Questions About ThorFire Deals/Products

Or a VG10 host group buy :partying_face:
That way we can put warm tint, triples etc in ourselves

:+1: Gotcha
My post was a bit reactive, sorry.

Yep!

The VG10 makes a great hostā€¦built 4 with fets and dedomed leds.

No biggie, things get lost in translation

Looks like there is a lot of interest.

If you want to sign up you are welcome to join:

Although not an official Group buy, I am open to organize it as long as there is no one offended by it.

[quote=Lightbringer]

Perhaps they had unlimited coupons. I saw people posting that they bought a bunch
On the other hand, people ( meaning me :sunglasses: ) got upset because they sold out. So someone got a couple dozen and others got none.

I have no experience with wholesale but I think TF would be open to arrange a volume discount.

I received my VG15S yesterday and I love it. I love it so much once Iā€™ve finished my review Iā€™ll be giving it away to anyone who is lucky enough to win it.

@Thorfire; just curious what happened to the TG05?

Iā€™ve always liked the style of this light, as itā€™s a smaller AA-sized EDC with the styling of my favorite Convoy host, the S6. If this light had a deep-carry pocket clip available, it would be an ideal mod-host for an EDC. I would really like to see this light made available again, especially if it could be offered in host formā€¦

I would buy 2 or 3 for sure.

Me too ā€¦

As it sells not very well and we now have its brother flashlight TG06, Soā€¦ TG05 discontinued.

I still want a few more VG10s like the one I gotā€¦

Damned shame if people want them but none are available.

Like, seriously, are they discontinued or something? Iā€™m still looking, canā€™t really find any.

Thorfire, do you have TG06 wth NW tint?

I have 2 TG06, both have CW tints.

Thanks

They have been in stock on Amazon for a while, current price is $14.00.

When in doubt, clear your cache. (Gawd, how I hate Firefox sometimesā€¦ well, most times.)

And so they are!

Canā€™t figure out, though, what changed. Mine goes from low to high, but the ad and some reviews say high to low. ?!?

Moonlight/low/mid/high is perfect, and what I got. Donā€™t want to chance getting one that goes high/mid/low/moonlight (ie, ruin your night-vision before going to moonlight).

Had I been sure itā€™d go low to high, I wouldā€™ve gotten a bunch more when I had the chance. Anyone know for sure what the current crop does?

Since there were no objections, sounds like itā€™s time for an official groupbuy. :beer:

Anyone is welcome to join:

Looks like Thorfire agreed to a VG-10 flashlight Groupbuy

I believe there is also plenty of interest for other TF products:

- C8s flashlight

- host only VG-10

• host TG-06
    ā€¦etc

The only caveat is that Iā€™d like it to be exactly as the one I got:

ā€¢ forward clicky

ā€¢ moonlight, low, medium, high

ā€¢ same exact driver to make point 2 happen (order, levels, memory, etc.)

I could live with CW, ā€™though absolutely Iā€™d prefer 4200K-5000K, whichā€™d make the VG10 my Perfect Lightā„¢. Much much much less essential than the bulleted points above.

Pointed out elsewhere that Iā€™ve seen blurbs and reviews (eg, amazon) where the order was h/m/l/f, and in that case, I wouldnā€™t be interested at all. Strobe or any blinkies, even ā€œhiddenā€, and instant dealbreaker.

Also really like the non-recessed switch (ie, wonā€™t really tailstand). I can do without tailstanding, as having the slightly-protruding switch makes it a much better tactical flashā€™nā€™dash light. Easier to momentarily flick on with gloves, too.

So basically, other than CT/tint (minor quibble at that), itā€™s really the only perfect light I ever got off-the-rack, without having to modify the crap out of it (or live with endlessly-grating annoyances).

Now we donā€™t have TG06 with NW tint, but in the near future we will have more options and upgraded version, according to customer experience and comment.

On VG10 listing and manual, it says the brightness level in the order of High-Mid-Low-Moonlight.