Rating: Dealextreme.com

ok, thanks for the help brted! DX for the most part just has better prices and a ton of more review and feedback on items.

I have said it many times over at this forum: Dont expect the seller (any seller!) to be nice to you. The emails

with silly questions only have one purpose, to stall you untill 45 days have past, then you are on your own and

at the mercy of the socalled servicedepartment. File a dispute with PayPal at once and they get really nice

and are more willing to make it right with you. The last resort is to raise your dispute to a claim within 45 days.

Nautic is right. In my limited experience with DX, they will give you the runaround if you try to solve a problem through their "RMA & Replacement" "Customer Service Express" system. If you have a problem, go straight through PayPal because DX will intentionally stall, and they will not try to help you at all. I ordered several items, including a $1.99 flashlight holster (sku.29355). The holster never arrived, so I went through DX's system and waited patiently for about 43 days, then I filed a dispute with PayPal. DX kept on asking me to wait another 2 weeks. After I filed the dispute with PayPal, DX had the nerve to change the status of the order to: "Processing Paused due to PayPal Complaint." I eventually got my money back through PayPal, but it took forever and it left a sour taste in my mouth. I'll continue to buy stuff from DX, but I will never again go through their Customer Service Express system. Also, I will create a separate order for every item I purchase; that way if one item never arrives, I don't have to explain to PayPal that I received most of my order except for one item. Also, I have read that creating a separate order for each item will get your items shipped more quickly.

AH man :( looks like I have been screwed by DX then. Now to plan my revenge....

Maybe I'm just very lucky but I've never had to go the Paypal route with DX in the years I've been shopping there. I've had to threaten to do so when they screwed up and send me a wrong item of higher value (honest mistake, somebody there must have fatfingered the sku) and then tried to use their RMA policy to get out of covering the return postage (not applicable, not an RMA issue, don't try to argue with a customer who knows your policy better than you, do not pass go, do not collect $200 ;)) and I've had to use my personal contacts there to make a refund happen but that's after several hundred orders.

They absolutely will try to stall. Don't let them. I know that they look at your order history so there is a good chance that they will treat me different from a guy with half a dozen orders. Is that fair? Well, I don't know. That guy is a customer just like me. His money is worth just as much as mine. On the other hand, they know that I'm not trying to scam them out of a $10 light after I've spent several thousand dollars there. In any case, they have been fair to me and I won't lie - I like DX so there's a chance that I may have more patience when dealing with CSE than most people.

If a CS rep (particularly a new one) gives you the run around, close the ticket and open another one (you can't have two tickets open on the same order). When they ask you to check the forum for a solution to your problem (and they probably will), do so. If there isn't one or if your item is simply DOA, tell them you did as you were told and explain the issue again in simple words. I can't stress that last part enough. Unless you know the CS rep, keep it short, friendly and simple. It's not uncommon for them to speak English as a third language. If that doesn't work, post on their forum. I go by lowrider over there and I'm happy to help when I can. :)

I ordered a Hugsby P31 from them for a friend. It didn't work (maybe screwed up and used a LIO-Driver, couldn't check). Then demanded a working one through their RMA System. They sent a new one, but it didn't work, either. Ok, back to RMA-form and they told me to return the flashlights. So i sent them to Hongkong. The refunded me the shipping costs and sent a new one, which arrived today and ist working perfectly.

It took 3-4 months but hey, even a slow service ist better than none. I also didn't get stalled through their RMA-System, the usually replied in 2-3 days.

For when you can't provide a decent service.

Of course, sell T-Shirts instead!

At a rather high price IMO.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.50591

Heh, and i thought i was the only one wondering why would any1 buy a DX logoed shirt for much more than expected. The reaoning behind a DX t-shirt for not cheap is beyond me.

I almost want to buy one. That cartoon expresses my feelings about DX quite precisely. Notice that the guy is worn out and frustrated, and he's trying to pull all the ropes to make DX give him what he ordered...

What a poignant moment of reality.

:|

I'm not entirely sure but I think those are the winning entries from that little contest they had last summer.

A bunch of designer labels are known for doing the exact same thing: basically, they accept custom t-shirt designs, have a jury do some sort of pre-selection and then their customers get to pick their favorites. And if your design wins, you get a cash price and they prominently feature your shirt somewhere on their homepage, where people can actually buy it. This works for the designers because some (read: very, very few) have managed to land full-time jobs by winning these competitions and making a name for themselves. Those custom shirts often sell for around $50. The reason that business model works for those labels is, of course, that they already have a customer base that won't bat an eyelid at paying 50+ bucks for a t-shirt. (Yeah, they're high-quality but come on, it's a t-shirt.)

What made the folks at DX think that this niche business model would work for them? I have no idea. Like I said before, I like DX and if they gave me a free shirt I wouldn't mind wearing it to the gym or something. But asking $10 for almost absurdly oversized shirts (XXXL? Really?) of unknown quality? Thanks, but no thanks.

I have to be fair and say that my orders have been more or less fine, although perhaps a little slow sometimes....but I'm in Australia so I'm used to that. I've had about 5 orders since January when I first discovered their site...and was fascinated by all the new hi-tech lighting/flashlights. The search function is kind of weird, because it usually gives me nothing that I actually searched for, but sooner or later I find what I want. Strangely, that didn't stop me buying a whole lot of stuff I probably didn't need!

In my 2nd order I received an Ultrafire WF-502B with P7 emitter. It was fantastic for the first 1.5 minutes, then went 'out like a light', with only one small dot of light evident on one quarter of the emitter. Nice flashlight other than that ;-) Anyway, I checked their policy on defective crap and sent them some very good photos with a highly detailed description. DX suggested I pay $10USD and they would send me another identical flashlight.
I tried swapping in an R2 drop in, which worked perfectly (and still does), so I suggested that rather than send me a whole new flashlight, they could just send a replacement drop in module. DX emailed to say no, just send it back. After checking postal rates I emailed them to say it would cost more than what it was worth. DX said they would cover the cost of this, but at this stage I wasn't prepared to risk any more money with a company who didn't want to do the right thing. In the end I just agreed to pay them the $10, they sent me a new WF-502B P7 (which I will try to heatsink better before I use it for anything). I guess it wasn't a lot of money, more the principle of the whole thing. Overall I find DX ok. Looking at all the other sites and scams, DX does seem to have very competetive pricing, depending on what you want. Rating = 3.5

I must be lucky then, i never had issues with DX with 15 orders so far from june this year. I did cancel 1 order and took them 1 month to refund me. Other than that and very long times till the package gets to HK post, no issues.

Think of BAN like the deodorant …It’s just a way of getting the stink of crybaby Forum politics off of you …

[quote=Boaz]

Think of BAN like the deodorant ...It's just a way of getting the stink of crybaby Forum politics off of you ...

[/quote]

LOL...Much like Secret... Strong enough for a man, but pH balanced for DM51 (et al...).

I still can't get over that the audacity of that guy locking a thread that some guy started celebrating his years spent on that forum. Meh...enough about that....

I got my dx order today. Posted 28.11.2010 ! Sat in the china Po until 08.01.11. DX had no idea what happened to it. So far 5 orders. 2 okay, 2 very slow delivery. One had wrong product (smaller cheaper version) one had two defective products. Not so good and im not keen to use them again.

On dec.23-2010 I ordered two XM-L LED stars at DX in two orders.

The first one arrived two days ago. It was shipped as 'early' as jan.14 but I guess it was caught in the festival after all.

Today I received an envelope from 'SHENZEN NEST FOOD CO., LTD' stamped jan.19. I never have and never shall eat chinese birds nests so I was very curious to see what was inside. It was very light and narrow so it could only be a small food sample.

Inside was the yellow envelope with my second XM-L from DX !

Thanks to 'SHENZEN NEST FOOD CO., LTD'. You used 5(whatever) stamp and made a new (and correct) address label to forward the package to me.

Good grief. It's a miracle they manage to ship anything.

I dont think I wanna order from DX anymore except for things I cant find anywhere else.

+1

But they're OK the other half of the year, usually.

Yes, this has been the problem mix of christmas + chinese new year.

Understand that DX is the shop with more customers in the world. So imagine the huge amount of orders, cancelations, tickets etc...

Also their suppliers....