Rating: Dinodirect.com

That's news to me. Most French I know speak very good English, They have to learn it from an early age at school.

Marc.

I doubt the quality controllers do anything else but slap a sticker on the box.

My light flickered/didn't turn on properly when I got it (switch was not tightened) and the anodizing at the bezel had a grayish shade instead of black like the rest of the light. Quality Controller No.17 had clearly not done his/her job.

kreisler, please tell Quality Controller No.17 next time you run into him/her to pay more attention. Thanks.

It depends heavily on your acadamic/scholar degree here in Germany... I had 7 years English in school and 5 years of French and if I hadn't chosen computer sciences as an optional course i could have learned spanish for 5 years. Nowadays the German pupils in some schools learn english as early as in their first school year. Dutch (from the Netherlands) or Scandinavian people are typically the language wizards here in Europe. I know some dutch people who speak more than 4 languages fluently besides their own. As a German you don't need to learn other languages for personal use as German is the most natively spoken language with roughly 100 million in Europe (Germany,Austria, German speaking part of Switzerland) not counting Russia and all major English spoken films are translated into German.

Knowledge of English in the EU

They wonderful! Fast shipping! Greatest ever! Never be afraid of dark again!

No problem here. Best customer service! Never rec'd wrong products either HAHAHAHAA

Basically they are a nightmare. What you might $$save is made up in frustration.

Watch out for personal attacks and a lot of gutter language coming your way....

This isn't very accurate. Italy should be way more pale green.

My country is rated at 50-79%. Way too generous im afraid. The poluplation knowledge of english language is:

50y+ 95% clueless

26-50y good english in 60% cases, 30 poor english, 10% zulu engrish

13-25y 90% good knowledge (10% way below average, almost useless - they don't care)

Most parts of Slovenia neighbouring other countries are often fluent in that language (many have that language in elementary shool). I speak Italian fluently (even some dialects - which are basicly a tiotally different language), some does German others does Hungarian and many do Croatian (before Slovenia gained indipendency from Yugoslavia in the 1991, serbian-croatian language including cyrilic alphabet was teached in school.).

It's fun to know languages. My wife is fluent in German and Spanish.

When she yells at me for no reason i often reply:

Sieg Heil! and do the hand thing. (i have to run shortly after)

Let's keep on topic, shall we?

Dinodirect CS is currently giving me the runaround.

I am also at day 44. Although I haven't told them I will file a PP case if they didn't resolve it now. I already told them I will file a dispute if the problem is not resolved.

DD CS also told me to wait for the email from the manager. Well, I have only a day left and have no time to wait. I will file a PP dispute if they didn't resolve this today.

Update:

If I paid Jan 3, until when can I file dispute? Feb 16(today) or Feb 17? I'm currently on chat and DD CS is asking for another day to resolve the issue.

You wouldn't be sorry if you had read post# 741 above before you contacted customer"service".

@Maurice: Always file a dispute with PP at once, repeat: at once. You may contact seller afterwards,

but this does not matter, as a dispute is all you need to get the sellers attentions.

File it anyway ... the claim can be closed at any time and it gives you 20 days to resolve issues. When everything goes downhill the actual case can be opened. I don't see making a claim that big of a problem, the actual case is what is questioning sellers integrity.

According to this website, Feb. 16th is day 44. (Input Jan. 3rd & Feb. 16th, and hit "Calculate.") I only wait until day 42, just in case the power goes out, my internet goes down, or I become deathly ill. (Plus I like the number 42.)

By the way, I filed a PayPal dispute (concerning my missing DinoDirect order) about an hour ago because today is my day 42.

Day 44 also, filed a dispute at PayPal.

What I don't get is why DD's CS told me to wait a few more days. They got nerves over there.

I wouldn't be surprised if DinoDirect... went the way of DiscoveryBargain. Or, if you want to get technical, dinosaurs went extinct way before people started to find bargains, so DB went the way of the Dino.

3/13/2012 UPDATE: Yesterday I received the remainder of my last order. Therefore, I am back to loving The Dino. ;)

I would recommend PayPal disputes with any of these sellers, including DD, DX, KD, MF, etc., etc. If enough disputes/claims happen without them changing their business practices, maybe PayPal will refuse to work with them in the future - it has happened before.

Now, 49 days for my first order...

36 days for my second order...

31 days for my third order...

nothing received yet.. my first 2 orders were split..

Didnt file a dispute for my first order, just trusting they actually send all the stuff, as they did in the past.
But if i dont receive my first order before the second order reaches 44 days, I will definitely file a dispute for my second order, and probably my third...

But if I receive my first order before my second order reaches 44 days, I will just wait again.. And then same thing will count for my third.. if I dont receive the seond one before my third reaches 44 days.. then I will file a dispute.

waiting 49 days is just no fun!

coming home after a day of work, the first thing I do is checking the mailbox.........................................................empty

What I don't understand is, why on earth would a business want to work like this? Just get the stock in and get it out again as soon as possible! It is obvious to me that they carry very little stock and wait for a shed load of orders to be placed so they can try to negotiate better deals for themselves. But this takes time and in the mean time it's Paypal disputes galore!

Marc.

I always got everything from DD. The most it took was 30 days and that was during the chinese new year. The previous sentence is only partially correct. Often the 5 mode were 3 or 1 mode. Once it was 0 mode (not even working).

Unless you like repairs and possibly modding DD P60 form factor is unreccomended. But i always got the packages mostly quite faster than im used to.

Completely agree with you.

Most of the those chinese/HK-based stores are just-in-time/just-on-order dealers. MF, SFS and HKE seem to be the exception.

I am still waitting 3 orders from DD

2 (28 Dec 11) of them already paypal claim and the 3 one (08 Jan 12) I guess gonna be