four wheels and a steering wheel as well”
The basis on off ramp start double click for high is very logical.

DrJones had given us input, on the driver parts. Idk how much he likes sharing software though :wink:

Ok, then #3 it is!! Started on it, work'n on it now - not much time though this eve

Thanks Boaz! Was wait'n for one more vote

I like the progression - turbo to strobe, for example. I have that in my non-ramping modes now. The UI should flow, not always easy to accommodate. The 4th and 5th level of clicks is a little crazy though.

I got triple click support in there now, just not sure how to assign it - strobe (if configured), batt check, or lock-out.

cool!

A noob question. Would making it hard anodized drives the price higher? And how much? I like it when its hard anodized, for durability. Thanks :innocent:

Interested!

I was thinking the same thing. I think its clear this UI is evolving on it own, and I’m glad its shaping up to be similar to Dr. Jones Lumodrv because I too am a huge fan of that UI. I have it in three headlights and in my Supfire M6 Mod2. I swiched out the star firmware driver with a lumodrv one and like my M6 alot more now.

There are only so many ways a ramping UI with one button can work and I’m happy how this one is progressing.

We haven’t even discussed this with Thorfire, I think they do HA3 on all other lights.
Yet I prefer, strongly prefer type 2
It means put those black parts on the gasflames of a stove and see thembchsnge color
Black red orange copper platinum grey Li’s the order and all really nice and shiny
And I for one want something else then just black, the end range grey of just before platinum seems ideal.
Hence type 2 instead of HA3 :wink:

As I am leaving this light to my descendants, I want HA3 anodising.

And Thorfire's Type 3 anodising is Very nice.

Well as I said, it is not discussed, but for me Type 2 is much nicer to make it look dfferent.
its not like Type 2 is popping of super easy (LOL the only light I have that pops off anodisation in the Kronos X6 that looks like a mess and seems to toss chips of black when somebody just looks at it, that is not nice done HA3)

Before you make statements like that....post the pic please. I have 30 in an industrial environment that have not chipped (yes I bought them - not freebies or samples)

Well Bugsy36, it is what it is, I have no issues with the X5 (and heat treated that) or its Astrolux counterpart where the ano stays good. Just putting the X6 on the outside of my pants by the clip made ano come loose, probably parts that were flukes, no worries I know that can happen, its just funny that the only light I have with real poor ano is the HA3 X6 :wink:
And yes I can say my observations and no I do not have to go trough the trouble making, uploading and sharing pics, you are not BG CS and I am not opening a ticket. Also I did not post it in your Kronos threads now did I?
You’ve had enough drama there as it is and I am a peaceful respectful guy you know.
If you want me to I will gladly wait for your next Kronos special and make an excellent question post about ano with pics to warn on what could happen after just a few times use. But since I consider it a manufacturer mistake and nothing structural I am also more then happy to let it go. It’s up to you now that you stepped in “almost” acting like I could not tell the truth and should provide evidence as if my word is not good enoufh. In my own topic. And no matter how peaceful and respectful I am, a basic amount of trust and respect is what I expect from all BLFers especially openly in my thread.

And again for me it is the option to easy change the color into a wide variety of beautiful shiny colors that makes type 2 more attractive to me AND we did not even discuss it with TF.
I guess it will be most easy for them to use what they use on the other lights so see that happen.

So, you find it perfectly acceptable to post negative comments concerning the Kronos X6 on your thread…and demand no response? Really? I have no problem with negative comments, but to expect your comments to go unchallenged is a problem, and a red flag.

I sense that you like creating drama and then like to point it out…playing up how “peaceful and respectful” you are, and how you “expect” a “basic amount of trust and respect from all BLFers especially openly in my thread”.

Practice what you preach.