Rating: Dinodirect.com

Dinodirect CS is currently giving me the runaround.

I am also at day 44. Although I haven't told them I will file a PP case if they didn't resolve it now. I already told them I will file a dispute if the problem is not resolved.

DD CS also told me to wait for the email from the manager. Well, I have only a day left and have no time to wait. I will file a PP dispute if they didn't resolve this today.

Update:

If I paid Jan 3, until when can I file dispute? Feb 16(today) or Feb 17? I'm currently on chat and DD CS is asking for another day to resolve the issue.

You wouldn't be sorry if you had read post# 741 above before you contacted customer"service".

@Maurice: Always file a dispute with PP at once, repeat: at once. You may contact seller afterwards,

but this does not matter, as a dispute is all you need to get the sellers attentions.

File it anyway ... the claim can be closed at any time and it gives you 20 days to resolve issues. When everything goes downhill the actual case can be opened. I don't see making a claim that big of a problem, the actual case is what is questioning sellers integrity.

According to this website, Feb. 16th is day 44. (Input Jan. 3rd & Feb. 16th, and hit "Calculate.") I only wait until day 42, just in case the power goes out, my internet goes down, or I become deathly ill. (Plus I like the number 42.)

By the way, I filed a PayPal dispute (concerning my missing DinoDirect order) about an hour ago because today is my day 42.

Day 44 also, filed a dispute at PayPal.

What I don't get is why DD's CS told me to wait a few more days. They got nerves over there.

I wouldn't be surprised if DinoDirect... went the way of DiscoveryBargain. Or, if you want to get technical, dinosaurs went extinct way before people started to find bargains, so DB went the way of the Dino.

3/13/2012 UPDATE: Yesterday I received the remainder of my last order. Therefore, I am back to loving The Dino. ;)

I would recommend PayPal disputes with any of these sellers, including DD, DX, KD, MF, etc., etc. If enough disputes/claims happen without them changing their business practices, maybe PayPal will refuse to work with them in the future - it has happened before.

Now, 49 days for my first order...

36 days for my second order...

31 days for my third order...

nothing received yet.. my first 2 orders were split..

Didnt file a dispute for my first order, just trusting they actually send all the stuff, as they did in the past.
But if i dont receive my first order before the second order reaches 44 days, I will definitely file a dispute for my second order, and probably my third...

But if I receive my first order before my second order reaches 44 days, I will just wait again.. And then same thing will count for my third.. if I dont receive the seond one before my third reaches 44 days.. then I will file a dispute.

waiting 49 days is just no fun!

coming home after a day of work, the first thing I do is checking the mailbox.........................................................empty

What I don't understand is, why on earth would a business want to work like this? Just get the stock in and get it out again as soon as possible! It is obvious to me that they carry very little stock and wait for a shed load of orders to be placed so they can try to negotiate better deals for themselves. But this takes time and in the mean time it's Paypal disputes galore!

Marc.

I always got everything from DD. The most it took was 30 days and that was during the chinese new year. The previous sentence is only partially correct. Often the 5 mode were 3 or 1 mode. Once it was 0 mode (not even working).

Unless you like repairs and possibly modding DD P60 form factor is unreccomended. But i always got the packages mostly quite faster than im used to.

Completely agree with you.

Most of the those chinese/HK-based stores are just-in-time/just-on-order dealers. MF, SFS and HKE seem to be the exception.

I am still waitting 3 orders from DD

2 (28 Dec 11) of them already paypal claim and the 3 one (08 Jan 12) I guess gonna be

Ouch. How long it does ship to Lithuania usually?

Lessee...DD, DX, MF crossed-off the list. On a roll here. A veritable juggernaut. Unstoppable. Tear-assing through Chinese suppliers like white on rice.

Beware the ides of March.

Oh_no

I had to file a claim with PayPal today against DD

If I get the order I will cancel the claim.

One order 20 days after that one from DD I already got, so either they never sent it when they said they did or its lost.

- December 29, 2011: ordered two Tank007 E09s & some fishing lures, paid immediately via PayPal.

- January 1, 2012: received email thanking me for my patience and offering 50 Dino Points.

- January 5, 2012: received email thanking me for my patience and offering 100 Dino Points.

- January 11, 2012: received email with a shipping confirmation of my entire order.

- January 11, 2012: received email with a picture of one flashlight.

- January 13, 2012: received email telling me one flashlight shipped.

- In the meantime: received the lures first, then one flashlight about a week later.

- February 8, 2012: opened case against DD via PayPal requesting refund of $10.99 USD for the one flashlight not delivered.

- February 8, 2012: refund declined by DD asking me to close the case and wait until Feb. 12th.

- February 14, 2012: escalated to claim via PayPal.

- February 15, 2012: refund received from DD for $10.99 USD. case closed. thank you & bye bye!

Now can you guys stop defending dinodirect? Anticipation isnt really fun after all. I would not mind if they told me an item was back ordered, just dont say its been shipped and have me looking, listening, and waiting on the mailman. Thats just wrong, false hope. Like ive said before, we all got screwed, it is not an isolated incident, we all ordered the same things around the same time, and all claimed to be shipped around the same time too, and none of us have gotten anything, my items claimed to be shipped over a month ago, i will never get it, neither will you guys.

DD answered my PP dispute: "sometimes it takes long time to arrive bla bla bla, We appreciate your understanding and hope you can kindly close the dispute. After you close it, you can open a case in your account or come to live chat to chat with us if you have any problems about the status of your package, and we will refund you immediately when the missing time comes and the transaction ID for refund will be sent to you by e-mail. We sincerely appreciate your trust.".

Yeah, right. They're not getting any more of my money.

Just a little update from my order. I haven't checked it for about a week. I still didn't receive photos but I looked and found I now have tracking numbers.

DD claims they sent my order on 02/07/2012 12:XX AM and 02/08/2012 05:XX AM. Both my orders left HK on 17/02 according to the HK post website. That seems a little suspicious, it doesn't normally take so long for a parcel to leave HK from my experience.

And according to the info on the NZ post website the one supposedly sent on 02/08 was picked up 02.XX PM on 15/02/12. The other one doesn't work, I guess it hasn't entered in to the NZ system yet (in the HK website the one that works says 'and is being processed for delivery to the addressee'.

Okay even given that DD seem to use some weird US timezone internally for reasons I don't understand, if I believe DD it should have left on 02/08 and 02/09. I can understand and have experience with it taking 2 days or so for a shipment to show as 'picked up' so at the absolute latest it should have been on 02/13 (allowing for the weekend) not 02/15.

Either DD only sends someone to the HK post office once every week, perhaps when the friend of the owner is working so they get good rates, or they're fibbing about when it was sent. This may also explain why it took so long for a tracking number to show up, normally when someone says they sent an item they can send me the tracking number straight away even if it takes 2 days or so for it to work in the tracking system.

P.S. If you don't remember my order was split in to 2 parts. The total order is over $50 so I was supposed to get free tracking. The split orders are I think under $50 each although I don't know what was in each part.