Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

No, my try is now officialy a dagger, Mr. Miller. :wink:

Mail is sent

Well spoken! Thatā€™s what I was thinkingā€¦finished way back. ptwwtp

No idea what ptwwtp means

1 We are waiting for input from Thorfire about outside design head (the CAD drawings contained lots of errors)

2 we wait for input of TF about internal construction.

3 Tom is programming.

4 Just this morning the specs were send to China via Jack-bkk.

5 Pilotdog68 is making the last changes to the driver design and uploads it to Oshpark when done.

6 If 5 is done the waiting for them to arrive at Tom starts.

7 Tail PCB discussions have not given actual design inputs or new attention so for now we will ask TF what they have in mind when the head, internal structure, led board is clarified. Or submit what we have now.

Ah the led board deserves attentions, will post that later.
It is send to TF but there are other things that need to be finalised so there is room to discus it here.

As with all things, when input comes it is acted upon, so Narsil came up and is acted upon on this Sunday.

Plan the Work Work the Plan. It (sudden logo change) just seems way out of placeā€¦ kind of like last minute type stuff that changes projects. We have seen this in the past. ā€¦potential for disastrous results. No response necessary. Stay on track

Ah I thought I had posted this already and that is did not gain attention. But I probably closed tab/browser/pc before actual posting.
So here goes with a title change to make it clear:

The specs say Copper DTP stars.

But talking and even very early in the project it was mentioned how nice it would be to have a real good copper quad MCPCB.

Jos designed a few.
This was an early design:

(already an adaptation of the first idea)

Then instead of 1 hole to screw the reflector down it became clear we needed two screws, this to avoid possible damage to the LEDs when tightening the refelctor (two screws make rotation impossible)

So Jos made new designs, adapting the reflector in the process so it can accommodate thick wires.
This is send to Thorfire but we have time to make changes since we are still focussing on the head outside and inside construction and it is best to tackle 1 topic at the time to avoid language problems or confusion.

We want to ask Thorfire to sell these parts for modders to upgrade their SRKs.

I probably missed this but ā€¦ is the reflector planned to be made from metal or plastic?
K.

Kusie you startled me, is it not in the specs?!?
But pfoei, there it is:
Optics
ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ Aluminium reflector ā€¦ā€¦. same top sizes as the older SRK reflector

Uh oh, sorry for the confusion, should have looked in the OP first :blush:

I donā€™t get the sword logo either. Put the sword on the driver PCB if you want a reference for people who know what it means. For others, itā€™ll look ridiculous. As in: whatā€™s a broken sword doing on a flashlight? I much prefer the abstract thorfire logo.

Mod parts available looking very good. This Q8 really does have the potential of being one of the best lights ever built.

We really can drop the sword - thanks for the thoughts but no need. We got more important things to work out anyway.

Yes please the markings are the least important of the whole light, shift attention to the Jos designs of LED board and reflector.

I really like Josā€™ DTP board. It would be amazing to have this available as a part. Donā€™t suppose there is a way to fast-track this?
Thanks TM and gang for great work!

Please put me down for 1.
Thanks

Yes we will ask Thorfre to make it available for sale.
This could also make the inentive of developing this new part greater.
I think a lot of SRK owners would love to have this.

Now they are not selling parts, but I think they should, also for example the new C8 driver with moon would be ver interesting.
And of course the Q8 Narsil driver.
So this parts selling is for sure something we will present and urge TF to do.

ā€¦or ask someone to make it who has made DTP boards before. I think Hoop has, and then there is obviously Cutter, Hank, who else? If we get one of these guys to make the boards, there is a greater likelihood of them being available separately from the light.

The board needs a matching reflector, it will not be so versatile as the triple 20/32mm Noctigons that match the widespread Carclo and Ledil optics. And Hank even did not want to continue his 32mm Noctigon because of the limited sales.

I would even be surprised if the emitter hole-spacing of all 4-emitter SRK reflectors is the same

Iā€™m in. If safety is not adequate, I will bail out though :wink: Thanks for the hard work guys.

Please put me down for on more, thank you.

yeah, hmm letā€™s involve other parties if it is absolutely needed :wink:
If TF chooses to adopt this quad MCPCB it is more appealing for them to develop it knowing they will sell more. If we have them made elsewhere the demand will go down for the manufacturer of the Q8, costs higher. So in this stage not really helpful I think :slight_smile:

That is for the real commercial parties you mention.
The idea of some prototypes by HOOP for example is very appealing.
When PD68 is done with V3 of the driver board Tom can order them and weā€™ll have 3 V1 and V3 Narsil drivers. Combining them with a copper MCPCB prototype and XPL NW leds in a fairly good SRK clone will give a nice idea. And 1 could be send to Thorfire with the driver for them to actually see what we mean (though digital via images is also showing something)

OP updated