Rating: [BG] BangGood.com

Yep, free shipping is best. I have tried both ways and FREE SHIP is best. Just make sure to get $25 worth so that FREE TRACKING is included.

Under $25 no Free Tracking. :open_mouth: :frowning:

Yeap no issues here. Got my VG10 in 11 days all the way to New Zealand. I have noticed though that over the last 18 months or so shipping times have dropped dramatically. I used to wait 30 odd days for everything I ordered from China 3-4 years ago.

Hi guys! in your experience how many days does it take to make your tracking number appear on the shipping service provider’s database? I ordered a flashlight on december 5 and it was shipped on december 24 providing a tracking number but when I check singapore post and 17track both resulted in “item not found”. Can you please clarify me because this is my first time to deal with banggood. Gearbest showed a shipping update 2 days after I made orders.

G'Day igeigeige,

In my experience Sigapore Post is the slowest to initially update the tracking, & it has taken anything from 3 to 7 days from "shipment".

Best Regards,

George

Thank you for the trip George, banggood gave me flytexpress to track my order and fortunately the shipping details appeared with respect to my tracking number. Maybe a few more days more and singapore post will update my shipping details.

Happy New Year!

That one dishonest Customer Service guy in China who tries ripping off customers has taken a job at BangGood:

In my experience with 10 orders in Banggood I only have good things about all of then….

Outstanding shipping time, most of then arrives to my country before 7 days :open_mouth:

I had 2 “issues” which one was a defective product and one for price matching, all was solved with no problem and total satisfaction for me.

The prices is good, not the cheapest but if the product which I searching is in banggood list I buy that with no doubts.

If only word define my experience, thats will be AMAZING! :heart_eyes:

Problems all stores have, good stores solve then! :blush:

I just received my klarus xt12gt last jan 17, just to burst my bubble of excitement, the light came in defective: :person_facepalming:

1. main switch malfunctioning, cannot turn on the light most of the time, only paddle switch works.

2. turbo 60 seconds, light flickers, then goes off, cannot be turned on by main switch, only paddle switch can make the light turn activate strobe.

I immedately contacted bangood, send complaints to their website, and message swi and emailed her also. They said I should upload my video to youtube, i obliged.

Now here comes the waiting game.

It just sucks that i payed for a what to be a lemon xt12gt.

I hope Banggood or Swi, would immediately resolve the matter. i purchased the light for use in emergency rescue operations, so there is an urgent need. Given the light came in faulty, im afraid that it would be of use at the moment. :person_facepalming:

I preordered 2 Keepower 26650s and they shipped ahead of schedule! Really good price, problem is, I don’t have a 26650 light, darn it!

Never got confirmation email when created account. Don’t know if that’s why Apple Pay didn’t work. Don’t care for products listed but no “out of stock” notice.

Can you sign in to your account on Banggood’s site??

Nope.

If you did not get the Account Confirmation email & can’t sign into your account…. I’d say something did not take & you don’t have an account.
You may have it solved by now… but if not, that may well be the problem.

I have discovered that Banggood intercepts neutral reviews. Instead of publishing them, they send you an email diverting you to customer support. I presume that they do this with negative reviews as well.

This means that I no longer trust Banggood reviews and product ratings.

Here’s the post where I originally mentioned this, whilst buying a couple of 18650 tubes for the Astrolux S41S:

That post was a follow-up from a previous post:

I just ordered the Klarus TP20Ti - or should I better say: I tried to order it? I went all the way through the PayPal process and just when I confirmed the last step I got the message “invalid: your shopping cart is empty” as it became sold out right in the middle of the payment process.

In my opinion this process should be improved. When someone is already going through the payment process the ordered item should be reserved or kept safe for dispatch. :frowning:
Also the alert notification via e-mail never works when items are back on stock again. I was just lucky checking my wishlist and then this. :person_facepalming:

Recently ordered a charger from Banggood. Took 14 days to arrive from date of order. Not bad! Tracking number worked OK also!

Not so good was the charger was shipped in a thin black unprotected plastic bag. One corner of the charger box was partly squashed causing a tear or split along one edge of the charger box! Fortunately the charger was not damaged!!

For the price paid for this relatively expensive charger, I would have expected extra shipping protection for this item.

Overall, I would rate Banggood about average+.

Not too keen on buying any more "expensive" items from them anymore as there is some risk of damage to items due to poor item shipping protection.

I agree, both Banggood and GearBest ship in similar methods. I haven’t ever received orders packaged in boxes, or well protected for that matter from these retailers. A poly bag is real cheap (in many ways) compared to a shipping box.
So I tend to purchase not so expensive items. The Q8 was my most expensive purchase to date.

Many thumbs down for Banggood. Refused to replace or refund for light due to damage. I actually bought insurance to play it safe. Even then they refused to acknowledge my order completely. Paid via Paypal. If Paypal gives me runaround I will contact my credit card company to resolve issue.

Try contacting (sending a PM to) user Banggood in these forums. He might be able to help.

Good and fast service for me. Ordered from Canada on December 11, package arrived, undamaged, January 4. Considering it was a Canada Post strike and Christmas, I am pretty impressed with the speed. I have ordered a number of other tech components from them and have received all but my magnets in multiple packages. Definitely will order again from them